Baldurs Gate 3

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
catsi563

Baldurs Gate 3

Post by catsi563 »

So ive been watching playthroughs of this one and its AMAZING,

Im normally highly reluctant to buy a game for full price but this may very well be the exception to that rule for me

the customization, beautiful story, incredible means of converting D&D 5th ed rules to game format all of it has created a trully A+ game worth every penny

Ill plan to purchase it soon and begin a full playthrough

have you played? and if so whats your favorite characters? romances? action scenes? builds? etc etc
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Supernaturalist

Re: Baldurs Gate 3

Post by Supernaturalist »

I have 10 (yes 10!) different parties that are currently winding their way through the different story lines. The reason I have so many is that I like to try different party compositions and engage the different story-lines.

To my surprise the one I've gone the farthest on is the "evil" story line. I have a Drow Monk (Way of the Shadow) and he has teamed up with Minthara (his girlfriend, at present) in order to seek power at slmost all costs. :evil:
Shock

Post by Shock »

Baldur's Gate 3 is a top 5 RPG of all time. Characterization is voice-acting is incredible. Tiny details abound everywhere. Choices matter. And you can play with friends. I'm currently running an evil playthrough with a friend and it's a blast.

I was skeptical that it was going to be worth getting at full price but this is one of the rare games that is worth it.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:30 pm Baldur's Gate 3 is a top 5 RPG of all time. Characterization is voice-acting is incredible. Tiny details abound everywhere. Choices matter. And you can play with friends. I'm currently running an evil playthrough with a friend and it's a blast.

I was skeptical that it was going to be worth getting at full price but this is one of the rare games that is worth it.
yeah im generally skeptical of getting a game at full price but this one seems well worth it and im working towards doing so. Heck I may hold off until they release the physical copy because ima collector like that :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

neat BG3 apparently swept all the awards it was up for. even the developers were shocked

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

And Im now in BG3 got it on the steam winter sale and am slowly working my way through with a fighter

Catsi stories
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

I love this game. been playing a 3 player multi-player of it and it's amazing.

Also, last night we got Minsc and Boo in the camp.

been playing a Pally for this run. You need to be very careful because early on there are many ways to break your oath, so natural gamer instincts need to be curbed a bit. but it's a great time.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Yeah im finding out the hard way too you cant just let events go after you start them and work your way back. lost the guys in the gnoll cave and the people at waukeens rest because i didnt immediately go in after triggering the events

Catsi stories
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

oh yeah, some things have a timer set to them.

Word of advice.
Clear out the goblin camp, get the way point for the Underdark, THEN go work on the Githyanki Creche. You can return and do the Underdark after.
It's not an either Underdark or Mountain Pass thing. As long as you don't go into the shadowlands you can do both.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah i just finished khaga and the druids was debating whether to go goblin camp or gith creche next
Spoiler
also need to go down and take care of auntie before she eats maryina

Catsi stories
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

My usual flight path is :
Spoiler
Nautiloid, beach, rescue Shadowheart, Astarion, Gale and Lae'zel in that order, then temple and get Withers, then Grove, rescue Sazza. Then go to the Owlbear cave and meet mom. Leave and go get Scratch. Then Blighted Village, the cave under the apothecary, the Blacksmiths place, the the barn. Cross the bridge deal meet Raphel. Go right and fight the first Gnolls. Go to the toll house and meet the paladins of Tyr, go get Karlach, come back and kill the paladins. go the back way into the cave and fight the remaining Gnolls. Head to Waukeen's rest, rescue people, meet the zhentum underneath it, find the OTHER entrance to the Underdark. Come back up and go from Waukeen's Rest to see the Githyanki at the bridge and do that interaction. Head back to blighted village and go to the swamp and deal with Aunty Ethel. Stay in swamp and find the dirt on Kaga. Go back to the Grove and deal with her. Go to the blighted Village and head to the Goblin camp infiltrate and eradicate it (poison the beer it's easier then), should be able to free the baby Owlbear (if you do it right he'll join your camp later). Go down to the old Selunite temple and get the way point. Then go do the Creche and get the Light of Lathander. Head back to the underdark and run all that. Then on to Act 2 and the Shadowlands.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Spoiler
well ive done it all different then because i freighttrained ethel so fast she didnt even have time to offer her gift, the goblin camp is cleared on the outside inside next the gith are next and then the underdark

Suprised you freed sazza though with clearing the goblin camp i imagine its not as big a deal

Catsi stories
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:31 pm
Spoiler
well ive done it all different then because i freighttrained ethel so fast she didnt even have time to offer her gift, the goblin camp is cleared on the outside inside next the gith are next and then the underdark

Suprised you freed sazza though with clearing the goblin camp i imagine its not as big a deal
Spoiler
Sazza is just another quest you can get xp from basically. you freed her, sneak out the Grove and kill some more goblins, then meet her in the Goblin camp, follow her to Minthara, kill her there alongside Minthara.

My big thing for all of it was getting the Owlbear cub and Scratch in my camp. The Owlbear cub comes into play in Act 3. And Scratch is the bestest boy.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Scratch is def best boy and Im pretty sure i got the owlbear may be a long rest of two before he shows up though

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

bulldozed act 1 finally

and just finished or working on finishing act 2 on to 3 soon

Catsi stories