[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Are you saying that I can use the smaller (but more powerful AoE) to get the 5 soldiers near the Impala, but then switch to the larger AoE when attacking those in the hill-area? If so, then yes I'll use the normal "Ionized Field" effect to target those near our car.
Attacking the squad at the Impala is one Standard Action. Moving to the hill will require a Move Action. Attacking the group at the hill will require a separate Standard Action. This round you are attacking the group at the Impala. You may move afterwards, but you will have to wait until next round to attack again.

As "Ionized Field" is a Damaging Effect, I'm going to say that you can use your established AE to harm squads that are spread out. Flavor wise you are assumed to be moving around and launching multiple attacks in Mass Combat. Unless I make an OOC note, members of a Force being spread out won't impact the damage you inflict on the group. You're attacking a Force, a group-entity, not dealing with individual Minions.

Supernaturalist wrote:If I did keep the larger AoE, would I have it as an option for the entire scene
As an Instant Duration Effect, it'll be a one and done Power Stunt. You use it once. That's it. Then you need to use Extra Effort to Power Stunt again.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden is handcuffed, right? Is he handcuffed to something in the car or just his hands?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

His hands are handcuffed together. He is not secured to a stationary object.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Behind his back?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Correct.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Kensiedo wrote:Can Aiden make an Athletics check to bring the cuffs under his feet and in front?
Yes. With a DC 15 Athletics check he'll be able to do so. If we weren't in combat time I'd let you take 10.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, given your info on Iona's AoE, she will not Power Stunt it to a larger, weaker effect. She'll just keep the effect as is. Would you like me to go back and edit her posts?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego has a reach of 250 feet. Would that be enough to hit the soldiers at the hill or warehouse. Whichever one Iona isn't heading towards
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Ok, given your info on Iona's AoE, she will not Power Stunt it to a larger, weaker effect. She'll just keep the effect as is. Would you like me to go back and edit her posts?
You do not have to. Though I would appreciate it if you did. That would make it less confusing when someone reads the posts and I tend to reread things.
MrDent wrote:Diego has a reach of 250 feet. Would that be enough to hit the soldiers at the hill or warehouse. Whichever one Iona isn't heading towards
It would reach them if he moved closer. They're 300 feet out. Though he can't accurately perceive them. The squad in the warehouse isn't at the edge of windows. They're inside the building a ways. The people at the hill aren't perched atop the hill. They're popping up to fire, then taking cover behind the terrain. You need to move in close either way.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I went back through Iona's last two posts and edited them. I'm pretty sure I took out all references to the Power Stunt.
Supernaturalist

As a side issue, would you like me to post for John? I know he is cuffed, but he is essentially going to be grudgingly cooperative with any soldier that tries to move him. John will not outright resist (because that could get him shot), but he will be slow to get up, move, and will constantly voice how dangerous it is to move until "the threat" is taken care of".
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Thank you for editing Iona's posts.

As for John ... the man isn't in limbo. A scary, horrific, and brutal massacre is taking place around him as mundane forces struggle against inhuman beings. Diego is shredding armored, trained, soldiers and police into pasty meat smears while Iona is reducing others to ash. There were hailstorm of bullets flying around and combatants are fleeing the area. The soldiers that were on John's side of the Impala have fled after Iona's attack and the asphalt under him is painfully hot because the electrical burst Iona sent out is melting the road.

John isn't being watched over or guarded. He can take action without the interference of a soldier or officer jumping on him. How he reacts to everything is up to you. If you can't think of a productive non-combat course of action for John to take, some kind of reaction to everything happening would still be good. Though I am not going to require you to make a post for John.

Right now the focus is on Iona and Diego, but I don't want to forget Aiden and John.
Supernaturalist

Just one more question before I post for John: Did the soldier who removed John's gun and knife drop them when he fled or did he run off with them? As it stands, John will have to find a spot where it's safe to bring his cuffed-hands in front of himself, and then try to figure out a way to unlock or break his restrains before arming himself.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I realized that I posted my question about Athletics on the IC thread, so I edited that to my actual post and Aiden failing to swing his cuffs around front.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The soldier took John's weapons with him. They're gone until you have some time to replace them. No EP will need to be spent for that. There are some gore covered weapons near the barricade, and glowing-hot weapons on Iona's side of the Impala.

I noticed the edited post Kensiedo. Thank you for stating that here. I would have missed it if I hadn't gone back to reread some posts.