[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent, where do you see Diego? Is he going to loiter outside the building while watching Aiden? Is he inside the theater? If the latter, then nothing changes. If Diego is hanging out outside, he's going to stand out. No one is loitering outside the theater or the parkinglot.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The thought was he was mingling in the street or at a place with a good view. If Aiden was let in, he'd proceed in or try to
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If you are mingling with random people outside on the street, you should describe that. However, unless you follow Aiden inside you are not going to have a good view of what is going on. The view inside from the glass door is narrow. You see Aiden, the front desk, and guy standing behind it. That's it. IF anyone moves a few feet right or left, you loose sight of them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Copy. Diego for his ic post up already, so not going to edit it
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I have an early morning, so will get Diegos post up tomorrow.

For attire, Diego would have shifted into something that fit the area and while not being rich looking still for the form he took in the back seat of the car, not that it has an immediate impact, but just in case.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Given John's realization about how the car stands out, is it nighttime? He can at least explore some option about parking it somewhere that's partially hidden and away from perceptive eyes.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It is ten thirty in the evening.

As a note, there are no convenient allies along the side of the theater with line of sight. The theater is surrounded by road on all four sides. There are allies and other parking lots in near adjacent buildings. This will put John further away from the theater and make seeing the entrance more difficult.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I want to make sure. You are going to wait half an hour for the conclusion of the performance? John is ditching the stolen car and setting up across the street. Diego is loitering outside the theater. Aiden is sitting in a corner of the theater lobby. Do I have that right?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego stepped away because he couldn't hang in the lobby anymore. Also, he had to get back to John. He's not just going to loiter on the street. I just hadn't thought that far ahead of his next step . Probably sneak in through the vents or something outside the theatre.

As for his instructions to John, I am purposeful avoiding saying a detailed course of action. John is not an NPC, so I'd rather not dictate detailed actions to PCs even if they are supporting role. Diego figures the keep a low profile would cover don't just hang out on the street.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Then you are not done maneuvering, and do not plan to just wait out the timer? If that is the case, keep going. I'll interject with a GM post when aproperiate.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diegos next post will bring up his holding action.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:First, is it even possible for John to make it to the car and pull out before the cops reach the vehicle.
By default, no. But I will let you spend 1 HP to edit the scene such that there is enough traffic to slow the police down enough that John has a chance. If he rushes and isn't subtle about it. He'll need to make an Athletics check DC 15 to get there, and a DC 15 Vehicles check for some quick vehicular maneuvering.
Supernaturalist

John's driving skill is directly related to military vehicles as well as motorcycles. Would any portion of those skills be appropriate for civilian automobiles?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Give me some examples of what you see as military vehicles.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:34 pm Give me some examples of what you see as military vehicles.
Humvees, APCs (both tracked and untracked), Tanks, Military Jeeps, CFVs (cavalry fighting vehicles, tracked and non-tracked), Self-propelled artillery and air defense guns. There's probably more, but that's all I can think of immediately.