IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

Aldan, who had wandered back to the jade statue (somewhat longingly), looks down, taps his foot a few times, then says a few choice words in Elvish.

He'll open it experimentally both looking and listening at the room below.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

The hatch opens up directly above Misha's room downstairs. Dropping down wouldn't be hard to do, but getting back up would require assistance. The room hasn't changed since you left it before.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

Tyragorn's eyes opened wide. "You know Ailla? What's happened to her? Do you know where she is?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"What happened to her?" Cirilli looks confused then alarmed, "Is she gone? Did they take her?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan makes sure to secure his things and signals for people to talk quietly. He'll flip down so he's hanging on from the lip of the trapdoor then drops as quietly as he can into the bedroom. He tries not to dwell on the notion that the old head priest had a secret way to both look in and access his much younger, female subordinate's bedchamber.

He stops and listens trying to determine if the groundskeeper and townfolk had busted through the front door yet [probably] and/or through the spiked door to misha's antecamber [the room just to the left I think] where they secured the bound, blindfolded, and gagged priestess and defeated acolytes [maybe, maybe not].
if needed, Perception: 1d20+4 18
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The prisoners are still tied up, and you can hear chopping at the front doors.
The chopping stops for a moment and you hear somebody yell that they can almost fit through, before another person yells at them to get out of the way lest he get hit with the axe.
The chopping resumes momentarily.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan purses his lips. He expected the men to be through the door by now, further into the temple, then his group can slip out behind them. Aldan held a finger to his lips to indicate to those above that they needed silence and waved for them to come down. "Ask Cirilli if there's another way out of the Temple besides the front doors." he whispers up to them.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"There are no other doors," Cirilli whispers back, "Just those big ones in the front."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn followed Aldan down the hole. "Those must be people from the village. We don't have to fear them. Cirilli, you can tell them who we are and what happened here." He held his arms up and indicated to the rescued prisoner that he would help her down.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"You weren't there when our new friend talked of the possession of her family. Whatever voice in their head will render them immune to even your words of persuasion, Sir Knight. Let's make sure there's nothing to indicate we're here, hope they pass this door by then quietly try to slip out the front. It's the best way to avoid unpleasantness." Aldan says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"All right. I hope with Abramo dead, the spell will be gone but we can let them pass for now."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Cirilli shakes her head, "It wasn't- him, Mister Tyragorn. The snake monster Had him under her spell too."

She shivers and steps closer to Georia, "If they're under her spell, it won't matter what I tell them, Mister Tyragron. My own family rode back with me, they all knew I was here. None of them- They didn't come. They didn't say a word."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"So everyone, quiet please." Aldan whispers to carry to the group. "The door is secured, they'll find evidence we went upstairs and it'll take time for them to get through the spiking there, especially since that's an incline."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:55 am Cirilli shakes her head, "It wasn't- him, Mister Tyragorn. The snake monster Had him under her spell too."

She shivers and steps closer to Georia, "If they're under her spell, it won't matter what I tell them, Mister Tyragron. My own family rode back with me, they all knew I was here. None of them- They didn't come. They didn't say a word."
"Spell or no spell, we won't let them get a hold of you again. That's a promise." Georgia says. "We hope to do so with as little violence as possible...but I'm in a less than forgiving mood."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:49 am Aldan

"So everyone, quiet please." Aldan whispers to carry to the group. "The door is secured, they'll find evidence we went upstairs and it'll take time for them to get through the spiking there, especially since that's an incline."

"Set them chasing their own tails, and then sneak out the front? Clever."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

In the moments before they get through, Aldan will exit Misha's bedchambers into the statue hallway. At the northmost corner of that hallway he'll set a 10 ft square of Ball Bearings, it'll be obvious on the ground but that's what he wants - signs of passage that they went that way and to foster the assumption they'd left tracks in their wake. He'll likewise leave the door into the hallway from the main room slightly ajar. He'll make sure the doors to Misha's bedchambers are locked behind him when he returns.
Back in the SouthEastern rooms, lamenting the sacrifice but knowing they had dogs with them, Aldan opens the bottle of wine he'd gotten from Abramo's upstairs meeting chambers, soaks some of Misha's spare clothes with it and sets it at the door jam to cover any scents coming from the room so the dogs will not know these rooms contain intruders and prisoners.

Those are the preparations he can think to make.