[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

They'd still get into the cop car and carjack someone. What Diego says over the radio and how he approaches the car jacking will differ. The driver of the car taken will still die
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, Iona is willing to try some sort of distraction. But the more I think about it, Iona would not attempt it unless she felt she has some way of "breaking" observation/contact with her pursuers. She's smart enough to know that engaging military forces in the open desert offers no escape route. Would it be a better idea to simply move off around the outskirts of Vegas, ready to move into the sewer system or underground area if things get hot? Of course the issue then is the fact that Iona has no idea where she is going, but that bridge would have to be crossed later.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pmOk, Iona is willing to try some sort of distraction. But the more I think about it, Iona would not attempt it unless she felt she has some way of "breaking" observation/contact with her pursuers. She's smart enough to know that engaging military forces in the open desert offers no escape route. Would it be a better idea to simply move off around the outskirts of Vegas, ready to move into the sewer system or underground area if things get hot? Of course the issue then is the fact that Iona has no idea where she is going, but that bridge would have to be crossed later.
She may be smart but that doesn't mean she can't be wrong about something. She might think she has an easy way to escape pursuit, even if it's not true. It's your character, and you need to decide how you want to play them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll echo kenseido and reiterate my previous remarks. Just because Diego suggests something does not mean the PC needs to say yes blindly. Diego would likely be annoyed and have a different attitude, but not to the point of lessening enjoyment for the player. Iona can also ask Diego of a possible escape option if things go south.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Ok, Iona is willing to try some sort of distraction.
You've made your decision. I'm locking that in. No more waffling on the topic.
Supernaturalist wrote:Would it be a better ...
In general the OOC should not be used for planning IC actions unless the players are having serious coordination issues and it is causing them real stress or confusion. Unless that is the case ... Iona is your character. This is her obstacle to overcome. I am not going help you plan her actions. Kensiedo and MrDent should not either.

Your last actions for Iona have her heading away from the city. She can change her mind but that is where we are now. It isn't going to be retconned.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I added a line in Diegos post for disabling and wiping cameras I thought.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Diego specifically had Aiden disable the camera in the car in his post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

A little ways from the battle site and away from prying eyes, Diego pulled into an out of the way area and motioned to Aidan to disable the dashboard cam wiping any footage plus gps, if it wouldn't take too long. No use being tracked. Once done, they hit the road agai
It said dash board, it maybe some other cama I didn't call out. My knowledge.of.cams on cop cars is minimal.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Did you edit that in after posting? I do not remember reading that and only read the post shortly after it was initially made. Either way, I overlooked it. I'll remove the Diego section from my post. The Intellect check was meant for remembering the camera. You may proceed with your planned actions.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I remember reading it first time I read the post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Should have been in the first posting if not edited immediately after first post as I do sometimes to fix typos.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Then I apologize for the oversight.

You're at the motel now. There are some Latino gang bangers watching the place. It is more active/populated than it was earlier in the day. Iona is off providing her distraction for the group. No police or military are swarming you. What is the next move for Diego, John and Aiden?
Supernaturalist

Diego gave Iona a mobile phone before she took off. Is that in addition to the burner phone she already had? Finally, can she be tracked by it?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I wasn't sure if Iona had a mobile at the time so included it for safety sake. Speaking in terms of real world knowledge, any mobile regardless of sw saying GPS is on or off can be tracked. Even when off if battery is in.
Supernaturalist

mrdent12 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:08 pm I wasn't sure if Iona had a mobile at the time so included it for safety sake. Speaking in terms of real world knowledge, any mobile regardless of sw saying GPS is on or off can be tracked. Even when off if battery is in.
So if the batteries were out, then it could not return any sort of ping to be tracked?