[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

The chipping is bad but the Ominous Plan is worse by several orders of magnitude.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Must be pretty bad as chipping seems like a show stopper.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If you want to do something about it, you can run a mission of some fashion. Diego has 2 points of Null's Favor now. You could request some help solving the issue, though the PCs will have to take center stage on any such endeavors. I'd also let you use 1 Favor to call in some kind of delaying measure to buy you time.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Probably will pull in a favour, just need to reconcile in my head what he would ask or if he would divert time from getting the heart now that he has Iona on the hook to help him.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Major Maja "Valkyrie" Karlsten

(Image of actress Katheryn Winnick.)

Maja was one of Hitori Zanzo's student prior to Imperator's conquest of Hadron City, and though still in her teen years, took part in the iniial assault on the city. Later she came to lead a squad of heavy infantry specialized in melee combat. The group developed a reputation for tank busting in the second war for Hadron City. Maja's leadership and combat prowess earned Imperator's personal attention and she was made the commander of his new honor guard. The Shield Maidens, a group of warrior women that Valkyrie handpicked herself.

When Dr. Impossible and Imperator vanished so too did the mightiest of Imperator's war machines, and many of her servants. Valkyrie was among The Vanished. Recently she, literally, fell from the sky in Ward 3. A conflict with Stronghold ensued, with a near dead Valkyrie being rescued by Iona and Ascendant Gonzalez. After being cured of her near fatal injuries by a bleeding edge experimental medical procedure pioneered by Iona, Valkyrie was made whole again. For the time being she is based out of their jointly operated HQ.
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

As long as you allow it, Valkyrie is going to hang out at your HQ and assist training recruits and perhaps soe other endeavors. She's being added to the Support Cast. I also edited Tilly's entry a little. Mainly adding a blurb about her evolving role in your operations.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was going to have Diego go with the base expansion type thing, but it stuck me 50k people in an underground base in the time available seems a bit unfeasible unless I am missing something Diego would know.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Mundane means won't be fast enough. Null has access to Imperator-tech ... and Peter Ezima. If you want to use a Favor to ask Null for help rapidly expanding the underground base that can happen. You could undertake a mission to try to reclaim some Imperator-tech that would help. You have a lot on your plate already though.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I meant to get a post up last night, but sickness spreading through the Dent household had other plans. I am going to write up, subject to change, doing the front organization with a mission being undertaken to disable the chipping plan or delay it. Maybe tie it into Jaguar negotiation for the heart, but not 100% sure on that bit
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I could have sworn Diego told Iona about the chipping and major threat to wipe out imperators remaing forces. Info comes so fast this game and I have periods of being distracted by life events so I know I forget to relay ic things sometimes. The chipping and big threat is something Diego probably would have mentioned.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That's up to you. It can have been done is passing and doesn't actually need to have been actively posted. Getting confirmation one way or the other, and indicating that Diego should talk to Iona about it now, is partially what I and Tilly were indicating with that question.

Sometimes Diego keeps things to himself.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep he does. I'll put a note he gave the pass down to Iona in an off panel sync up for base wide things.

Last few days I've been hit hard with a big. Better today, so plan to get a post up tonight.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I've been playing Iona as if she is unaware of the plans Stronghold has against Imperators Forces (regarding the chipping).
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For future clarity in the event I forget to have Diego initiate an info dump. Things regarding Diegos spy network, Ascendants, his plans to counter Sokolovs influence, or purely Imperator forces info(ie the base they had in Nevada) Diego would keep to himself. Threats to the base operations, not from Sokolov, would fall under info Diego would share. In addition, the increasing security in the city is something he would have shared while dropping off victims if only to use the truth to gain him more capital against Iona.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sounds reasonable. Iona feels quite in debt to Diego at this point. There are limits to what she would do for him, but right now she feels fairly obligated to aid him in whatever personal goals he has.