J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Grail: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Grail: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Mayhaps
Thorpocalypse

Grayven: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I will take my rightful place upon my father's throne on Apokolips. And then the universe will truly tremble. - Grayven

GRAYVEN
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 8; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 7-5
Weight: 700
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black
Skin: Grey
Race: Apokoliptikan
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Church of Universal Truth

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+18), Deception (+5), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 2 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation 5 (+10/+11), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+5), Ranged Combat [Omega Effect] 5 (+10), Stealth (+1/-1), Technology 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Grayven Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
New God Physiology: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 9, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 14 pts
Immortal: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
The Omega Effect Lite: 39 pt Array; 41 pts
Destruction Effect: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Range [50/100/250], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 39 pts
Pain Effect: Ranged Affliction 16 (Cosmic Energy; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Concentration, Extended Range 2 [50/100/250], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]. Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Transformation Effect: Ranged Transform 7 (Anything into Anything else, Extra: Reversible, Homing 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +7
Omega Effect Lite +10 [Omega Effect Lite +16; Omega Effect Lite Pain Affliction +16; Transformation Effect Transform +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +15 (+15 without Defensive Roll, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kyle Rayner.
Motivation: Power and eventually taking over his father's throne as Lord of Apokolips.
Responsibility: To the Universal Church of Truth.
Vulnerable: All of the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 92 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 71 + Defenses 14 = 193 / 193

Build Comments: Grayven is one of Darkseid’s illegitimate children who inherited a lot of his father’s abilities, including his Omega Effect, albeit to a lesser degree. He rumbled with Kyle Rayner a lot in the 90’s, then pretty much disappeared until the Death of the New Gods arch, when he popped up again, only get killed. To my knowledge he hasn't been seen in the New 52/Rebirth.

Secret Origins: Grayven is the third son of Darkseid, born of an unknown mother, younger brother to Kalibak and Orion.

The Story so Far: Grayven leads a campaign of destruction against the cosmos, destroying planets to prove his power and gain the attention of his father, Darkseid. He leads a campaign against the Nova Corps, a galactic police force, killing many of their number. His campaign comes to an end on the planet Rann. He desires a zeta beam device, a product of Rannian science that provides instantaneous transportation on a grand scale. He intends to zeta beam his forces onto Apokolips, announce his presence to his father, and conquer the planet.

While the several Nova Corpsmen engaged Gravyen's army, Nova Richard Rider and Green Lantern Kyle Rayner face off against the man himself. Despite the rivalry between the two Corps and Corpsmen, Richard and Kyle work as a team and Kyle tricks Grayven into a Zeta Beam device, where he is teleported off Rann. Lacking their leader, Grayven's forces retreated. Unknown to Rider, Rayner had inadvertently teleported Grayven deep within Earth's core. He eventually digs himself out, and seeks Rayner in New York City, who is seemingly able to overpower Grayven. Fearing defeat at the Green Lantern's hands, Grayven used an experimental teleporter, freeing himself, and in the process, sending Rayner into the 30th century.

Rayner was able to return to the present with the assistance of the Legion of Super-Heroes and the two have squared off several times since. Nova and Grayven have engaged in battle several times as well. Grayven’s last defeat against Nova came with the assistance of Squirrel Girl, which sent Grayven into a mental tailspin. At his lowest ebbe and considering suicide, he was found by Cardinal Raker and inducted into the Universal Church of Truth where he has risen to a position among The Magus’ most favored, and powerful followers.

Characterization: Grayven is his father’s son. Arrogant, powerful and bent on conquering the cosmos.

Friends and Foes: He has a great hatred of Kyle Rayner and The Lantern Corps in general. He has an nearly equal hatred for Orion, who he sees as his rival for his father’s approval and Richard Rider, who has bested him in battle several times.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Possibly
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Big Barda: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I never lose. - Big Barda

BIG BARDA
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 5; DPL: 13; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 7-0
Weight: 205
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: New God
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Hartford, CT, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; Avengers; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception (+3), Expertise [Warrior] 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Blast] 6 (+10), Stealth 3 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Fast Grab, Favored Foe (Granny Goodness and The Female Furies), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Mega Rod, Unarmed), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Immortal: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Battle Tested: Enhanced Strength 5 (6000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Impervious Tougness 7; 12 pts
Aero Discs: 7 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Flying: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr; Flaw: Platform); 7 pts
Mega Rod: 24 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts); 14 pts
Mega Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
Mega Rod Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 10); 1 pt
Transwarp Drive: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system]); 1 pt
Mega Jump: Leaping 8 (1800 ft); 1 pt

Optional Items:
Apokoliiptic Armor: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 8; 10 pts

Mother Box: 42 pts Traits, Removable (-8 pts); 34 pts
A.I. Feature 2 (A.I. and Apokoliptian Database); 2 pts
Healing: Healing 10; 20 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages, machines, Extra: Affects Others); 12 pts
Boom Tubes: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system], Extra: Portal); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +11 [Mega Rod Strike +15]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +13]
Ranged Attack +4
Blast +10 [Mega Rod Blast +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+10 without Defensive Roll, +4 Impervious, +14 in Armor, +4 Impervious with Armor), Fortitude +12, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Upon her defection from Apokolips, she has been considered a traitor by Granny Goodness and even Darkseid himself.
Motivation: Barda wants to live a normal life on Earth as good housewife, and potential mother, with her husband Scott Free. However, she also feels responsible to use her abilities for the common good.
Relationships: With the love of her life, Scott Free, and she is close to (though it's a generally antagonistic relationship) Scott's manager, Oberon.
Vulnerable: All the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 102 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 38 + Defenses 13 = 186 / 186

Build Comments: I always liked Big Barda and the fact that when Jack Kirby created her, and matched her up with Mister Miracle it was kind of a joke about his relationship with his wife, Roz. Nothing like having an outlet like comics to mess with your spouse.

He also based her appearance on Lainie Kazan, who apparently had just posed in Playboy while he was working on Barda. Many of you might know her as the mom in My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding or some other guest spots on TV shows. Now she’s a matronly Jewish grandmother but Google some pics of her when she was young…geez, she was hot.

Secret Origins: Barda was born of the race of New Gods about 250 years ago, on Apokolips. She is a product of Granny Goodness' Home for Orphaned Youth. Granny's motto is "Die for Darkseid". Granny groomed Barda to one day lead the Female Fury Battalion, a ferocious pack of women warriors.

The Story so Far: However, during a raid Barda met Scott Free, Darkseid's adopted son, and, sensing a peace about him, fell in love. Barda risked her own safety to help Scott escape from Apokolips. Eventually, Barda turns her back on Granny, and comes to Earth herself. Scott had become an escape artist called Mister Miracle, and was teamed with Oberon, his diminutive manager. Scott and Barda were married by Scott's father, the Highfather of New Genesis.

For a number of years, Barda followed Scott and Oberon on tour. Eventually they retired as superheroes and move to Bailey, New Hampshire. However, despite their best attempts, a normal life eludes them. Disasters plagued them; Barda, Scott, and Oberon left Bailey and moved to a loft in Greenwich Village, New York City. Barda formed a defense-training program for women called the New Female Furies.

Though naive regarding Earth customs, Barda relished her roles of wife and housekeeper. However, when duty calls she never hesitates to assume the posture of a warrior, and when Scott joineds the Justice League, Barda participates in several missions. Barda has also served as a member of the JL in her own right: at Takion's order, she and fellow New God Orion were sent as agents of New Genesis to serve on the team as he had predicted that the Earth faced a grave threat. Their mission was to help mobilize Earth's heroes against the omnipotent Mageddon. Once Mageddon was defeated, Barda and Orion resigned from the JL.

Barda accompanies Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to Apokolips to rescue Supergirl from Darkseid's clutches, and accepted an invitation from Oracle to become the heavy-hitter on the Birds of Prey.

Barda and Scott continue to reside in the suburbs of Connecticut and are active adventurers. Barda never hesitates to lend a hand to her friends when her power and expertise are needed.

Characterization: In a reversal of the stereotype associated with female characters at the time of her creation, Barda is physically more powerful than her husband, is more than willing to use her strength in battle, and is very protective of her husband.

Friends and Foes: She and the love of her life, Scott Free, are practically inseparable. She and Oberon have antagonistic relationship, but deep down are very close. She is good friends with Superman, Wonder Woman and Lady Sif, who shares her warrior’s spirit.
Thorpocalypse

Big Barda: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Big Barda: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Big Barda: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Mister Miracle: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ted, if Darkseid gets that equation-- It's the end of man's free will for all time. Unless we-- You, Barda, Oberon, and I-- can make enough people aware of their stake in their own individuality--! It's a dying concept, Ted. Society puts too many pressures, too many demands on people. They're too busy fulfilling others' expectations to question their own needs! - Mister Miracle

MISTER MIRACLE
PL12

OPL: 8; SPL: 12; DPL: 11; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 180
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: New God
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Hartford, CT, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; Avengers

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 7 (+12), Deception 8 (+12) [Taunt], Expertise [Performance] 7 (+12), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+4), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 15 (+22) [Conceal Efforts, Hide Tampering, Second Chance, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Stealth (+7), Technology 7 (+12/+22), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Conceal Efforts*, Defensive Roll (2), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Granny Goodness), Hide Tampering*, Improved Defense, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Second Chance (1) (Sleight of Hand vs. Escape Checks), Skill Mastery (1) (Sleight of Hand), Taunt, Teamwork, Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Sleight of Hand Checks)

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 2 pts
Immortal: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Greatest Escape Artist in the Universe: Enhanced Skills 5 (Technology 10 ranks, Flaw: Limited to picking locks); 3 pts
Aero Discs: 7 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Flying: Flight 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr; Flaw: Platform); 7 pts
Mister Miracle Costume: 6 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Human Fly: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 4 pts

Mother Box: 42 pts Traits, Removable (-8 pts); 34 pts
A.I. Feature 2 (A.I. and Apokoliptian Database); 2 pts
Healing: Healing 10; 20 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages, machines, Extra: Affects Others); 12 pts
Boom Tubes: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3 [Any star system], Extra: Portal); 8 pts

Multi-Cube: 32 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 20 pts
Boxful of Miracles: Variable 4 (20 pts Traits, Technological Descriptor; Extra: Action [Move Action]); 32 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +12

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +9 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Having escaped from Apokolips, he has made enemies of Darkseid and his Elite, particularly Granny Goodness.
Let Freedom Ring!: Scott believes in freedom for all and will always fight for it for himself and others.
Relationships: He dearly loves his wife Barda, and is close to his manager, Oberon.
Vulnerable: All New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 96 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 83 + Defenses 17 = 252 / 252

Build Comments: I don’t know why, but I have always liked Mister Miracle. He’s kind of a one-trick pony, but it’s a pretty good trick, being the world’s, if not the universe’s, greatest escape artist. And come on, Scott Free is one of the greatest names for an escape artist you could ever come up with.

Secret Origins: Mister Miracle was Scott Free, the god of escape in the New Gods mythology. Originally, the boy Scott Free was the son of Highfather Izaya, the ruler of New Genesis. However, as part of a diplomatic move to stop a destructive war against the planet Apokolips, Highfather agreed to an exchange of children with his enemy Darkseid. In doing so, he surrendered Scott Free to the care of his enemy while he received his enemy's son, Orion.

For years, Scott Free grew up in the care of Granny Goodness, a sadistic minion of Darkseid who oversaw the training of Darkseid's forces with inhuman intensity. As he matured, Scott learned that he had a natural talent for escaping and overcoming seemingly impossible traps. His talent and his love for freedom were furthered by Himon, a natural troublemaker and the one god whom Darkseid's forces weren't able to capture. Scott refused to be hardened by the planet's cruel abuse and kept his innocence and hope in the midst of such darkness. He fell in love with Big Barda, a warrior who was leader of an elite squad of woman warriors known as the Female Furies; she in turn was won over by his innocence and goodness, and later married him.

Eventually, Scott Free escaped and fled to Earth.

The Story so Far: Once there, he became the protégé of a circus escape artist, Thaddeus Brown, whose stage name was Mister Miracle. Brown was impressed with Scott's skills (especially as supplemented with various advanced devices he had taken from his previous home). Scott also befriended Brown's assistant, a dwarf named Oberon. When Thaddeus Brown was murdered, Scott Free assumed the identity of Mister Miracle. Barda later followed Scott to Earh, and the two used their powers, equipment, and skills in the war against Darkseid, who was still interested in recapturing both of them. Unknown to Darkseid, Scott eventually acquired the complete Anti-Life Equation, Darkseid's ultimate desire. However, his will was strong enough to resist the temptation to use it.

On Earth, the two have often accompanied Orion, and all 3 have served on the Justice League.

Characterization: Scott is the world’s premier escape artist but his greatest ability is his ability to spread hope and goodwill despite his torturous early life on Apokolips.

Friends and Foes: He dearly loves his wife, Barda, and is close to his manager, Oberon.
Thorpocalypse

Mister Miracle: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Mister Miracle: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Mister Miracle: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Jabroniville

Re: Big Barda: Earth-T1

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:15 pm He also based her appearance on Lainie Kazan, who apparently had just posed in Playboy while he was working on Barda. Many of you might know her as the mom in My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding or some other guest spots on TV shows. Now she’s a matronly Jewish grandmother but Google some pics of her when she was young…geez, she was hot.
I read about that too, and in the interest of knowledge and verification, I also Googled this lady, and after hours of exhaustive research, I can confirm that this was indeed correct!

Barda is a funny one, because she ended up far, far more famous and used as a character than her husband was. Being one of the few women in comics at the time with her "Big, Strong, Tough-Talking Lady" concept worked wonders, as did a distinctive appearance. Mister Miracle got his own book here and there, but Barda eclipsed him by a LOT in the 2000s.
Thorpocalypse

Omni-Man: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Spring break is over and it's time to get back to work at J-Mart! Check out this new item hitting the shelves!

That’s the tricky part of the job, balancing what you wanna do, with what you need to do. - Omni-Man

OMNI-MAN
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 9; DPL: 14; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 250
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black/Grey
Race: Viltrumite
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Earth’s Moon
Team Affiliations: The Viltrumie Empire

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+19), Deception (+4), Expertise [Journalism] 4 (+7), Expertise [Viltrumite Lore] 7 (+10), Insight (+4), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation (+3), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+7), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Benefit (4) (Status 4 – Ruler of the Viltrumite Empire), Diehard, Interpose, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Seize Initiative, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Viltrumite Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Invulnerability: Immunity 10 (All Environmental Conditions, Poisons, Suffocation [Need to breathe, Flaw: Limited to ability to hold breath], Starvation/Thirst [Flaw: Limited to approximately 2 weeks], Disease [Flaw: Limited to terrestrial diseases]), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 15; 30 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (200,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Flight and Super Speed: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]) (Extra: Dynamic) (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+17 without Defensive Roll, +8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Fame: At one time, Omni-Man was the world's 2nd greatest hero next to Superman until his fall from grace but he remains a well-known figure.
Power Loss: If his powers are somehow drained, his stats also drop to STR 3, STA 3, FGT 5.
Relationships: His wife, Debbie Grayson, his sons, Mark and Oliver Grayson.
Responsibility: He has many responsibilities as the current ruler of the Viltrumite Empire.
Secret: He maintains his secret identity of Nolan Grayson, novelist.
Temper: Despite his redemption and his generally calm, superheroic demeanor, he, like all Viltrumite, does have a bit of a temper. OK, make that a HELLUVA temper…
Vulnerable: When a Viltrumite's equilibrium in their ears is disturbed, mainly by a sonic effect, it can cause extreme pain and may even possibly kill them.

Abilities 114 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 72 + Defenses 14 = 225 / 225

Build Comments: Omni-Man is Invincible’s father and Earth’s greatest hero in that setting. He has a small…fall from grace, we’ll call it, during the early run of the book but he is back to his heroic ways now, helping defend Earth from the remaining Viltrumites who are preparing to take over Earth and the rest of the galaxy.

Spoilers ahead if you haven't read the comics, seen the wonderful Amazon series or pretty much been under a rock for the past 10 years or so... ;)

Outside of the vast sensory powers, Viltrumites are every bit the paragons that Kryptonians and Daxamites are. However, in my setting, I like the Kryptonians and Daxamites being the top dogs overall, some Viltrumite strength trends slightly lower, but they tend to be better in combat overall since they are a warrior race.

Secret Origins: The super-being known to the people of Earth as Omni-Man is not actually human, but a member of the alien Viltrumite race. Extremely powerful by human standards, the Viltrumites are a brutal, vicious race. They achieved what they call a utopia by culling the weaker from their own numbers, leaving a race of conquerors bent on bringing new worlds under their control, subjugating weaker civilizations. Races who failed to submit to the Viltrumites were attacked and in some cases wiped from existance.

Nolan had pursued greatness among the Viltrumites, working arduously to earn a position on the conquering committee. He was stationed on the frontier of the expanding empire, helping conquer numerous worlds, as well as undertaking solo missions such as hunting down the "infinity ray" weapon. Excelling at his work, Nolan received accolades for his brutality and efficiency and was soon promoted to lead his own division.

The Story so Far: Omni-Man arrived on Earth over 30 years ago, where he eventually adopted the secret identity of a best-selling author named Nolan Grayson. He married a woman whose life he had saved named Debbie, and the two of them produced a son, Mark Grayson. It was later revealed that Nolan was sent to Earth as a conqueror for the Viltrumite Empire, a revelation that was in stark contrast to his previous claims that his presence was to advance human technology and protect the Earth from extraterrestrial dangers. In a confrontation shortly thereafter, Omni-Man beat Mark to within an inch of his life and then fled the planet.

It was further revealed that Nolan had found a new planet over which to rule, in the hopes offsetting some of the consequences of his earthly failure. Nolan's rise to power, however, was entirely peaceful. The custom of the native inhabitants, the Mantis Aliens (an insectoid people who live entirely within a nine month span) was to simply choose the oldest among them to act as their leader. Also, as on Earth, Nolan had taken yet another native wife, Andressa, and sired a second son. The genetic differences between Viltrumites and the mantis-people were more apparent, though, than they were with humans. This caused the child to age much more slowly than his mother's species, but much faster than his father's.

Omni-Man's attempts to appease the Viltrumite Empire ended in failure with his defeat and capture at the hands of his own people. He was held captive in a prison until the Empire was able to send the required Viltrumite executioners. His parting words to Mark were "Read my books, Mark. My books..." In a conversation with his tailor Art Rosenbaum, Mark learned that the books Nolan referred to were not his well-known travel books, but a series of failed science fiction "novels". While Arthur suspected that the stories were Viltrumite folklore, Mark quickly realized that they were in fact first-person accounts of Nolan's own missions to destroy potential threats to the Viltrumite Empire, which could provide the secrets to defeating the Viltrumites.

He's later saved on the day of his execution by Allen the Alien, to whom he agrees to reveal the "secret": Viltrumites are a near-extinct race, with less than fifty pure-blood able individuals left. Emboldened by the incredible strength shown by his ersatz ally, he begins a two-men campaign to eradicate Viltrum's supremacy.

Omni-Man became one of the leaders of the Coalition Forces against the Viltrumites during the Viltrumite War. Eventually, he helps broker a peace between Earth and the Viltrumites to save the planet and his people. He reunited with Debbie and the two of them moved to a former Guardians of the Globe moonbase since he cannot return to Earth after his betrayal of the original GOG team.

Thragg learned that Nolan should be the true ruler of the Viltrumites as he was a direct descendent of Lord Argall. Eventually Thragg knew that he had to kill Nolan and attacked him, revealing Nolan’s true lineage to him. After the other Viltrumites found out, they rallied to Nolan’s side, defeated and captured Thragg. Nolan promised to take the Viltrumite empire in a new, peaceful direction. Seeing that their time on Earth was changing many of the other Viltrumites as it had him, he allowed Thragg’s plan of breeding with humans to continue.

Nolan sentenced Thragg to exile and he left the planet to plot his revenge. Nolan has taken to his role with aplomb, working to undo the damage done by his people over the millennia across the galaxy and working to secure true peace on Earth.

Characterization: Ever since his battle with Mark and his subsequent flight to Mantis-World, Nolan has been rethinking his commitment to Viltrumite ways. He developed a sense of empathy toward others that was alien to most Viltrumites and came to see their conquering ways as a foolish quest that has brought them to the brink of extinction.

Nolan is very forthright, speaking as openly and honestly as he can while remaining polite. Nolan was a very dedicated and understanding father.

Friends and Foes: He did not try to shelter his son but did take the time to provide guidance and assistance as Mark learned to use his powers. Though Nolan originally said he only loved his wife in the sense that one might love a favored pet, he realized that his feelings for her were true and he worked hard to regain her love and trust. He truly loves his sons and has forged friendships with Allen and others in the Coalition of Planets.

As the new leader of his people, he has made many inroads with those who once thought him a traitor but now having experienced Earth as he has, have come around to his way of thinking. However, former Grand Regent Thragg has vowed to end him and return to rule his people someday.