[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get a post up later tonight, but not quite sure how we'd go back to a car that isn't there anymore.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, I missed that part.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Anna and John are driving off in the Camero before your meeting with Dutch ends. It is her car. John stole a Jeep, which Diego is aware of. It is has a dead body in it. Diego has the phone with the blackmail material. Aiden can always ask for it back.

As for Aiden having no way of knowing what is going on with Dutch, Anna didn't spell it out. However, she said winning the race would get them the crystal (guess what is in the small container Dutch handed Aiden). Nothing was said about working for Dutch, or about a second contact. Aiden also knows his mission is to hand deliver the data crystal to Dr. Sokolov. It is ok if Aiden is confused. He's dealing with spies, smugglers, and super villain masterminds in the shadows. Diego deals with this every day.

As for what to do next ... wait in Vegas over the weekend to make sure the situation with Anna's "kidnapping" goes to plan. Then return to Hadron City. The waiting bit doesn't need to be played out. We'll wrap up any last socializing scenes you three want to do, then time skip.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Unless Diego says something, Aiden is likely to just leave as mentioned in the post.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist won't be able to post until the 22nd or later. You can assume that you get a response from John indicating that he's with Anna and she's keeping to her end of the deal. They won't meet up with Diego, however.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So for the waiting bit, is that in the safe house provided by Chen or in a write up have Diego and Aiden(if he sticks around) hole up in a hotel? Is it safe to assume John will meet up with Diego after his affair with Anna?

During that down time, Diego wouldn't just hang out in the waiting place unless he had a compelling reason. Without John or Iona to watch he'd likely venture out to get info on whats going on in the outside world a bit after ditching the jeep.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The only reason Aiden would stay is if Diego said he or John need a ride back. And he wouldn't stay in town, he would wait in Shrike.

Unless Diego gave him a reason to stay in town.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego would likely prefer if Aiden stayed in Shrike. With John off with Anna, Iona wherever, and Aiden in the plane he can get a lay of the land and start putting out feelers to old contacts for establishing a network outside of Hadron City. I'll hold that bit though until I find out if John is going to meet back up with the Diego and Aiden.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

John won't be coming back until you are ready to leave Vegas. That is, come Monday.

The safehouse is for an emergency situation that you no longer need. It isn't there for your casual use. If you recall Chen told Diego about it when he received a report that the mission was FUBAR. Diego should update Chen and find his own place to lay low.

As for not remaining idle, you are free to have Diego get some information about the world and reach out to old contacts. He's been in a sort of intel isolation for over a month, so that is a good idea.

Diego and John do need a ride back. They're half a continent away from Hadron City and have no means of getting back in themselves (John anyway). Chen can get them another ride ... but he already called in favors and pulled strings to get Aiden to help them. That said, the last Chen heard Aiden went AWOL ...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Copy. I'll get a summary post up tonightish unless Aiden has anything else to discuss.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Nope. Aiden is fine waiting for them, as long as he can do it in Shrike. While it's not 100% certain he needed the help in the end, he does recognize that Diego did help him and did guarantee the win. Given that Diego has reason to not trust Aiden, much less help him; Aiden will hang around to give them a ride back.

Just give him a way to communicate when and where they want him to pick them up.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Supernaturalist, did you miss that Diego called John?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For my post, is Diego left with any funds or John take them all. I might have missed him taking his pay on the mission.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Actually I did miss it. Sorry. Could we assume that John had already gotten into the car with Anna when he gets the call? I can go back and edit the post.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It has to be that way. Diego called after we walked back to find the car missing.