[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

I don't usually telegraph what my pcs think IC in ooc posts, but Diego certainly would vouch for Iona to do the procedure. In for a penny in for a pound sort of thing. That doesn't mean he won't try to use it as more leverage to get Iona to help him. While he doesn't know about the thing going on between Romper and Iona, he does know Iona has his number and if it comes to it her powers are useful.

Plus, there is the whole courtesy to other players. While IC Diego wants Iona to not gain influence and is working to promote Null over Sokolov plus his minions, messing up other players storylines feels off to me.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll get up another post today where Iona continues her effort to sway Valkyrie.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote: If Iona knew that someone at the base could repair it, then she would give Diego the chance to direct Valkyrie to them.
There are people on base that can repair the armor. They don't understand super-science . They can't create new super-science. But they can go through the rote steps of piecing things back together. The combat-drugs it was equipped with won't be resupplied though. You don't have access to those.

Iona also doesn't need to ask Diego for permission. She's in charge of the base as much as Diego is. She can boss the staff around as much as she likes.

As for Peter, you do not have access to him. Requesting the help of an Ascendant would require a point of Null's Favor to be used by Diego.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

That's fine. Iona would not insist under the circumstances that Valkyrie seek Doctor Sokolov's help...yet. If -in the future - Valkyrie wishes to have the performance-enhancing-drugs restored to the suit, then Iona might mention it as a possibility (assuming that Iona herself was incapable of researching and replacing the drugs).
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The combat drugs are pre-established super-science. Iona wouldn't need to spend Dominion on creating it. She could ask Dr. Sokolov for data on it, which would require a Favor. Or, if she had a sample to study, she could recreate it. Just enough for Valkyrie to use. You'd need proper production facilities to mass produce the drugs.

Speaking of Dominion, establishing super-science in the world is a massive endeavor. Her current project is going to take a lot: 64. If she works with Dr. Sokolov on it, sharing her research with him, he will cover half the cost (bringing it down to 32 Dominion). Until you pay that off, Iona will be the only person who can perform the procedure and only by spending a Villain Point.
Supernaturalist

I may be busy this evening. If not, then I can get a post up then. Otherwise, I'll have to get one up tomorrow (probably in the evening). Iona will certainly consider collaborating with Doctor Sokolov on the Regenerative Transfusion. Even 32 Dominion points is a lot. :o
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist, are you good with ending Iona's side story there? I think that is a great picture. Iona sitting at the bedside of the recovering Valkyrie, maybe holding her hand, while on the other side of a nearby curtain is a shriveled human husk. The camera or comic panel having a split screen effect so that we see both as the scene slowly fades to black ...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tonight. Small clarification if Diego would even know is if everyone gets microchipped wouldn't all of Nulls bases be exposed?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If a chipped person enters one of those bases, yes, that base would be compromised. Is Diego going to order his subordinates to let themselves get chipped by Stronghold? If they don't get chipped, they become obvious criminals/enemies of the state. Diego, himself, has not received any instructions. He can always talk to Praetor Null or his fellow Ascendants about it.

Sander is pointing out that homeless people taking up residence in renovated ruins aren't hiding. They can be rounded up and chipped by Stronghold.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The chip thing is another can of worms to open. Assuming the chip stuff goes through without being disrupted in some fashion I imagine this game will get very interesting.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Chen gave you some warning. You had time to look into it more and try to disrupt the process. There is still about a week to go.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was under the impression Null said he was going to deal with it. Might have misread something.
Supernaturalist

Yep. I think that's a good place to end the side story. Will we go back to the IC thread now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:I was under the impression Null said he was going to deal with it. Might have misread something.
You haven't talked to Null for a while. Certainly not after Chen's warning. You may be thinking about Stronghold's ominous plan to finish off the last of Imperator's followers. The Praetor didn't give details on what that was. The preparation you are making are going to be used to preempt that. Null wants to strike in about two months and a week.
Supernaturalist wrote:Yep. I think that's a good place to end the side story. Will we go back to the IC thread now?
We are going to run Diego's side story next. MrDent wanted to get Iona involved in his plans. That will take place in the Interludes thread after he finishes his scene with Tilly.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup there was my mix up. I thought microchipping was the Stronghold plan as it would effectively make movement untracked very hard.