The Marvels aka One of the most entertaining Marvel movies ever

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
catsi563

The Marvels aka One of the most entertaining Marvel movies ever

Post by catsi563 »

THIS WAS AWESOME!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I dont know what people are complaining about it had everything i wanted in an action comic movie. Action Drama, real stakes. and some good clean fun

It also did a great job tying both Kamalas story into the movie with her finally meeting her idol and a new friend, and at the mid credits scene another new friend (spoilers) including making use of her active imagination

It let Carol go full circle a bit and had an amazing end credits scene or should i say an uncanny one?

And while i wont spoinl the actual scene it has what i personally 200 percent consider THE FRREAKING FUNNIEST scene in the ENTIRETY of the marvel cinematic universe. Gods i was in tears and nearly died laughing it was so funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All told the Marvels was well worth the money and an entertaining film

only real issues it had imo needed another 5-10 minutes run time, to tie one loose end together lets just say theyre fighting to save a world and we never see what happened to it in the end. But thats really it a few extra minutes here and there to do some clean up couldnt hurt the story any

So in conclusion go see the Marvels it grade A fun :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Commander Titan

Re: The Marvels aka One of the most entertaining Marvel movies ever

Post by Commander Titan »

Agree on every point! I was surprised just how entertaining I found it, and the main trio had a lot of good chemistry. I get wanting to have it be a little longer to let some parts cook more, but honestly after so many Marvel and other films have become so bloated, I don’t mind this being shorter at all.
Current Setting Projects:
Davies

Post by Davies »

I thought that scene went on just a little too long -- they didn't have to use all the verses, surely -- but I was laughing uproariously when I realized what was about to happen.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

I'm saddened the lackluster (borderline poor) marketing push from Marvel, combined with an increasingly polarized and reactionary fandom have likely utterly derailed any plans for Disney to promote Captain Marvel & Co. as major players in future films. I haven't seen the film yet, but the Marvels appears to be mostly concerned with being a fun, fast-paced, and perhaps relatively lightweight superhero romp, with clever action sequences and good team chemistry between the three leads. Unfortunately, I do think tying the movie to TWO Disney + streaming shows was a poor choice, as it further locked out movie-goers who aren't enamored of the increasingly burdensome MCU continuity. Also, the "Feige Formula" dearly needs to be broken to freshen up the films; forgettable mirror-image villains and stepping all over dramatic moments with atonal comedic bits are decidedly NOT pulling in patrons to theaters any more.

All my best.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

SAG strike is why they couldn't promote the movie.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Iman Vellani’s performance as Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan is being almost universally praised; she clearly loves playing the role. I do think both she and Monica Rambeau absolutely should be featured in future projects, and hope Brie Larson will remain on as Captain Marvel for at least the near future. Almost hoping word of mouth might boost The Marvels prospects in the next month.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I highly enjoyed the film as well. For once, the climactic fight in an MCU movie looked like it involved actual people instead of a CGI-fest (although I'm sure there was probably a decent amount of CGI doubling to allow for easier superheroic movement). I liked that they gave a reason for the wooden acting in Captain Marvel by Brie Larson, and she shows much more range this time (including her Disney Princess scene). The villain... I was alright by the main villain, but the people who followed her were an odd mix of distinctive and utterly irrelevant. One other thing that I liked in the film, and I know it's kind of an odd call-out, but I liked that Monica and Kamala did not have form-fitting spandex, which worked nicely with that they were not professional heroes (although that did make it a little odder that they were suddenly Olympic-level martial artists during some of the fight scenes). While I watched both Ms. Marvel and Wandavision (I only got one or two episodes into Secret Invasion before I lost interest), I don't feel like there was much lock-out for those who hadn't watched them.

Ultimately, I do agree with a number of critics that this film would have gone over much better if it had been released a few years ago, when people were less fatigued, when VFX studios weren't overloaded, and when people still remembered more details of Captain Marvel.
SHIELD Analyst 44

Post by SHIELD Analyst 44 »

This was amazing!
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

I might give it a look when it comes to Disney if you guys liked it so much. I enjoyed Ms. Marvel. Though I am still skeptical about Brie Larson showing a wide range or her facial muscles moving at all.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Harnos wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:24 pm I might give it a look when it comes to Disney if you guys liked it so much.
Guess what releases there tomorrow. Go on, guess!
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I watched it on the plane and it was fun. There was a lot of issues I noticed with wider MCU tie ins and some plot elements that were questionable, but it was fun.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Davies wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:43 pm
Harnos wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:24 pm I might give it a look when it comes to Disney if you guys liked it so much.
Nope. My account is not based on US, so I might expect few months of delay. :D
Davies

Post by Davies »

Harnos wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:59 am
Ah. My apologies, then.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Davies wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:06 am
Harnos wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:59 am

Ah. My apologies, then.
None needed.