[IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: [IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh HP:

Of course the 'oh no I said the thing out loud' was something Seven caught on to. She wasn't sure it wasn't Mira was admitting to something, because it almost seemed intentional.

Seven shook her head. "Mira, she tried to open with a confiding tone, "it's fine. We're just trying to do you and Nora's family right." Taking a step forward, she didn't want to invade the girl's space but more of a wordless sign of gaining trust. "Please don't hold information back? Secrets hurt this more than help it."

A look of faux surprise crossed her face with widened eyes and a knowing smile. "Tell you what. We'll do this together if you want. Be our guide? Come on!" Her voice was more friendly than professional. But then again, a lead was a lead no matter how you got it.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [IC] NPC Investigations-Tales From The Junior Associates (Case 1-Nora de Santos)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Princess Fedora

The repeated action with the arm nagged at her. Aparecida stepped off to one side to feign listening to Miguel's reply, and gave a short whistle. Several field mice and a snake poked their heads from the grass.
"Hey, guys, I got a sneaky suspicion about something... This guy keeps scratching at the inside of his elbow and he's really spaced out... find out what you can about what people are saying about a drug... inside of the arm... spacing out. Someone out there is bound to be talking. Now git."

She walked back and, after listened to Miguel's continued mumbled response to Anne, while keeping half an eye on the window to see if they were still being watched.
"I think we have our next stop," she said quietly to Anne, "I think this font of information is pretty dried up."
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont

Manuel actually looked grateful to Anne for asking. “I…I dunno. Mama says I’m sick, but I’m not…” His eyes flicked to Fedora, around the area, and back to Anne. His eyes focused on her to the exclusion of everything else on the street.“Look, don’t tell Mama, okay? I had a problem. I…I got a little too into coke. But I got out.” He was gripping his arm hard enough that he had to be hurting himself. “I got out.” Then he looked vaguely ashamed. “Couldn’t stay out. But Nora…Nora helped me get out again. She said drugs were scary.” He was breathing harder and harder, clearly struggling to speak. “So…I know. I’m not craving.” He was emphatic. “I’m not. But I'm still...” His eyes unfocused again, and started darting all over the street. He actually started rocking slightly. He’d perhaps overdone it, and was starting to shut down. He muttered quietly. “I’m not scared of the street. I’m not scared of the street. It’s the same street it was last week. I’m not scared of the street.”

Bronx Leadership Academy

Mira got a strange, almost dreamlike look on her face. Her voice changed, too. it was like the level of happiness and joy she was currently experiencing got suddenly cranked up to eleven. Her hand idly touched her stomach again. “Nora said I’m not supposed to think about that place anymore. I have to take care of myself better.” She blinked, shook her head (almost a little irritatedly), and the state passed. “Sorry, I just can’t. I promised both of them.”
Last edited by EternalPhoenix on Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
The Phoenixverse 3E Conversions
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh HP: 4

The words obviously made Mira feel a little better, but not enough to spill the beans on the secret. She didn't want to sit here badgering this girl either. Pulling out her phone and poking it a bit, she looked to Mira again. "Hey," she made a nudging motion towards her, "if you wanna talk about it later, we can." Wordless invitations to exchange numbers aside, she was seeing how cool Mira was with her.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Anne casually looked up and down the street. "There's nothing to be afraid of on the street." As she says this, she hits him with a projects calmness into his mind.

(ooc: Emotion control: Calm, Will DC 18, subtle 2 *And I need to modify my character sheet. I misunderstood how this works.*)
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Cecil Mortlake HP: 2

Seeing Mira's state, Cecil felt something was clearly off. There was some sort of strong influence on the girl.

He pulled out his phone and waved it, giving Seven and Mira some distance, and instead sent a text to Anne and Princess Fedora, quickly updating them, asking if they had any more luck (or had noticed anything similar) with Miguel.

Naturally, Cecil took a long time to text, hunting each individual letter.
Current Setting Projects:
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Princess Fedora

Aparecida planned to deliver a stirring speech on being in a tough situation, on finding that inner strength — and relying on the strength of those around you — to not succumb, and to master oneself, when Anne spoke, and Miguel's face seemed to momentarily smooth. Well, perhaps that will help. That was when her phone buzzed and she opened it and read the message.

Huh. No spelling errors, formal grammar, and proper punctuation. This guy is a weirdo. But it looks like they have something similar. She quickly punched out a reply.

Code: Select all

situation similar. strangely afraid. can't tell us anything because he can't think straight. Anne calming him i think.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont

Anne’s powers technically didn’t work, but Manuel managed to find a bit of calm from her words regardless. “Y, you’re right. Gracias.”

It was at this moment that the woman briefly seen in the window earlier appeared in the doorway and opened th door. She did not look very happy to see two attractive women older than her son talking to him. Not at all. “Who are you and why are you bothering my son? He is sick today.”

Bronx Leadership Academy

Mira shrugged. “Sure.” She pulled out her phone, and exchanged numbers with Seven. “Text me if you find her, okay?”
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Are you Miguel's mother?" Anne said, reading her immediately. "We're looking into a missing persons report. Nora de Santos. Your son was one of the last people to see her. We are not the police and your son is not in trouble. We were just hoping he might know something about what Miss de Santos doing before she disappeared."

(ooc: DC 18 Will save vs Mind Reading, just curious if she is also frightened or if she thinks she needs to hide something regarding Nora.)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Princess Fedora

Aparecida let Anne take the lead on the conversation, just listening and trying to fit all of the facts together in her head.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont

Mrs. deCosta’s displeased expression did not alter one iota. She did not like Anne. She did not like Fedora. She did not seem like Nora, either. She seemed to be the kind of person who didn’t like anyone much, honestly. “Manuel is my son, yes. He knows nothing. He has not seen that one and her slut of a friend since yesterday. Go away.”

Bronx Leadership Academy

Hello? A unknown voice appeared in both Seven and Cecil’s heads. Normally I don’t like doing this, but I don’t have your numbers and like hell I’m dealing with Sofia if I don’t have to. Is this Seven Singh and Cecil Mortlake? This is Tessa Mcleod. We’re colleagues at NPC Investigations, and I think we’re working the same case. I can’t quite tell, are Princess Fedora and Anne Ominous with you?

“So…if we’re done here, I gotta get to class.” Mira had not gone back inside yet.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Sorry to have bothered you," Anne says. "Someone may have died is all. No reason for compassion, right? Good day, Ma'am." She turns and walks away assuming Fedora will follow.
Commander Titan

Post by Commander Titan »

Cecil Mortlake HP: 2

"Of course, thank you for your time..." replied Cecil, trying not to act like he was brushing Mira off but not quite sure how to multi-task between speaking aloud and a voice inside his head.

Hello Ms. Mcleod. Ms.'s Fedora and Ominous are elsewhere, but we can bring them up to speed. Is it best to speak, uh... "here" or should we return to the office?

He looked at Seven, and mouthed "you're hearing this too, right?" hoping he didn't seem crazy.
Current Setting Projects:
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Seven Singh HP: 4

Seven was fine to let Mira go back to class, they would talk later, either on the record or off. "Yeah, cool," she waved as Mira left. Though there was the thoughts in her head trying to talk to her. And she wasn't alone in this, her colleague apparently heard it too. "Yeah that's weird, right," she rhetorically answered Cecil with a question.

This is just you talking to us in our head, she mentally asked the voice, you're not digging through our minds, right?
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Streets of Tremont

Mrs. deCosta’s expression did not get better. Not one bit. “People die every day in this city. I am not happy that girl is missing. Her mother must be out of her mind.” She hissed the following. “But my responsibility is to my son.”

Manuel frowned, irritation piercing through his fear. “Mama…”

Mrs. deCosta snapped at him, too. “You shut up! Look what she did to you. You think I am stupid? No. A happy boy on the thirty first, then she brings back a boy scared of his own shadow? Hmph. Go to your room. We go to the clinic tomorrow.”

Manuel slumped. “Yes, Mama.” And with that he went inside.

Bronx Leadership Academy

No, Ms. Singh. Tessa’s mental voice was frosty at the implication. I am not. That would be extremely unethical. A clear mental sigh. Anyway. Returning to the office would be pointless, as I’m in Longwood here in the Bronx. Meet me in The Crossings. I’ll buy you a coffee and we can swap notes. Does that work for you? You’ll have to tell Fedora and Ms. Ominous. I can’t seem to find them. There’s a lot of… She apparently struggled to find a good way to put it. …psychic static is the best way to put it, I think. A lot of it in the Bronx today. And I think I know why.