[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by kenseido »

I should be ready to move forward tomorrow. It's a Federal Holiday in the US, so I don't expect everyone to be ready to go.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Given the direction of the fire, does Diego figure a location he can go to have some cover and still being able to do mass damage against the force he did damage to previous?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego could go under vehicles. That would give him good cover, and given his fluid-form, he wouldn't suffer any meaningful penalty.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I put up a post for John right as combat began. I thought he was presently hand-cuffed with a knee in his back. So, I didn't think he could try anything without a huge risk of being shot (with little chance to fight back). As it stands, he will not antagonize any nearby soldiers unless he sees an incredibly likely chance to take one down. Even then, he is concerned about a sniper or unobserved rifleman shooting him, so it's safe to say that he is in passive, observer mode right now.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I think the point is he is going to get blasted by Iona's attack if he just stays there.
Supernaturalist

kenseido wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:22 pm I think the point is he is going to get blasted by Iona's attack if he just stays there.
Ah!...thanks!...I haven't had my morning coffee (and my brain isn't fully functional). Iona will make sure to discharge her "static field" after she has moved away from John towards the hill. She is aware of John and will not activate the power with him in the increased radius. I should have mentioned that in Iona's last post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am glad that was clarified since Diego would have been caught in it as well poasobly
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent was right. I was giving you an opportunity to get John clear of the fighting happening around him. Namely Iona's big AoE that could kill him.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Who damaged the force by the Impala?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

They failed a Morale check after missing Iona. They weren't physically damaged, but they lost group cohesion and frozen up unable to cope with what is going on around them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I had something to handle last night. I'll get Diegos next attack up tonight.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

My Internet took a nose dive at home and I posts via my phone is rough, so I'll get Diegos post up tomorrow. His actions shouldn't be a surprise though.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I recently acquired a smartphone and have discovered how troublesome texting can be. Let alone sending links and formatting posts. If trouble persists, don't worry about the formatting and link. One of us can roll for Diego if need be, and you can edit for formatting later on to tidy things up.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona's Character Sheet wrote:…AE: “Ionized Field” – Burst Area Damage 10, [Extras: Penetrating 4] (1pt.)
This is enough to hit the five people on Iona's side of the Impala. Do you really want to perform a Power Stunt?
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 am
Iona's Character Sheet wrote:…AE: “Ionized Field” – Burst Area Damage 10, [Extras: Penetrating 4] (1pt.)
This is enough to hit the five people on Iona's side of the Impala. Do you really want to perform a Power Stunt?
Well, I wasn't sure how much AoE I would need to target groups of soldiers in the hill-area. Are you saying that I can use the smaller (but more powerful AoE) to get the 5 soldiers near the Impala, but then switch to the larger AoE when attacking those in the hill-area? If so, then yes I'll use the normal "Ionized Field" effect to target those near our car.

Another question: If I did keep the larger AoE, would I have it as an option for the entire scene? The reason is ask is that I was concerned that a 30' radius would not be enough to effectively damage a large body of soldiers if they were spread out. I wasn't sure if it was wise to have an option available to hit groups that might be more spread out.