[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sorry for not getting a post up on Friday. The day ended up being a long one and I was really tired when I got home. I'll definitely get a post up for Iona today.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I updated Diegos complications to

Motivation(Responsibility): He's been at it so long he feels like he needs to play his part to bring about utopia if only to help the world.
Relationship(Sanders): Diego feels a unique connection to Tilly Sanders and despite his lack of connection and feelings would be hard pressed to not help her if asked.
Obsession(Black Heart): Diego is obsessed with getting a black heart that he feels is his.
Enemy(U.S Government): Diegos cover is blown. Given the depth of knowledge he had and how deep he was, the U.S government is not happy with him betraying them and they want answers.
Psychopath: Diego views everything as a calculation. Sometimes, his view of people as just pawns might be received negatively.

I noticed they were a bit out of date.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The updated Complications fit Diego's current situation.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Should my next post deal with the return to base and the inevitable conversation with Diego? I don't want to assume I get to head back if Sokolov has something else in store for Iona.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You may ahead and have Iona return to base. The scene with Dr. Sokolov is finished.
Supernaturalist

I'll be able to post for Iona tomorrow (Wednesday). I won't be home until late tonight.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll be out of town Friday through Sunday, so won't be able to get ic posts up this weekend.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

By the time Iona gets back, is there time for the chat between her and Diego where she tries to convince him or is Chen coming before than? If the former, I can get a post up for Diego tomorrow night.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You may have the conversation before Chen arrives. Don't wait for me to post, as I likely won't be getting a post up today. Tilly's response would have been a simple acknowledgement, more or less.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I asked about the timing of the chat exactly because of what I expected and saw from Ionas post. Diego is obsessed with the heart, but playing the I'll help you card so soon is not as strong as it could be. I'll figure Diegos response proper Sunday, but it will reflect Iona simply saying give give Sokolov a piece of your territory plus control of the armies financial support in exchange for a promise to help get the heart without even a down payment plus Diego seeing some avenues for getting it without her still.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is it worth Diego trying to discern with a roll if Iona is lying?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Go ahead and make the roll. Insight or Deception. Supernaturalist can roll Deception to oppose if he wants to.

Iona does have something she could offer to sweeten the deal. Not sure if Supernaturalist has forgotten or if Iona is keeping quiet about it intentionally. Diego is really big on getting information. She has some that he doesn't. She also has a way of getting to Romper and the heart that Diego does not. A lot faster than any method Diego has as an option.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:38 am Go ahead and make the roll. Insight or Deception. Supernaturalist can roll Deception to oppose if he wants to.

Iona does have something she could offer to sweeten the deal. Not sure if Supernaturalist has forgotten or if Iona is keeping quiet about it intentionally. Diego is really big on getting information. She has some that he doesn't. She also has a way of getting to Romper and the heart that Diego does not. A lot faster than any method Diego has as an option.
Yep...just all part of the haggling process. :D Btw, I will not be home until late tonight, so I'll have to post tomorrow.
Supernaturalist

I added Iona's Deception roll to my last post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I need to bump up Diegos deception eventually. Not catching Ionas lies is getting embarrassing.