[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego wouldn't poach from Jaguars. His scoping would be scouting out. I posted here before fully reading you IC post on the 13 people. I didn't get around to removing the post here however.

Diegos plan is to call in the favour especially given the 15 people he had to grab at the heightened risk. He's becoming quite obsessed with getting the heart back now verging on doing exceedingly stupid things for it. How far, I'll tease out as I write since at this poibt all he has to go on is a car drove the heart out of Ward 3, it was in Vegas presumably(or his lack of it caused issues), and now is somewhere else. Given my precoffee state, I might be missing something. His only two non busting heads route to get the heart are super spy stuff or invoking the favor. Just not sure how'd he approach it at this moment.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:He's becoming quite obsessed with getting the heart back now verging on doing exceedingly stupid things for it. How far, I'll tease out as I write since at this poibt all he has to go on is a car drove the heart out of Ward 3, it was in Vegas presumably(or his lack of it caused issues),
Remember what happened before Sylvia and the Eye were united? Admittedly a masked man with power gauntlets had it hooked up to some WW2 era super science machinery at the time too ...

Since you are aiming to call in favors with Iona, we'll wait until Iona's side story is wrapped up. Are there any short scenes you'd like to play out while Supernaturalist is busy? It could even be a flashback.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, I figured the heart was causing mayhem. I somehow doubt the jaguars are trying to use the heart to stop issues though.

AS for the short scene, only thing I can think is Diego talking to Sanders and trying to do damage control. Given my pace of once a day posting though, not sure how far that would get before Supernaturlist gets less busy though.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I should catch a breather tonight. I'll post for Iona this evening/night after I catch up on reading (and absorbing) all the recent posts.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I think a scene with Tilly and Diego is warranted. In fact, I was going to set up such a scene in the near future if you didn't suggest it yourself. Let's run the scene. If Iona needs to pull Diego away, that gives him an escape from Corporal Sander.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Should I continue to post in the EE thread or move things back to the IC thread? Iona is prepared to take her newly refined medical procedure to Valkyrie. But my assumption is that Iona will have to answer for all the damage which has been done. Also, I have added the HP and villain point.
Iona is part of an authoritarian power structure. She is pretty much queen of the castle and doesn't answer to people beneath her. If they don't like what she is doing ... too bad. They can run away, if they want to be branded deserters. They can complain. But they can't actually do anything meaningful to Iona. Diego is getting grilled by Tilly because of their more personal relationship, which he has made an effort to maintain.

As for concerns about Praetor Null, Diego at least is aware that they will tolerate just about any methodology that furthers their agenda so long as it does not compromise their authority or bring undue harm to their people. Iona wasn't experimenting on Null's people and she is conducting research to benefit the cause. While your subordinates are starting to break ranks and run off (this will be mentioned in my next Interludes post for Diego's scene), Null is not likely to take action.

We will continue with Iona in the Interludes thread. What is Iona going to do next? You said she is ready to take the refined procedure to Valkyrie. How is she going to make the presentation? You may edit that into your post if you like.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego is well aware of the morale hit, he even mentioned it as a forewarning to Iona. If he wasn't at the point of obsession, not quite like Gollum for the ring yet, his calculations would be different and he would be all about more building plus his own network building. In the Vegas story, I downplayed the obsession a bit too much almost to having it as an after thought, so bringing it back in now.

As for the unguarded secret tunnel, is Diego aware of it? I can't recall if Iona mentioned the off site base either to him, but am inclined to say yes without going back through the posts yet.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If Iona didn't tell Diego about the secret tunnel, Tilly would have. Any construction on the base will get back to Tilly. Though it is up to Supernaturalist how open with Diego she was about her plans.

Since you bring up Diego's Obsession Complication ... you did play to that. If Diego were operating under his normal cold logic he would have been a lot more careful. Playing into the morale hit he knew was coming because of that obsession warrants a HP. Go ahead and add one to Diego.
Supernaturalist

Concerning the secret tunnel. Yes, Iona would have included letting Diego know (both because he is very high in the command of chain and it would have been very difficult to hide from him anyway).

When I mentioned "answering for the damage", I was thinking of Null (or anyone who acts as an administrator for Null).

I'll add a post this evening where Iona will pitch the new procedure to Major Karlsten again.
Supernaturalist

Slight revision...I'll get that post up in the morning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

After making a meta human, should be interesting to see how Iona can convince Valkyrie to take the treatment.
Supernaturalist

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:32 am After making a meta human, should be interesting to see how Iona can convince Valkyrie to take the treatment.
It's a good thing Iona's nose doesn't grow every time she tells a lie. :lol:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I completely brain farted on the Senerity parallel and I've seen that move half a dozen times.

Edit:

On the topic of basing strategy, while I can speak reasonably well on it in near peer or superior force scenarios, when it comes to insurgent type forces I'm clueless. Hopefully Diego has some idea.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You have 50,000 or so homeless people to house. You have food, weapons, and people to train them. Now they need a place to stay. Some obvious approaches are:
1.) Expand your base to support them. That will take time and Equipment Points.
2.) Ward 3 is a ruined mess that Stronghold has just started working their way back into. Plenty of (unsafe and unsecured) potential lodging is in the area. You would need to claim it and hold onto it somehow.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The plan I am thinking is keeping up the cover and expanding the soup kitchens to work programs and housing for the homeless in various buildings. Maybe something like being a priest or something setting up housing for the less fortunate in previously abandoned buildings. Not sure on the details yet though.