[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip will shake the meaty hand.

"So, some of these things are a gamble but some are known items? Anything you're after, Maxwell?" he asks.

"And will there be any people for sale here?" he asks casually as if it's a natural thing.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Think I might pick up that horn, heard Longhorn lost of his when he was taken down. Save it for him when he's out of the joint." He shrugs, "Otherwise, just browsing to see if anything catches my eye, ehahah. The 'other merchandise' though, not what I'm after. Makes my stomach churn just thinkin' bout it, but that's business sometimes. No offense to you 'n your kin."

He makes a contemplative sound, rubbing the bottom of his scraggly chin. "Did hear they've got a seer or somethin' though, well as a some other wild talents. Not sure I'd ever trust someone with a collar to do their heeby jeebies on me, personally."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: "...flanked by two men and a permanently etched onto her face..." a what etched on her face?)

Kira locks her remote sight on the woman and does not let go.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Frown*
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 0

"It is? Oh my," The hologram looks around at the street, "I'm sorry, I had no idea. I'll move down the block and..."

He looks back, "Oh dear. There's no parking back there anymore."

He frowns, "Oh... well, I guess I have a full tank, I suppose I can just drive around the block until Toby arrives. It's only another fifteen minutes."

He glanced at his wristwatch, "I think."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix and Cheyenne have some mild difficulty finding another spot to park, placing them around a ten minute walk on average. though with both of their advantages of movement they could cut that time down by a clean number, if they didn't care about drawing attention at least.

Within the building Foxy continues to keep her third eye trained on the woman while Philip's rats finally managed to get to the upper levels of the building, where they can fan-out and begin searching for where the auction items were being stored.

Perception check, Philip.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: unseen Huntress

"Come on you two find those people." she says more to herself than anyone else as she resumes her seat next to felix. Shes remains still like a coiled spring just waiting to launch into action
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence > Applied Obfuscation, Hide in Plain Sight, Stealth +12, Concealment (All Visual), Partial Only, Insidious.
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Rat Control

perception: 1d20+12 29
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence > Applied Obfuscation, Hide in Plain Sight, Stealth +12, Concealment (All Visual), Partial Only, Insidious.
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Rat Control

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:45 pm "Think I might pick up that horn, heard Longhorn lost of his when he was taken down. Save it for him when he's out of the joint." He shrugs, "Otherwise, just browsing to see if anything catches my eye, ehahah. The 'other merchandise' though, not what I'm after. Makes my stomach churn just thinkin' bout it, but that's business sometimes. No offense to you 'n your kin."

He makes a contemplative sound, rubbing the bottom of his scraggly chin. "Did hear they've got a seer or somethin' though, well as a some other wild talents. Not sure I'd ever trust someone with a collar to do their heeby jeebies on me, personally."

Phillip waves away any thought of offense. "I'm sure your friend would be thrilled that you were thinking of them."

He produces a business card for his information gathering business. It was little more than a handle and a TOR Onion address to be reached on the Dark Web. "Very cloak-and-dagger I know," the vampire says somewhat apologetically, "but if you need hard-to-find information, or surveillance on a target, I'm available and reasonable rates. The money goes to fund my side projects - street clinics for the downtrodden and others who cannot otherwise go to hospitals."

Using the multitasking skills of an EMT he's texting as he listens to the ogre's response.

To New Mythos Crew: Floor below the main one, spatial layout is funky, found two dozen manacled people, inc. Knight's friend. One other is blind/gagged, w/ enchanted binders, a 'seer', I'm told. Guards: several armed men and huge one with red skin, big nose. Many artifacts too. Old service elevator in back leads down. I can *maybe* arrange a distraction up here but it'd cost us a minotaur horn they have down there.

he sends it off and awaits their reply.

Spoiler
It takes Philip's rats awhile, but eventually they seem to have wormed their way through the grates of an old service elevator and popped out into a large storage area somewhere on the floor just below. There was something about the way it was laid out that made it harder for him to locate than normal, the space didn't seem to exist in the way it should've.

In it, his rats find exactly what he'd been hoping and fearing to discover. The smell of desperation, fear, and despair are almost omnipresent for the vermin interloper. There are no cages to be seen, but men and woman both human and otherwise sit in neat rows on benches with their wrists and ankles bearing manacles. There were maybe two dozen in total, and after some searching one seemed to match the descriptor of the Golem's friend.

All were underguard by several armed men and a large red-skinned man who sported an exceptionally long nose. One in particular however was heavily shackled in iron carved with unfamiliar runes, her eyes blindfolded and her mouth gagged. Something about her seemed familiar to Philip overall. From her ragged clothing, it was possible she was a homeless girl he'd treated in the past.

Beyond just the people that were evidently 'up for sale', his ratss could spot several large metal crates. Some of them were being opened by a bespectacled asian woman, their esoteric and ambiguous magical contents being examined and set aside presumably for the auction. They could, in fact, spot what might've been the horn of a minotaur.

Then there's a flash of movement, his rat just catching a glimpse of red skin, before his connection is severed. The rest of his rats in that area likewise seem to vanish from his senses, leaving the vampire in the dark.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Phillp's card and explanation seem to have come at just the right time. The man, slow as he might've been, finally seemed to start catching on that he'd been doing all the talking here. He makes a contemplative noise, paling the card after giving it a look over. "Certainly seem the more altruistic type eh? Pulling a reversal on the whole 'wolf 'n sheep's clothing' play eh?"
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: unseen Huntress

"He found them lets go." She was suddenly in motion the coiled energy shed been holding unleashed all at once "Service Elevator in the back, your friend is there, and something else."

"Felix free the seer if you can; anyone, they dont want talking is someone I want to hear from."

And with that said she was on the move and heading for the service elevator, her cloak wrapping around her as she faded out of existence becoming one with the world hidden and unseen and virtually silent

Straightforward enough shell go predator and head for the captives prepared to fight whatevers there
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: It'll take Cheyenne a minute to get there, and Felix a fair bit longer without his hoverboard. When you get behind the auction house to search for this apparent service elevator, make an investigation check.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip gives a small smile, slightly sheepish. "I'm... easy to talk to." he says.

"A little of both, maybe." He admits. "A lot of people do need help these days, but vagrants and wounded gang members tend to talk which helps my first business. And procuring bags of replacement blood raises less suspicion when going to clinics. It's a living." he says with a little shrug.

"Speaking of, how would you like to get your hands on the minotaur horn without all this...." Phillip waves a hand about all the auction goers indicating the entire silly process. "maybe at a.... substantial discount?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Persuasion or deception check depending on whether Philip is being honest. You've been doing well with him, the DC might be low.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Not gonna lie to my new friend Persuasion: 1d20+11 22