[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll hold Diegos post for his first words to Valkyrie until I see how the timing worked out.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Here is the link Diego's solo scene, in Extended Interludes: Broken Wings
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Guys, I put up a post tonight, but for some reason there was a glitch and it was erased without posting. It was a moderately long post too. Ugh!!!..I'll have to post tomorrow.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That is so frustrating Supenaturalist. That use to happen to me on the Ronin Army Forums. I got in the habit of typing up my post elsewhere. Then copy and pasting it.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:28 pm That is so frustrating Supenaturalist. That use to happen to me on the Ronin Army Forums. I got in the habit of typing up my post elsewhere. Then copy and pasting it.
Yes, from hence forth I'm just going to type my post in Word and transfer it into the Forum website when it's done. I do have a question about treating Valkyrie. Does Iona have any experimental treatments that she could offer The Major that could help the damage to her skeleton mend at an accelerated rate?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tommorrow. Bit worn out from the day and have an early start.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Does Iona have any experimental treatments that she could offer The Major that could help the damage to her skeleton mend at an accelerated rate?
Iona needs to dedicate time and Dominion towards developing new technologies/super science. She herself does not have access to Hardon-tech or Imperator-tech. Though Iona could call in a Favor with Dr. Sokolov to use some of his. If she had a Favor to spend.

In the last mission I allowed a 1 off use of experimental technology with the expenditure of a Villian Point. I would allow that in the future. But it has to be a Villian Point. You have to lean into the bad guy role in a meaningful way to earn one. Not freedom fighter rebel fighting for utopia, but actually villainous.

You could also go on a mission to try to acquire some Hadron-tech. Right now you two have the wheel on the story and get to decide what kind of mission or personal endeavors you persue.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supernaturalist

Ok, thanks. I just got home and it's late here. I'll get a post up tomorrow by lunch EST.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent, if you're good with it, we'll end Diego's solo scene with Valkyrie in the Extended Interludes thread.
Supernaturalist wrote:I'm interested in pursuing the whole "villian" angle for acquiring advanced medicine. Could Iona use her time to start developing some lines of research devoted to such things? I know she does not have the pps to devote towards it now, but that could be next on her list of projects.
We can do a scene where Iona gets into evil doctor/scientist mode. That'll earn you a villain point, which you could spend on an experimental (one off) procedure for Valkyrie. The scene would be more of a snapshot. A glimpse into the work Iona is doing, or a breakthrough/eureka moment. Because science takes time to develope.

In order to establish this new super science thing that Iona comes up with as a part of the game world, permanently and not just a one off experimental procedure, you will need to invest Dominion in doing so. That can be done later, and this jumping off point with Valkyrie would be a good foundation for explaining it.

If you want to give me a basic idea of what you're aiming to do in PMs, we can then start a solo scene for Iona in the Extended Interludes thread.
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm good ending the solo scene. Diego just has one more question he can bring up after Iona leaves and he goes to inform null if he doesn't know already
Supernaturalist

Ok, Sakuro, I PMed you regarding a possible "inspiration" for Iona's future research into super-science, medicinal drugs.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I ran it through Google translate, but would Diego understand the Norwegian Valkyrie spoke?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Make a Linguistics check, DC 15. If you pass it, he'll understand.

There are other hints too. The video footage of Valkyrie attacking the Stronghold patrol. He understands what she said there. What she said about Imperator's body ... and it being for the machine, not him.
Supernaturalist

I sent a PM about posting in the IC or EE thread. I have an idea for both the origin of the medical research as well as the medical procedure itself. One thing that will be necessary for the procedure are healthy, fit human bodies. If The Major agrees to the procedure and it is effective, then the treatment can be extended to injured bas personnel, and the need for said human bodies will greatly increase.