[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

That was without her Attractive bonus as well.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego has only 10 Deception, which is something I need to boost later on. For an Ascendent of deception that is too low in hindsight.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Interesting tactic. Admit to trying to wanting to break free of Sokolov and taking steps to do that. I wasn't expecting that.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego didn't agree to manufacture super science material. Hes still pushing ahead with the drug lab. All Iona said was get the facility up and running. If she wants to do super science material instead, that we control Diego wouldn't have qualms with it so long as she offers him something. His whole objection has been giving Sokolov the facility. Before I post, I want make sure I didn't miss anything.

Also I was under the impression Peter was out of commission.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

mrdent12 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:37 pm Diego didn't agree to manufacture super science material. Hes still pushing ahead with the drug lab. All Iona said was get the facility up and running. If she wants to do super science material instead, that we control Diego wouldn't have qualms with it so long as she offers him something. His whole objection has been giving Sokolov the facility. Before I post, I want make sure I didn't miss anything.

Also I was under the impression Peter was out of commission.
Would it take both of our Dominion points to just manufacture drugs? I guess I thought more was implied from us jointly pitching in our points. But yes...I hope to eventually crank out super-science construction materials. From what I recall, Sokolov even said he would "purchase" stuff we made (and I'm guessing he didn't mean drugs :lol: ).

Anyway I know we're not supposed to have dialogue with Peter since he's an inactive PC, but it just made sense story-wise to tap his knowledge since he should be closer to us than Sokolov. But then again maybe I shouldn't assume that.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

By now, it's fair to say Iona would pick up Diego is willing to deal as long as Sokolov doesn't gain territory or leverage over their domain.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona wrote: If there is no pertinent medical work being done there by the staff, she puts them on notice that access to the lab is “restricted” for the time being. If medical lab-work must be done, then it can be given to Iona to be done while she works alone in the lab
That strategy is going to be untenable for Iona. She can work longer than a normal person, but doesn't have the ability to work any faster. Meaning, she cannot do the work of an entire staff. She'll use up all her time, and still be time debt, doing mundane work that other people could be doing. Bear in mind that when Iona kicks everyone out of the lab and keeps it to herself, it is going to have a negative impact on base operations.

This time, it won't have a big impact, because you won't have much time before the meeting with Zachary.
Supernaturalist wrote: Does Iona think she is capable of attempting the skin-replacement process on her own body (assuming she has a test-subject)? She has performed it twice already at Sokolov's base.
Not with any measure of confidence. Iona has removed skin from people. She did not participate in, or witness, the method Dr. Sokolov used to apply her skin. She could experiment on her own. That would require skin to harvest. You'd need special equipment as well. That's just for experimenting. It doesn't guarantee any degree of success.
Iona wrote:Perhaps Ascendant Ezima could provide us with the engineering advice needed to determine precisely what we need.
You have had no contact with Peter since he left. Nor do you have any information on his actions or whereabouts. If you want to request help from an Ascendant, that would require a point of Null's Favor to be spent.
Supernaturalist wrote:Should I remove the Dominion point given that we have determined which route we're going to take on new manufacturing facility?
MrDent wrote:Diego didn't agree to manufacture super science material. Hes still pushing ahead with the drug lab.
You will have until the end of this IC week to decide. After this next mission. At that point you either start your efforts or you miss the opportunity altogether. Right now, it isn't clear what path you are taking.
Supernaturalist wrote:Would it take both of our Dominion points to just manufacture drugs?
It will take 2 Dominion (large/city wide plausible effect on the world) to get the drug operation up and running.

Getting the super-science construction material (Cermacrete) production running will require 4 Dominion (large/city wide implausible effect on the world) and you will need to go on a mission to acquire special equipment and personnel. These people will have been trained to maintain, repair, and work with this kind of production facility and the Cermacrete being made but have no actual capacity for super-science themselves.

In both cases, some personal involvement is going to be required from your characters. You need to get your hands dirty organizing things.
Supernaturalist wrote:From what I recall, Sokolov even said he would "purchase" stuff we made (and I'm guessing he didn't mean drugs :lol: ).
Dr. Sokolov will purchase ALL of the materials you produce, under the provision that it is EVERYTHING, and he is the ONLY person who retains custody of the produced goods. He wants a monopoly, one way or another. Meaning, you will not be able to use the Cermacrete for yourselves or trade with anyone else.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diegos made his best offer. The facility can go super science or drug lab, Ionas choice so long as it is jointly controlled(managed by Iona if desired) and doesn't grant Sokolov leverage over them. If it goes super science Iona will be expected to help Diego with the heart since he knows the super science route is a fair bit of work. Iona can walk away from it completely holding the phone number card for playing later or get her goal of super science facility.
Supernaturalist

Ok, then it's clear that both our Dominion points are needed for the drugs only. Iona will consent to that. Do we have to have the Dominion points available *before* we go on a mission to acquire the materials and personnel to run the super-science portion of the facility? I'm assuming that Iona will have to wait for her next visit to Sokolov in order to inform him that she and Diego will be directing the operation of the facility.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If we do drug lab and super science that's 6 dominion points between us by my understanding. Iona would need to cash on her bargaining chip for also doing super science.
Supernaturalist

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:44 am If we do drug lab and super science that's 6 dominion points between us by my understanding. Iona would need to cash on her bargaining chip for also doing super science.
Ah so 4 more Dominion beyond the 2 already invested. I'll have to think about what she would do. She already has a lot of "irons in the fire" as it is without much time to devote to private projects dear to her. She may pass on trying to get the factory producing Cermacrete in the near future.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The two aren't invested yet. She could just push for the super science bit and we scrap the drug lab.
Supernaturalist

She would probably feel that equipping the "Liberation Army" is more immediately important that Cermacrete. There's no doubt that she'll eventually want it, but the trade off is probably too great for her to give up the income stream in the short term.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Balls in her court. Once the ic post is edited, Diego will post appropriately.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I edited the last post. Hopefully it works without the need for a re-edit.