J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Apollo: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Probably went a little low on his PL, but here's Apollo.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 am Check out this new item for Aisle 1 as we continue to add to RESPECT MY AUTHORITY Specials!

Thinking about how I’m going to snap every bone in that clown’s body and shove his friend’s mace so far he’s going to need 8 years physiotherapy and a good proctologist to walk again. - Apollo

APOLLO
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 5; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-6
Weight: 275
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: The Carrier
Team Affiliations: The JLAXI Black; Stormwatch

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Insight (+4), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Blast] 7 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Diehard, Favored Environment (Flying), Great Endurance, Interpose, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 13, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 25 pts
Flying: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr); 28 pts
Space Flight: Movement 1 (Space Travel 1 [Other Planets in Solar System]); 2 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (50,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Sun God: Environment 2 (60 ft radius; Light [reduce total concealment to partial and partial concealment to none]), Immunity 10 (Light/Heat Effects); 14 pts
Super Senses: Senses 5 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Normal Hearing [Extended 2], Infravision); 5 pts
Solar Energy Control: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Solar Blast: Solar Energy Ranged Damage 15; 30 pts
Solar Burst: Burst Area Solar Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Solar Barrage: Ranged Multiattack Solar Energy Damage 10; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +5
Solar Energy Control +9 [Solar Energy Blast +15; Solar Energy Barrage +10, Multiattack]
Special Attacks [Solar Burst +13, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kaizen Gamorra, The Regis, and several other enemies that he has gathered as a member of The Authority and Stormwatch.
Prejudice: Apollo is openly homosexual.
Relationships: His husband, Midnighter, and his daughter Jenny Quantum. He remains close to his former teammates in The Authority as well.
Weakness: Apollo's powers are completely dependent on sunlight. Without solar energy for extended amounts of time, he loses his powers and his strength suffers impairment, disability, and finally incapacitation. Prolonged separation from solar energy can reduce Apollo to dying.

Abilities 100 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 112 + Defenses 15 = 242 / 242

Build Comments: Apollo is the Superman analogue of The Authority. He's never shown to be quite to Supes level, but a high level paragon nonetheless. He had some of the best smart ass lines in the series, too.

Secret Origins: Formerly a U.S. soldier, Apollo was a member of a secret experimental academy team created by the insane former Stormwatch Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Bendix's extensive alterations made Apollo almost a Sun God, with flight, superhuman strength and invulnerability, and heat vision. However, he needs frequent exposure to full sunlight to recharge his powers and his health. Unlike his lover, the Midnighter, Apollo may have volunteered willingly for the implant procedures that gave him his powers. Apollo has also lost all memory of who he was before his recruitment into the team.

The Story so Far: See Stormwatch-The Authority post.

Characterization: Apollo's abilities are powered by solar energy, which he absorbs from the Sun's UV rays, which he is also able to store limited quantities inside his body. The way in which Apollo absorbs sunlight is similar to photosynthesis. However, with no exposure to sunlight, he will quickly lose his powers, starting with his ability to fly. Apollo is able to quickly regain this ability with about 20 seconds of sunlight exposure, and will be fully charged in 2 hours. When at full power, Apollo can withstand the molten heat of the Earth's core, destroy entire spaceships by flying through them at imperceptible speeds, and practically level entire city blocks. He is also able to survive in the vacuum of space by simply not breathing, and he does not require food or drink to survive, although he enjoys both. Apollo has also demonstrated that he is capable of circling the globe in approximately sixty seconds. While the full range and extent of his powers are astounding, it is possible for his energy stores to become depleted if kept out of the sun long enough.

Friends and Foes: Apollo is closest to his husband, The Midnighter and their adopted daughter, Jenny Quantum. He remains close The Engineer as well as Jenny Sparks.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: Midnighter: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Last but not least...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 pm We've got a J-Mart Favorite Item for Aisle 1 as we wrap up our RESPECT MY AUTHORITY Specials!

You should have paid more attention to what they say about me. The rumors...? All true. I am the baddest of the bad on this planet and several others you've never been to. Every once in a while I have to prove that to stupid people like yourself. - Midnighter

MIDNIGHTER
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 10; DPL: 12; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-5
Weight: 285
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Red

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 12 [15], INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 9 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15/+18), Deception (+3), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+8), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+8/+20), Insight 3 (+10/+20) [Assessment, Combat Clarity, Second Chance, Skill Mastery], Intimidation 10 (+13) [Startle], Investigation 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+14) [Tracking], Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+13/+15), Sleight of Hand 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+12/+18) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology (+2), Treatment (+2), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (1), Combat Clarity*, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (2), Evasion (2), Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (4), Improvised Weapon (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (2) (German, Japanese, 3 others, Base: English), Luck (Recover), Power Attack (2) (Tonfa, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2 [4]), Second Chance (1) (Insight checks for Assessment), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (1) (Insight), Startle, Takedown (2), Throwing Mastery (2), Trance, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge,

POWERS:
Survival Implants: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Luck [Recover], Trance), Immunity 6 (Critical Hits, Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Disease, Starvation/Thirst), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 13 pts
Mental Combat Computer: Enhanced Fighting 3, Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Skills 13 (Insight 10 ranks, Expertise [Tactics] 10 ranks, Stealth 6 ranks), Enhanced Advantages 28 (Assessment, Combat Clarity*, Defensive Attack, Evasion (2), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed 2), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (4), Improvised Weapon (1), Power Attack (2) (Tonfa, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (2), Second Chance (1) (Insight checks for Assessment), Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (1) (Insight), Takedown (2), Throwing Mastery (2), Uncanny Dodge), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Senses 3 (Superpower Awareness [Visual, Acute], Danger Sense); 55 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Tonfa, Medium: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive; 3 pts
Business Cards (Shuriken): Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7 (+23 with Mental Combat Computer)
Close Attack +13 (+16 with Mental Combat Computer) [Tonfa +8]
Unarmed +15 (+18 with Mental Combat Computer) [Unarmed +6, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +9 (+11 with Mental Combat Computer)
Throwing +13 (+15 with Mental Combat Computer) [Business Cards +1, Multiattack; Mental Combat Computer Business Cards +3, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+15 with Mental Combat Computer) [DC22/25] Parry +12 (+15 with Mental Combat Computer) [DC22/25]
Toughness +9 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity Crisis: Henry Bendix wiped his and Apollo's memories so they have no idea what their real names are or anything about their pasts. This bothers him sometimes.
Power Loss: If his Mental Combat Computer implants are nullified or somehow removed, in addition to losing those powers, his abilities drop to AGL 4, DEX 3, AWR 3.
Prejudice: He's openly homosexual.
Relationships: His husband, Apollo, and his daughter Jenny Quantum. He remains close to his former teammates in The Authority as well.
Reputation: The world's biggest bastard who kills anyone who needs killing.

Abilities 102 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 68 + Defenses 9 = 229 / 229

Build Comments: The World’s Biggest Bastard himself, the Midnighter. Man, did The Authority kick ass when they started, but the internal problems at Wildstorm eventually did them in.

For any of you that haven't read The Authority or early Stormwatch (and a pox on your house if you haven't) Midnighter is the Batman analogue of the group but he also channels the Punisher. He's got one niche in the team and that's beating up/and or killing any bastards that need it. Plain and simple. And that's how I built him. He's hard as hell to surprise, harder to get the first shot in on and if you take him down, he'll come right back. And I mean, come on, anyone who's confident enough to print up his standard speech on business cards to give to his opponents to save him the time of saying it before he beats them down is da bomb diggity of all bomb diggities! ;)

He's the man.

Secret Origins: Midnighter was a member of an secret experimental academy team created by the insane former Stormwatch Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Bendix erased the team's memories when he gave them superpowers. Midnighter, alongside Apollo, Lamplight, Crow Jane, Amaze, Impetus, and Stalker, formed the ill-fated team that would be sent to their deaths by Henry Bendix on their first mission. When Midnighter and Apollo sought extraction during this mission, it was only to discover that Bendix has no intention of wasting time or resources to save them when he could so easily replace them with more "super-soldiers."

Betrayed, Apollo and Midnighter managed to escape with their lives, but would spend the next six years in hiding on the streets, attempting to remain invisible to the Weatherman's ever-watchful eye from the Stormwatch headquarters orbiting the earth. During this time, both team members fought to better the world on a smaller scale, and came together as lovers. Because of their self imposed exile, both Midnighter and Apollo were ignorant of Stormwatch's battle against Henry Bendix, and of his supposed death at the hands of Jenny Sparks. Only when Jackson King, the new Weatherman, discovered them on radar and brought them in for questioning (ultimately testing their loyalties by sending them on a mission) did the pair realize they were free to live in the open again as normal human beings. All files related to whom both Midnighter and Apollo were before their introduction into the team were believed to be lost, and since neither man could remember, Jackson King instead gave them new identities with which to retire from the super-soldier business.

However, it was not to be. Less than a year after Apollo and Midnighter's retirement, nearly the entire Stormwatch team was slaughtered in an Aliens/Stormwatch Crossover. Jenny Sparks would develop her vision for a new team, known as the Authority, and she approached Apollo and Midnighter about joining. Reluctantly (and because of Apollo), Midnighter agreed. It was then that he would take his place as "Night's Bringer of War."

Characterization: Midnighter's abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat and tactical scenarios. He has superhuman strength, reflexes (and moving speed when necessary), healing, senses, aim and various other enhancements. He is said to have multiple redundant systems to keep him fighting in the worst of conditions. One example of this is a backup heart. Midnighter can also turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man. The pain is not totally cut off though, so his healing factor is also very helpful. He's fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things. He can also function perfectly in anaerobic environments when necessary.

Midnighter's body has been altered to give him inhuman balance as well as faster nerve endings so he can move and react quicker than any human and many super humans. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can't see him. Midnighter's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. His other senses are so powerful that to trick him, his creator needed to find an alien that could not only change its appearance, but its scent and DNA.

Midnighter's most famous ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His fight implants include a combat computer that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

Friends and Foes: Midnighter is closest to his husband, Apollo, and their adopted daughter Jenny Quantum. He is generally on good terms with his former Authority and Stormwatch teammates. He, above all of Henry Bendix’s former associates, has the greatest enmity towards the former Weatherman.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Robin (and Goliath): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

One of the things I've been doing is aging up a few characters, including Damian and Superboy. I'm getting tired of Damian as a punk kid, I liked him in the Injustice 2 comic where he's a punk teen. So I kicked Bruce and Clark up into their mid-forties and I'm adjusting my overall timeline where Superman made his first appearance about 20 years ago instead of 10. Most characters will remain the same, I'm just going to space out their initial appearances more, giving Superman and Batman more time in the game than most everyone else except the immortal types.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:39 pm We've got a companion piece to our last new item hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

Father,
I'm sure you'll be angry with me for disobeying you again but I don't care, I will not let you fight Leviathan alone. You need me and I will always be at your side. Because it will be hard for me to say these words face to face, I want you to know that Mother may have given me life, but you taught me how to live.

Love and respect,
your son, Damian

ROBIN (DAMIAN WAYNE)
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 8; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 170
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Race: Human
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: Teen Titans; Batman Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Business] 6 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 8 (+15), Perception 11 (+13), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand 7 (+13), Stealth 12 (+18), Technology 8 (+15), Treatment (+7), Vehicles 5 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Cunning Fighter*, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (11), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed 2), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (Arabic, 9 others, Base: English), Martial Strike* (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (4) (R Shuriken, Robin Blades, Sword, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Redirect, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Vocal Mimicry: Illusion 2 (Auditory, Flaw: Limited to voices); 2 pts
Robin Costume: 18 pts Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 14 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 1, Immunity 7 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only], Fire Damage [Limited: Half effect]); 5 pts
Mask: Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink (Communication 3 [Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Bat Family]); 11 pts
Cape: Movement 1 (Safe Fall); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
Grapple Gun: (3 pts)
Grappling: Move Object 2 (Flaw: Limited to pulling towards); 2 pts
Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Robin Blades: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 4 pts
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Utility Belt: (26 pts)
Bat Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 18 pts
Bat Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Robinrangs: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Ricochet; 1 pt
Bolo: Ranged Grabbing 4, Flaw: Diminished Range (10/25/50); 1 pt
R Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Ranged Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Attack [Resisted by Dodge], Ranged Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pts
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen) 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Vehicle: (14 pts)
Robincycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features - Autopilot, Navigation System, Remote Control, Secret Compartments; 14 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Robin Blades +4, Critical 19-20; Sword +5, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20; Martial Strike Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Robinrangs +4; R Shuriken +2, Multiattack; Bolo Affliction +4]
Special Attack [Tear Gas Affliction +6, Burst Area; Flash Bang Affliction +6, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The House of Al Ghul.
Pain In The Ass: He’s getting better, but because of his upbringing, he has very few social skills, is stubborn and condescending.
Relationships: He has grown close to Dick Grayson during his stint as Batman and he has always had respect for his father. Despite their differences, he also loves his mother, Talia Al Ghul.
Rivalry: He has a major rivalry with Red Robin, Batgirl and Spoiler.
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Damian Wayne, son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul.
Temper: His impulsive temper gets him into trouble a lot.

Abilities 82 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 41 + Powers 16 + Defenses 15 = 202 / 202
Thorpocalypse

Test - Wolverine vs. White Knight

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest – Wolverine vs. White Knight

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

Intro: Time for some more testing and it’s always fun to throw heroes at the good old White Knight.

--

The White Knight has been hired by an anti-mutant group to hunt down mutants before they can be relocated to Krakoa. They have a knockoff version of Cerebro that is tipping them to mutant manifestations and they’ve located a pair of young mutant twins in the Portland suburbs that they want him to subdue and deliver to them.

Fortunately, Professor X also located the twins and Wolverine volunteers to go get them. As normally happens in these types of situations, both parties arrive at the location at about the same time. White Knight also has 6 operatives of the anti-mutant group with him for support (I’ll be using my standard soldier archetype for them). It’s nighttime and 5 of the operatives are surrounding the house while the Knight watches from the unmarked van across the street with the other operative who is the driver. Wolverine arrives shortly thereafter.
I’m hand waving night vision goggles and commlinks for White Night and his team. The operatives are in stealth mode, getting a 14. Wolverine gets a 37 on his perception so he sniffs them out easily and makes the van for trouble but he can’t see White Knight . He goes stealth as well, nat 20 for a 33. 19 perception for the operatives, 6 for WK, Wolvie’s a stabby ghost.
Surprise Round 1: Minion rule for the operatives. I’ll say he can get to two of them this round. He could just take 10 but I’m having him roll and if he hits and makes DC20 stealth checks as he goes, I’ll let him keep going, saying he takes them out before they can yell or shoot. He’ll go PA3 with his claws, hits with a 17. The operative fails his DC26 TC to drop. 25 on stealth. His claw strikes are precise and silent.

He’s on the next one in a flash. 23 to hit with another PA3 attack, DC26 TC, another failure. Natural 1 on the stealth check, though, so the guy gets a scream out before he falls. The mutant kids’ human parents, the rest of the ops and White Knight are alerted. Initiative time.

Round 1: Initiative: Wolverine – 26, White Knight – 20, Operatives - 9. Wolverine keeps after the commandos. Again, he can get to 2 this round. PA3 again, 19 hits, another TC failure to drop another one. Another PA3 attack, another hit, another TC failure, another drop. White Knight gets out of the van and approaches the house but Wolvie is around the back so he can’t draw a bead on him yet. He just hears the screams. The last operative in combat does move around the house and can see Logan and he fires. Nat 5 misses by a mile. He does shout into his commlink, “It’s Wolverine! Back of the house! Call in backup!” HP for Logan for his Reputation as a bad ass.

The family hears all the commotion and tries to call the police but for some reason they can’t get a signal. No neighbors seem to hear anything yet.

Round 2: Initiative: Wolverine, White Knight, Operatives. Wolverine goes after the last operative, PA2 with the claws and he rolls a nat 18 for a crit. DC30 TC gives the guy no chance, but I’ll say if he gets a 20 he doesn’t drop. Rolled a 14, he’s out. White Knight comes around the house and tells Logan how glad he is to see him because he’ll not only be taking care of those little genetic mistakes in the house, but he’ll get to make a real name for himself by taking out one of the biggest freaks of all. Logan replies with a trademark, “Bring it on, bub.”

The White Knight unleashes a flame blast, AA2, and misses with a 17. Yikes…

The last operative in the van calls for backup. The parents and the twins go hide in the parent’s bedroom closet.

Round 3: Initiative: Wolverine, White Knight, Operatives. Logan goes after the Knight, PA2 with a claw strike and hits with a 22. DC25 TC and the WK gets a 20 for a 1st degree failure. The White Knight comes back with a PA2 Flame Strike but misses badly with a natural 3. The Operative receives word that backup is on the way. The family is hiding.

Round 4: Wolverine goes PA3 with his claws and hits with a crit! DC26 TC but The White Knight gets a nat 20 on the TC to avoid damage! The Knight activates his Flame Aura. The operative waits, the family hides.

Round 5: Logan goes PA2 again, misses badly with a natural 2. Thanks to the Knight’s Flame Aura, he has to make a DC21 TC. He fails badly with a natural 3, HP to reroll gets him a 20 for a 1st degree failure. The Knight then shifts to a Flame Strike, PA2, but misses with a 17. All other parties are status quo.

Round 6: Wolvie goes PA3 again and hits with a 26. DC26 TC, WK gets a 22 for another first degree failure. White Knight goes AA2 with another Flame Strike and he gets a nat 2. HP to reroll gets him a crit! DC32 TC. The Old Canucklehead only gets a 15 on his TC, he has to reroll and gets a 24 for a second degree failure. The Knight is doing better in melee than I expected. All other parties are status quo.

Status – Wolverine (-2 toughness, dazed , 0 hp), White Knight (-1 toughness, 0 hp), Operatives (1 fine, 5 incapacitated, 0 hp)
Round 7: Logan goes PA3 and hits with a 20. DC26 TC for The Knight and he gets a 19 for a 2nd degree failure. The Knight goes AA2 again and hits with another Flame Strike with a 30. DC27 TC and Logan gets a 25 for another 1st degree failure. But his healing factor removes the first failure so he’s pretty much the same.

Round 8: Logan is getting burnt to a crisp. He needs to regroup. He Recovers this round. White Knight goes AA2 again but misses.

Round 9: Time to fight smarter, Logan thinks to himself. He Disengages (see House Rules) then uses his move action to hide. He gets a 32 Stealth roll against WK’s 5 Perception. He’s blended into the shrubbery around the side of the house. He also recovers his last toughness penalty. The Knight calls him a coward and fires blindly in what he thinks is Wolvie’s general direction. Natural 2 is a bad miss.

Round 10: Logan bursts out of hiding and goes PA5 against the surprised Knight and hits with a 21. DC28 TC and the White Knight gets 29 to avoid damage. Wolverine knows he has to take him out soon so he uses extra effort for another PA5 attack and hits with a crit. DC33 TC and the Knight gets a nat 20 to only take a 1st degree failure. Look at The Knight go! He’s tired of jobbing to the stars! Wolverine is fatigued. The Knight will Recover and talk some trash.

Round 11: Wolverine goes PA5 again and misses badly. The White Knight goes AA2 with a Flame Strike and misses even worse…

I think this test has proved what I thought which that they’re pretty evenly matched. Time to shake things up. 8 more operatives pull up in another unmarked van and head towards the house.

Round 12: Logan hears the van pull up and knows he’s got to move his ass and try to get to the kids. He Disengages again and moves toward the front. I’ll give him an HP for the complication. White Knight hears them, too, and decides to make sure the others succeed. He flies after Logan to catch up easily and goes for a grab. He hits with a 25, then the opposed grab check fails, but I’m going to fiat for a 2nd degree success and then he uses extra effort for another move action to fly them up 100 ft in the air. WK wins the opposed strength check to make the move happen. Wolverine gets another HP. White Knight is fatigued. The operatives enter the house.

Round 13: Wolverine tries to break the grab with Athletics and he fails. White Knight maintains the grab and activates his Flame Aura. Wolverine has to make a DC21 TC and he gets a nat 20. The Operatives check the house, +0 stealth check for the family, 13. Perception check for the operatives, 10. They’re safe for now…

Round 14: Wolverine needs to get out of this, he goes to attack instead of breaking the grapple. He goes PA5 again, and gets another crit. DC28 TC for White Knight and he gets a 22 for a 2nd degree failure. He uses his move action to break the grab with Athletics and he succeeds. He’s falling towards the house. White Knight only has one action because he’s Dazed so he just goes AA5 to try and scorch him with a fire blast and he hits with a 23. DC27 TC and Logan gets a 21 for a 2nd degree failure. Nat 20 for the operatives, they find the family. They use the round to have a couple of them drag the twins out of the closet and another 3-4 of them restrain the parents. Next round, they will be moved to the van and they advise base and White Knight.

Round 15: I will fiat for White Knight to go first ahead of Wolverine and he goes for another grab. Logan wins. I’m fiating again for WK to win to keep Wolverine to be kept away. That’s 2 more HP for him.

So…Wolvie will use one of those HP to Edit Scene and…
As Wolverine falls, he hears the screams of the family as the anti-mutant group troops drag them from their home. His blood begins to boil as he pops his claws and prepares to torpedo through the roof but suddenly he is grabbed by the leg.

“Not so fast mutie,” The White Knight says as he hovers with Logan. “You and I ain’t done and I sure as hell ain’t lettin’ you stop us from giving those little freaks of nature what they deserve.”

As Wolverine growled with rage, he heard gunshots and then the faint sound of a *BAMF*. “Perfect timing, elf,” He thought to himself.

Then he heard a familiar female voice in his head. “Logan, Scott told me to tell you to quit messing around and take this guy out or he is going to tell Luke Cage and Ben Grimm that you lost to the White Knight. That’s going to make for a long poker night for you…”

“Jeannie, tell Summers to go screw himself,” he thought back to Marvel Girl. “I got this…”

I’m not going to roll any initiative for Nightcrawler, Marvel Girl or Cyclops, I just threw them in for flavor. They can handle those troops in two rounds tops and secure the children. They’ll get tested later. This is Wolvie’s show.

This seems like a good time to allow him to go into his Berserker Rage and he’ll go PA5 again with his Multiattack claw strike and get a nat 20 for a crit! So with the crit, +5 from the PA and another +5 from a 3rd degree success from Multiattack thanks to WK being -5 on defense from his AA makes for a DC33 TC. WK gets a ANOTHER nat 20 on his TC to only take a 1st degree failure. Wolverine uses EE for another action, PA5 again, he hits with a 24, a 2nd degree success which makes for DC30 TC. The Knight finally blows a roll and only gets a 14, a 4th degree failure! He’s out! Logan is exhausted which takes him out of his rage.

Round 16: With White Knight unconscious they’re both going to fall about 60 ft. That’s a DC23 TC. Wolverine and The Knight both fail, Wolverine 2nd degree, WK with a 1st. Wolverine’s healing factor takes care of his previous failure this round. White Knight is dying, but he passes his Fort check to survive the fall and Wolverine will use his Beginner’s Luck to grab 5 ranks in Treatment to ensure he lives with a 15 against a DC10 check. I’ll give him his HP back for the complication of making sure he doesn’t break one of the 3 Laws of Krakoa by not killing him. Even though he could he probably justify it...

The other X-Men will wrap up the rest, taking out the operatives and their vehicles, offering the children a place in Krakoa, Jean probes the minds of the operatives for the name and location of their leaders, etc. Logan will drag the White Knight’s body and his own charred self with his practically burned-off costume back to the group and tell Cyclops that his poker game with The Thing will be f’n great now that Summers is providing his ante...

Final Status – Wolverine (-1 toughness, dazed, exhausted, 3 hp), White Knight (-4 toughness, incapacitated, fatigued, 0 hp), Operatives (1 fine, 5 incapacitated, 0 hp)
Comments: That was fun as hell. Logan and The White Knight were pretty evenly matched and I thought the Knight was going to take it early but then some bad rolls and a change in strategy tipped things in Wolverine’s favor. The Knight will return, though, he always does.

I'm working on an X-Men test shortly. I need to get Jubilee and Rogue done first so I can do an X-Men '93 team test. :)

Thorpocalypse

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Earth-SW

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU! We're celebrating one of our favorite store holidays by dropping this new item for our Star Wars Aisle!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess…then you have nothing. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

OBI-WAN KENOBI
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 170
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Coruscant
Team Affiliations: Jedi Knights

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat [Light Saber] 1 (+13), Deception (+2), Expertise [Jedi Lore] 6 (+9), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+9), Stealth 4 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit (2) (Status, Resource 2 – Jedi Master), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Defensive Strike*, Favored Foe (Sith), Improved Critical (1), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Force Awareness: Senses 6 (Force Awareness, Detect Force [Mental, Extended, Acute, Accurate]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Evasion, Uncanny Dodge); 8 pts
Force Athletics: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr); 6 pts
Force Powers: 19 pt Array; 21 pts
Force Lifting: Perception Range Move Object 6 (Extra: Precise); 19 pts
Force Push: Cone Area Move Object 6 (Extra: Cone Area [30 [60] ft cone], Damaging 3 ranks, Flaw: Diminshed Range [30 ft cone0, Range [Close]); 1 pt
Jedi Mind Trick: Perception Range Affliction 9 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Extra: Subtle, Flaws: Limited to Two degrees, Sense Dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt

Light Saber Mastery: 24 pts Traits, Easily Removable (Requires lightsaber; -10 pts); 14 pts
Deflection: Deflection 10 (Extra: Reflect, Redirect, Flaw: Limited to ranged energy attacks); 20 pts
Enhanced Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts

Light Saber: 12 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 8 pts
Saber Strike: Laser Energy Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Penetrating 7); 12 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2]
Light Saber +13 [Light Saber Strike +7]
Ranged Attack +10 [Deflection +10]
Special Attack [Force Burst +6, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 (+15 with Light Saber) [DC23/25] Parry +13 (+15 with Light Saber) [DC23/25]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Dark Side: Jedi must careful not to tap into the Dark Side of the Force or risk being taken over by it.
Enemy: The Sith and Darth Maul in particular.
Honor: Obi-Wan holds himself to high code of honor and civility at all times.
Relationships: Anakin Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda
Responsibility: All Jedi are bound by the Jedi code.

Abilities 74 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 53 + Defenses 16 = 190 / 190

Build Comments: My first, and I hope not my last, Star Wars build here at this version of J-Mart, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I really, really debated about his PL, but I stuck with a PL10, at least for now. If I get off my ass and build some more Star Wars stuff, I’ll test and adjust.

Taking the Star Wars characters as they are in the movies now, this might be a little low, but of course in comics, expanded universe books and the TV series, things vary wildly, so I suppose this PL works.

I am still a bit iffy on my Force array, so any input is welcome. I plan on getting around to more Jedi, Sith and Boba Fett in the not too distant future as I take breaks from building from my personal setting(s) and just drop builds “because”, which is what I started out doing and somehow got away from over the years.
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart: May the 4th Be With You: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Woodclaw »

I would move the deflection power into the Force array, adding a custom flow to it, so that it requires a Lightsaber to use.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 am I would move the deflection power into the Force array, adding a custom flow to it, so that it requires a Lightsaber to use.
Hmmmm...I could, but I was hoping to keep that Force Array as a pure array as opposed to being more of a "container" to use 2E terminology because I'd like to keep the Enhanced Defenses up when using the other Force abilities. If I roll that all into an array, Obi-Wan would be a PL9 defensively when utilizing the other abilities, whereas he's mostly a PL10 with things as is. I am I missing something mechanically there?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 am I would move the deflection power into the Force array, adding a custom flow to it, so that it requires a Lightsaber to use.
We've seen the Force deflect attacks without the need for a lightsaber, but it takes more effort.

While it might not be cost effective, maybe have two versions of Deflect. One has a limit that it requires some physical object to deflect the attack (such as a lightsaber), while the other can be used freely, but is the equivalent of a Full Round action, since the Jedi has to just stand there and do nothing but use the Force.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You could represent that with an AP of Force Deflect - one with the flaw requires lightsaber, the other with distracting (or tiring)...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

Taskmaster: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a new item for Aisle 2 as we drop another J-Mart Favorite Item!

That gig -- the Villain Schools -- I had to get out of it. Think about it. All my clients were guys who needed training. It was always, "C'mon, Tasky, front me the training. I'll make good after my first job. I'm gonna be huge, man. You just gotta teach me that badass Punisher move I saw on Entertainment Tonight." And the heroes, swinging in to bust up the free enterprise, I'm engaged in. And every time they do? I gotta find a new abandoned warehouse or a new abandoned drilling platform or, would it had never been so, a new circus to take over. Overhead? You don't know what overhead is until you've see what a guy gets paid to scoop up elephant %?$#. - Taskmaster

TASKMASTER
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 12; DPL: 12; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 9 (+12), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Mercenary] 9 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 10 (+15), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7) [Contacts], Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion (+2), Sleight of Hand (+6), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology (+1), Treatment (+1), Vehicles 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack (3), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages 2 (5 others, Base: English), Ranged Attack (7)

POWERS:
Photographic Reflexes: Variable 4 (20 pts traits; Extra: Action [Free], Duration [Continuous], Flaw: Limited [Skills, Advantages, Active Defenses only]), Senses 4 (Detect Weakness [Visual; Acute, Analytical, Ranged, Flaw: Limited to targets of Reflex Memory], Feature 2 [Vocal Mimicry]); 42 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Armored Costume and Skull Mask: Protection 2, Enhanced Skills 1 (Intimidation 2 ranks); 3 pts
Medium Shield: +2 Dodge, +2 Parry; 4 pts
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (17 pts)
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 15 pts
Twin Machine Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5, Double; 1 pt
Composite Longbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 4; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3; Sword +6, Critical 19-20; Knife 4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Twin Machine Pistols +5, Multiattack; Longbow +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22] Parry +10 (+12 with Shield) [DC20/22]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Greed: He likes money. A lot. He'll switch allegiances pretty much anytime for the right price
Phobia: He has a fear of drowning because as a kid, he used his ability to learn how to dive like an Olympic diver, but did not know how to swim…
Rivalry: He has a love/hate relationship with Deadpool and Agent X. Mostly hate, really, and never love, but he'll assist them time to time

Abilities 74 + Skills 39 (78 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 42 + Defenses 9 = 190 / 190

Build Comments: Really became a fan of the Taskmaster over the years. Before the world went to hell a few months ago (well, more than usual) this was looking like his chance to hit the mainstream with a key role in Black Widow and a big role in the upcoming Avengers video game. Maybe it will still happen as it should.

Not only does he have a great power set with the Photographic Reflexes which allows him to mimic any skills and/or combat abilities he has a chance to observe, he’s become a fascinating character. In the last issues of Avengers: The Initiative he was the focus of the book, and a fine lead character was he was. Then in Siege, he had a pretty good role as the villain who got “promoted” to the big leagues and helped them fight, and take down Thor, but he had a LOT of help for that. But then he got schooled by Bucky Cap. Oh well, he was smart enough to high-tail it before things went completely to hell and that’s what I love about him. He’s an opportunist.

I set his power with 20 pts of skills, feats, and/or active defenses that he can get based on who he’s copying. He can either be hard to hit or hard to hurt, hit with Bullseye type accuracy or Wolverine power, do acrobatics better then DD or Nightwing or whatever he needs at the time. He'd be a great fight for Batman.

Secret Origins: Tony Masters gained an ability known as "photographic reflexes" during a mission as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. This ability enabled him to watch another person's physical movements and duplicate them without any practice, no matter how complex. It was only limited by the fact that the memories he gained by watching others overwrote his personal memories. He was previously a naturally gifted athlete who trained himself to superb physical condition. He committed the fighting styles of Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevil, Elektra, Hawkeye, Punisher, Tigra, USAgent, Spider-Man and Wolverine to memory, as well as many others.

The Story so Far: The Taskmaster had scientists duplicate versions of a variety of weapons used by super-humans which he could use with nearly as great facility as their respective owners. He had a copy of Daredevil's multipurpose billy club, Hawkeye's trick arrows and bow, the Black Knight's sword, and a shield designed like Captain America's (but it was not indestructible; it was only an osmium alloy). He also sometimes carried a .45 caliber Colt automatic, which he could use in the style of the Punisher.

Eventually, the Taskmaster considerably changed his appearance. He wore a costume apparently modeled after tactical body armor, replacing his previous pirate-themed garb. The Taskmaster also ceased carrying an arsenal of duplicate weapons. Instead, his armament consisted primarily of a pair of semi-automatic handguns and a katana (which he wielded using the fighting style of the Silver Samurai). The Taskmaster also carried a prototype wrist-mounted device, stolen from S.H.I.E.L.D., which could spontaneously create simple shapes out of solid energy, saving him the trouble of weighing himself down with many weapons. He used the device to create duplicates of Captain America's shield and Spider-Man's webbing.

In addition, the Taskmaster gained new abilities. First, given observation and practice (with the aid of a voice-match recognizing device) he could duplicate the voices of others. He also displayed forms of photographic memory. More importantly, after watching video footage of fights filmed in double-time, he learned how to perform actions in double-time as well. Since the Taskmaster did not have a superhuman physique, he could only use this ability to provide short bursts of superhuman speed lasting a few seconds, or he risked seriously injuring himself.

Taskmaster came to blows with Deadpool a number of times, but the two became good friends when Taskmaster started dating Sandi Brandenburg, who had been Deadpool's Personal Assistant when he ran DP Inc. Both were employed by Agency X at the same time.

He was eventually hired by the Committee to take out Moon Knight. He raided Spector's apartment, but was unable to kill him.

He was briefly one of the Thunderbolts detainees, later being released and assigned to Camp Hammond to serve as a trainer for the Initiative recruits while their former drill instructor, Gauntlet, recuperated from injuries sustained from one of his trainees. During this time, a formerly deceased Initiative member, Michael Van Patrick acquired a weapon called the Tactigon and began assaulting everyone at the camp. The Taskmaster had little interest in participating in the fight, preferring instead to sit by the sidelines with one of his charges, Ant-Man.

Taskmaster then took over training for the entire initiative and participated in the siege of Asgard. He joined in the fight against Thor, since it would help him become a more reputable assassin. He fought both Captain Americas at the same time with unexpected success. Able to see that his side was not winning the fight, Taskmaster fled with the Constrictor to return to mercenary work. He taunted Norman Osborn with the knowledge that he had earlier assisted Deadpool.

After losing his weapons in Tokyo, Tony began a quest to attempt to remember some of the things he had been forgetting. On this quest, his former handler, The Org, seemed to put out a billion-dollar bounty on his head. Many of the teams he formerly trained, including A.I.M. and HYDRA, attempted to collect the bounty by killing him, but only succeeded in tracking him on his quest. It was during this memory quest that Tony temporarily learned his true past, that of a married, former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who mistakenly took a Nazi serum that granted him his extraordinary abilities. He also briefly met his wife and handler, Mercedes Merced. Ultimately, he was forced to learn the new fighting skill of Redshirt, the man who put out the fake bounty, which erased all of his knowledge regarding his past. Apparently, this had happened repeatedly in the past.

Characterization: Taskmaster trained his body to be in peak physical condition and engaged in intensive regular exercise. His strength, endurance, stamina, reflexes, and agility were on the level of an Olympic athlete. He was nearly the physical equal of Captain America. In addition to his ability to copy the fighting techniques of others, he had mastered hundreds of forms of unarmed combat and had created some of his own original techniques as well. The Taskmaster was skilled in the use of all conventional weaponry. He was an unerring marksman as a result of the skills of various champions he committed to memory. These skills included most present-day and many historical martial arts, boxing, wrestling, swordsmanship, archery, marksmanship, gymnastics, aerial acrobatics and sleight of hand.

The big drawback to his ability is that when Taskmaster copies something new, it pushes old memories out of his brain in a form of amnesia.

Friends and Foes: He has become allies with Deadpool on a number of occasions and has tried to restore relationships with his wife and daughter, Finesse, but his constant amnesia has prevented any lasting restoration.
Thorpocalypse

Namor: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another new for Aisle 2! And it's an IMPERIUS REX Special!

It's kind of you to ask, [Xavier]. But if I'm comprehending the real reason you're doing this, it's because you've finally realized that you are not them, and that they will never accept you or love you -- not because you don't deserve it -- but because you they envy you. They hate your superiority. And they always will. It's good that you've finally figured this out... but let me ask you: Do I strike you as someone who's just now realized how much better I am than everyone else? And do you actually think I believe that you fell that way too? Go away little man. And don't come back until you really mean it. - Namor

NAMOR
PL13

Height: 6-2
Weight: 278
Hair: Black
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Atlantis
Team Affiliations: Atlantean Royal Family; X-Men; Illuminati; The Invaders

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14 [15], STAMINA 11 [12], AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8/+12), Athletics (+14/+15), Deception 4 (+8/+10 [Attractive]), Expertise [Atlantean Lore] 8 (+10), Expertise [Royalty] 7 (+9), Insight (+4), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+4/+6) [Attractive], Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Status – Atlantean Royalty [may increase when he has the throne]), Favored Environment (Underwater), Languages (1) (English, German, Base: Atlantean), Power Attack (1) (Underwater), Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Aquatic: Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 6 pts
Mutant Physiology: Protection 2; 2 pts
Ankle Wings: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr; Extra: Aquatic, Flaw: Winged); 9 pts
Aquatic Mastery: Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited [only underwater]), Enhanced Strength 1 (Flaw: Limited [only underwater]), Enhanced Strength 5 (25,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited [to lifting only], Limited [only underwater]), Enhanced Stamina 1 (Flaw: Limited [only underwater]), Impervious Toughness 9 (Flaw: Limited [only underwater]); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +14; Underwater Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +13 (+13 without Defensive Roll, +14 when Underwater, +14 without Defensive Roll Underwater, +5 Impervious Underwater), Fortitude +12 (+13 when Underwater), Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Namor has a massive ego that has caused him to underestimate his opponents and also makes him very unapproachable by those he deems "unworthy".
Honor: Despite some of his questionable acts, he is an honorable man and will always keep his word.
Mental Instability: When he spends too much time underwater or on land, it affects his chemical balance and can make him irrational and moody.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He has had feelings for Sue Richards since the first time he laid eyes on her.
Reputation: He has flip-flopped from hero to villain many times and neither side trusts him completely.
Rivalry: He and Aquaman have had a long rivalry as each believes he is the rightful ruler of Atlantis. Currently Aquaman has the throne, but Namor has had it before and plans to have it again. However, they will put their differences aside for the greater good when situations are dire
Weakness: He becomes dehydrated when out of water for too long and can become impaired, disabled and eventually dying.

Abilities 106 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 28 + Defenses 15 = 177 / 177

Build Comments: I’m becoming more and more of a Namor fan as time goes in. He is a good fit with the X-Men and he has been good in the latest Defenders book as well. And he was a BOSS in Infinity and Time Runs Out.

In my setting, he and Aquaman have a long rivalry over who should rule Atlantis and they have had several battles and Namor has done some pretty backhanded things to get his way. But currently Aquaman is ruler, Namor is with the X-Men and is currently letting things go there, for now. When big things come up, though, they have worked together well, but neither really trusts the other and both of them keep an eye on Attuma.

Secret Origins: Captain Leonard McKenzie was on an expedition in 1920 to Antarctica, looking for the mystical Helmet of Power. His ship, The Oracle, was stuck in ice floes so McKenzie used explosive charges to break them up. Unknown to McKenzie, the ancient city of Atlantis was directly below. The city was severely damaged and the Atlantean ruler, Emperor Tha-Korr, commanded his daughter to send warriors to investigate the source of the deadly blasts. Not wanting to endanger anyone else, Princess Fen made the journey alone. On reaching the ship, Fen was immediately captured by one of the crew but not speaking each other’s languages, she was unable to communicate with anyone. Nonetheless having remained on board for a number of days, Princess Fen and Captain McKenzie fell in love and were married by the ship’s Chaplain. Weeks later Tha-korr sent a war party in search of his missing daughter. Thinking they held Fen captive, the Atlanteans attacked and killed all the humans on the ship including Leonard McKenzie. Fen was brought back to Atlantis and from that tragic marriage was born the first hybrid between a human and an Atlantean- Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

The Story so Far: Namor grew up with hatred for the surface world. He met Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch when he finally visited the surface world. But when Nazis attacked Atlantis, he joined Captain America against them. Namor was also allied with his cousin Namora who was also half human half Atlantean and shared many of the same powers. One fateful day after the war, a series of earthquakes rocked Atlantis, nearly destroying it. Thus destined to repeat his mother’s feat, Namor is ordered by his grandfather Emperor Tha-Korr to investigate. Namor tracked down the source of the attack to a cave in Antarctica where he found a man called Destiny who told him he is the one who attacked Atlantis with his Helmet of Power. Destiny used his mental powers to hold the Sub-Mariner still and show him Atlantis crumbling and his mother and grandfather crushed to death beneath the debris. Destiny then used his mental powers to give Namor amnesia and send him away to New York, where he wandered around as a hobo for a number of years. During this absence, Namora was thought to have been killed.

Eventually Johnny Storm of The Fantastic Four found Namor in a homeless shelter and recognising him, dropped him in New York harbour deciding water may cure the Atlanteans amnesia. Namor instantly recovered most of his memory and returned to where Atlantis had stood before his absence. However finding it abandoned and in ruins, assumed humans had destroyed it and went about warring with the surface world. He awakened the giant whale like monster Giganto and unleashed it on New York City. Namor also tried to claim the Invisible Woman as his own despite her relationship with Mister Fantastic. Namor and Giganto were both defeated by the Fantastic Four and he eventually found the new Atlantis, becoming monarch of the sub-sea empire. However Namor is constantly drawn back into surface world affairs and often finds himself battling both Earth’s super heroes and villains.

Characterization: Namor is the original "hotheaded" character in the Marvel cast of characters. He has been shown to act very impulsively with a short temper. Other times he can be quite civil. Caleb Alexander hypothesized in Namor, the Sub-Mariner that Namor's mood swings might be due to his hybrid nature, and more specifically an oxygen imbalance in his blood, that could be remedied by spending equal time above and below the waves. However, there is evidence to suggest Alexander's theory is not completely sound, and seems to ignore the Namor's upbringing and social status in Atlantis.

Friends and Foes: Recently he has allied himself with the X-Men, since he is considered a mutant. He remains close to his cousin Namora, and her daughter/clone, Namorita.

He has had a long rivalry with Aquaman, Ocean Master and Attuma as each has laid claim to the Throne of Atlantis over the years. With Aquaman currently being ruler, he has decided to support him for the time being while ruling Sub Diego, but he will never truly accept anyone but himself being ruler of Atlantis.
Jack of Spades

Re: J-Mart: Taskmaster, Namor

Post by Jack of Spades »

That is the ultimate Namor quote, ever. Where's it from?
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Harnos

Re: Apollo: Earth-T1

Post by Harnos »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 am Check out this new item for Aisle 1 as we continue to add to RESPECT MY AUTHORITY Specials!

Thinking about how I’m going to snap every bone in that clown’s body and shove his friend’s mace so far he’s going to need 8 years physiotherapy and a good proctologist to walk again. - Apollo

APOLLO
PL13

Height: 6-6
Weight: 275
Hair: Blonde

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception (+3/+5) [Attractive], Insight (+4), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Blast] 7 (+9), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Diehard, Favored Environment (Flying), Great Endurance, Interpose, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 13, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 25 pts
Flying: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr); 28 pts
Space Flight: Movement 1 (Space Travel 1 [Other Planets in Solar System]); 2 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (50,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Sun God: Environment 2 (60 ft radius; Light [reduce total concealment to partial and partial concealment to none]), Immunity 10 (Light/Heat Effects); 14 pts
Super Senses: Senses 5 (Normal Vision [Extended 2], Normal Hearing [Extended 2], Infravision); 5 pts
Solar Energy Control: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Solar Blast: Solar Energy Ranged Damage 15; 30 pts
Solar Burst: Burst Area Solar Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Solar Barrage: Ranged Multiattack Solar Energy Damage 10; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +5
Solar Energy Control +9 [Solar Energy Blast +15; Solar Energy Barrage +10, Multiattack]
Special Attacks [Solar Burst +13, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kaizen Gamorra, The Regis, and several other enemies that he has gathered as a member of The Authority and Stormwatch.
Prejudice: Apollo is openly homosexual.
Relationships: His husband, Midnighter, and his daughter Jenny Quantum. He remains close to his former teammates in The Authority as well.
Weakness: Apollo's powers are completely dependent on sunlight. Without solar energy for extended amounts of time, he loses his powers and his strength suffers impairment, disability, and finally incapacitation. Prolonged separation from solar energy can reduce Apollo to dying.

Abilities 100 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 112 + Defenses 15 = 242 / 242

Build Comments: Apollo is the Superman analogue of The Authority. He's never shown to be quite to Supes level, but a high level paragon nonetheless. He had some of the best smart ass lines in the series, too.

Secret Origins: Formerly a U.S. soldier, Apollo was a member of a secret experimental academy team created by the insane former Stormwatch Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Bendix's extensive alterations made Apollo almost a Sun God, with flight, superhuman strength and invulnerability, and heat vision. However, he needs frequent exposure to full sunlight to recharge his powers and his health. Unlike his lover, the Midnighter, Apollo may have volunteered willingly for the implant procedures that gave him his powers. Apollo has also lost all memory of who he was before his recruitment into the team.

Characterization: Apollo's abilities are powered by solar energy, which he absorbs from the Sun's UV rays, which he is also able to store limited quantities inside his body. The way in which Apollo absorbs sunlight is similar to photosynthesis. However, with no exposure to sunlight, he will quickly lose his powers, starting with his ability to fly. Apollo is able to quickly regain this ability with about 20 seconds of sunlight exposure, and will be fully charged in 2 hours. When at full power, Apollo can withstand the molten heat of the Earth's core, destroy entire spaceships by flying through them at imperceptible speeds, and practically level entire city blocks. He is also able to survive in the vacuum of space by simply not breathing, and he does not require food or drink to survive, although he enjoys both. Apollo has also demonstrated that he is capable of circling the globe in approximately sixty seconds. While the full range and extent of his powers are astounding, it is possible for his energy stores to become depleted if kept out of the sun long enough.

Friends and Foes: Apollo is closest to his husband, The Midnighter and their adopted daughter, Jenny Quantum. He remains close The Engineer as well as Jenny Sparks.
Nice build. I think PL 13 is fitting for his Authority days.