IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

Aldan took a moment to sheath his weapons. He starts patting down the old priest's body looking for valuables, removing Holy symbols, and anything that might lead them more directly to the lair Abramo mentioned.

"Someone correct me if I'm wrong but do the dimensions seem off? Isn't this building rectangular?" Aldan asks while he works sparing a glance to the wall behind him.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica moves away from the others, retching in the hallway quietly.

The body of the old priest is quickly searched but reveals very little that you didn't already know.
mace, chain mail in a recoverable state, shield in good condition, potion of superior healing, and a potion of growth.
The most interesting thing is a amulet he was wearing which appears to be made of stone and very poorly carved into the likeness of a snake.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan hands the superior healing to Tyragorn and the growth to Zasio but he seems unconcerned if those are their final destinations. He looks at the stone amulet as if he could peer the secrets out of it. He could not. He pockets the thing but looking for a snake-shaped engraving to his mental list. Toward that end, he moves the table/altar from the Eastern wall. "Guys, there's possible a hidden door here or in that library we saw in the beginning, there's an off chance, but possible that its instead from that room where the goblins were staying. Please, spread out and look... maybe for a vaguely snake-shaped depression." he asks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

When the evil priest fell, Tyragorn stood over and him glared, making sure it wasn't a trick. He blanched when Aldan started searching the body. He would have preferred to wait for the stench of evil to subside before disturbing the corpse.

Tyragorn shrugged at Aldan's question. "I don't remember. Maybe the ground floor is different. Let's take a moment to rest before rushing off."

"Jessica, are you all right?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica holds her stomach, looking embarrassed.

"Sorry it's just... I've never killed another person before," She says, looking quite pale.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan's lips were thin. He knew Sister Bright was in a bad way; he heard the sick up. He also knew he wasn't the best to offer emotional support. He continued his searching.
Perception: 1d20+4 19
Perception: 1d20+4 9
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

"We all feel that way the first time. But don't fear for your soul. That man was worse than the monsters we fought and we had no other choice." Tyragorn guided the cleric back to the goblin room, away from the evil priest. "Let's have a look around and not think about it too much."
Perception check: 2#1d20+2 13 14
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"If we don't find anything here," Aldan says to Zasio and Georgia, "then we should try the library, I didn't inspect that back shelf very closely. We might find a book out of place or that's been handled more than the others." he says after Jessica and Tyragorn leave the room.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler

Perception check with advantage: 2#1d20+2: 2 # 4 [1d20=2] 16 [1d20=14]
Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:49 am Jessica holds her stomach, looking embarrassed.

"Sorry it's just... I've never killed another person before," She says, looking quite pale.
"Aw, darlin its alright." Georgia takes a moment to comfort Jessica. Casting Prestidigitation to clean up any traces of vomit off the cleric. "It ain't the same killing a person, even bad person, as fighting a beastie or monster. my folks made sure I knew that before I left home. We've been trying to keep things non-lethal with this crazy cultists for a reason. Don't you worry, you take as long as you need sugar."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I know," Jessica says to Tyragorn, "It's just... in my head I know it was just, but in my heart..."

She looks down.

She gives Georgia a small smile and whispers, "Thank you."

She reaches out and gives the teifling's hand a grateful squeeze before forcing herself to go back to help search the room.

A quick search of the room reveals that the chest contains only torn scraps of rags and the shattered remains of an ivory statue. The faint sound something impacting on metal coming from the east wall. Eventually a hidden door is found under one of the ripped up tapestries, looking much like the ones you encountered earlier with the goblins. However the door is locked in place and won't open.
It takes a while of searching before Aldan finds a hidden switch which causes the hidden door to swing open.

This large room is dirty and unkempt, with shards of rock lying around four crude granite statues standing about the room in haphazard locations. In the southeast corner is a polished jade figure of a snake with a female human head that is set apart from the other statues by its obviously superior crafting and material. Near it, a small cage with iron bars holds the haggard figure of a beautiful young woman clothed in tattered rags. In her hands is a small tin cup which she was beating against the bars. Upon seeing you she huddles against the far side of the cage, wide eyed and shaking.

In addition, two brass-bound chests sit next to the east wall.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Zasio, I think Tyragorn and Sister Bright went to the goblin room. Could you get them please? Georgia..." Aldan nods to the caged woman.

The young elf himself goes to inspect the jade statue to determine anything about the creature represented.
Any knowledge: 1d20+1 3
...but can't really make sense of it.

Instead he'll search the statue and the area around it for any secret compartments.
Perception: 1d20+4 7
or if investigation would help:
Investigation: 1d20+5 8 uhg.
But probably gets no where with that either.
stavaros_the_arcane

Arkrite wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:14 am "I know," Jessica says to Tyragorn, "It's just... in my head I know it was just, but in my heart..."

She looks down.

She gives Georgia a small smile and whispers, "Thank you."

She reaches out and gives the teifling's hand a grateful squeeze before forcing herself to go back to help search the room.
"Any time Jess. Any time." Georgia replied.
Arkrite wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:14 am This large room is dirty and unkempt, with shards of rock lying around four crude granite statues standing about the room in haphazard locations. In the southeast corner is a polished jade figure of a snake with a female human head that is set apart from the other statues by its obviously superior crafting and material. Near it, a small cage with iron bars holds the haggard figure of a beautiful young woman clothed in tattered rags. In her hands is a small tin cup which she was beating against the bars. Upon seeing you she huddles against the far side of the cage, wide eyed and shaking.

In addition, two brass-bound chests sit next to the east wall.
At Aldan's gesture Georgia goes for the cage lock, immediately pulling out her thieves tools and getting to work picking.

"Don't you worry miss I'll have this open for you in two shakes of a lamb's tail." She said in her most soothing, friendly voice. "My name is Georgia, my friends and I will get you out of here. What's your name, honey?"

OOC: Sleight of hands to pick the lock 1d20+5: 12
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)
"Zasio, I think Tyragorn and Sister Bright went to the goblin room. Could you get them please?
The ranger nods as he moves to do as asked, his eyes scanning the area looking for any signs of more hidden doors or traps.

OOC wrote:Perception Check: _: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24, well that's surprising & probably not going to turn up anything overly useful.... :lol:
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Aldan's search brings him to the jade statue. It's a very well carved work, showing a great deal of skill, with different colours of jade worked in seamlessly, and in the dim light from your torches and lanterns the jade seems to swirl and shimmer.
If there was a way of getting it out in a whole state it would likely be worth thousands of gold coins. How one would get the heavy and fragile statue out safely would be a serious endeavor of time, effort and manpower.

Aldan's investigation comes up empty, even though he gets the feeling he's definitely on to something. Zasio's keen eyes spot the telltale edges of yet another secret door. This one beneath Aldan's feet as the man searched behind the statue.

The door, thankfully, isn't a trap but simply a method of dropping down from the floor above to the floor below, with the door opening upwards into the room you're currently in.
It appears that Abramo had an escape route, and had not been as trapped as he appeared. Had he lasted longer it might have been possible he would have ran for it.

The young girl gave Georgia a wide eyed stare, clutching the cup like tiny mace, but slowly nods.
As the teifling pops the lock open the girl says, "My name is Cirilli. Cirilli Finla."

She slowly looks around, and in a quiet hopeful tone asks, "You're not with them, are you?"
stavaros_the_arcane

Arkrite wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:55 pm The young girl gave Georgia a wide eyed stare, clutching the cup like tiny mace, but slowly nods.
As the teifling pops the lock open the girl says, "My name is Cirilli. Cirilli Finla."

She slowly looks around, and in a quiet hopeful tone asks, "You're not with them, are you?"
"The crazy cult to whatever the hell that ugly thing is that took this place over?" Georgia asked gesturing to the statue. "Nope, we most assuredly are not with them. In fact Cirilli, they are probably going to be rather miffed at us for breaking in here and killing their head fake priest. We can add getting you safely out of here onto the list."

Georgia opens the cell door and steps back to give Cirilli unobstructed access out of her cell. "So consider yourself as good as rescued Cirilli. We'll probably have a mess of questions for you about these nasty cultists but that can wait for the moment. If you'd feel more comfortable I can scrounge up a spare weapon with a bit more oomph than that cup. If you don't mind me casting a little spell on you I can clean you up a bit as well."