[OOC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze at this point isnt super clever or trained too much in deception. We got the hand signals and the like so honestly not sure how much more too ask.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I guess the other issue is that as a player, I don't want to leave the rest of the party waiting around while Chips investigates ahead of them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Makes sense. This runs into the classic pbp vs tabletop/discord game tine delay. While the party is sneaky, it isn't the best at infiltration as a group. It's not like in films where everyone dresses in a way that sort of fits in to get into the city. If Chips goes in, he's going in alone or maybe with Craze or Mind somehow in a bag or the like. They could try and sell some deception of capturing the group, another common trope, but I doubt the group has the deception to pull it off.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

With his +2 Deception, I see a lot of fail coming for Chips. But he has a reason for wanting to get good at this, and he needs to practice.

I don't know if this is the time to do that, especially since I don't usually run this type of character.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Is everyone alright with Kenseido having a scene or so of spotlight time while Chips does some infiltration and the others hang back a bit? With Mind you are all in mental contact and can give advice (good or bad) or socialize over distances. Tucking Craze and/or Mind into a backpack is an idea too. They are both small enough.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm fine giving Chips a chance to shine or Craze hiding in a bag.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yep, go for it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fine by me!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Good to see the support from the group. It is worth keeping in mind that Mind and Chips are character types that their players are not use to and this game's premise itself is an experiment for me.

Now if you are up for performing the infiltration Kensiedo, you have your response to Craze's question about going in loud or going in quiet.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I will try to get a post up later tonight.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get a post up for Craze tonight. Been I'll last few days.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Can I get some details on the guy and the lever?

Did he pull the lever after the hatch was closed? Is he holding it down or does it look like he is waiting to pull it?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At a glance .... The Servile is about five and a half feet tall. Scrawny. Oily, messy, brown hair. Wearing leather armor with a hood. He has the same kit as all the other bandits you fought: sword, knives, and javelins. The lever is exactly what it sounds like. a metal rod protruding from a slit in the stone wall. The Servile is holding onto it, waiting to pull it.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I don't know if anyone is questioning Chips' action; but even if he didn't think the lever was a trap or something to hurt the other PCs, moving on to be surrounded by rogues with a shaky ability to communicate seemed like an "instant dead" scenario. Maybe there were some roleplaying opportunities that I might be interested in, Chips isn't interested in these rogues. After hearing about the horror stories the ones in the town tell children and how these rogues are reacting, they clearly have nothing of use to say about Shapers.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:48 pm The Servile is holding onto it, waiting to pull it.
This is not how dead man's switches work. He would need to be holding it down, and it would spring up when he lets go. And I would have been ready for it.