[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

That is a really good idea.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ill get a post up tonight. Last night was a bit busy, but I've largely composed the post iny head. Just need to put it to keyboard
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm sorry Supernaturalist. I don't know how, but I've been overlooking your most recent Interludes post for days. An effort will be made to have a response up today.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I figured with soup kitchens even there would be ids needed and the like since setting up shop out of nothing to feed the homeless draws at least some attention from authorities. Also, setting up an encampment or multiple encampments short of homeless tents is likely to draw authority attention as well I figure. If dominion needs to be used, might need to spend that for a cover enterprise. I need to look at my notes if Diego knows of any existing orgs that can be highjacked
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You spent Dominion to establish the soup kitchens as a recruiting front. That covers all the details involved. If you are adding onto that, increasing it's scope or what it does/can do, then Dominion needs to be invested. The benefit being that this your organization, which you control.

If you want to piggyback off an established group, such as inviting the Catholic church or community minded volunteers to donate time money and recourse, I'll let you run with this without spending Dominion. But it will come with more Complications. It'll be run by people you don't control. People that may poke their nose where you don't want it and do things their way.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Actually I am thinking of tying the new org into a dual purpose one. One to be a sort of legit face for the housing of the army. Another for Diegos network unbeknownst to Iona and others. Not sure it would work, so need to think on it.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll get a post up for Iona later this evening. Normally, I don't get home 'til late on Tuesday/Thursdays but recurring pollen allergies (here in abnormally warm Georgia) have kept me home from work. :cry:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tomorrow night. Bit tired tonight.
Supernaturalist

Is it possible (in order to assuage Valkyrie's concerns) to lower the chance of mutation by extending the healing effect over a greater period of time? To be clear, could Iona adjust the chemical treatment so that the healing takes place over several days (perhaps even one week) instead of a mere day. The tradeoff being that the chance of mutation drops exponentially. That would allow Iona to approach the Major with a much more palatable offer, one in which Iona wouldn't deceiving the Major in any significant way (and would greatly lower the risk of harming her also).
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It's not the treatment the Major doesn't trust, it's Iona. Anything she suggests is going to be immediately suspect by the Major. That's what Iona needs to deal with.

Okay, yes she does mistrust the treatment. But it's because Iona is bringing it to her.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, Diego through Ionas various actions and the various interactions plus Sokolov.in general working against Null sorta subtly has gained a distrust of Iona. So, he's trying to gain allies against her for when the next subtle conflict between their respective masters happens. There was a couple times Diego was gaining trust, but in those instances it was dashed when he saw the conflicting nature of Iona.
Supernaturalist

Yes, Iona must have some kind of card to play when dealing with the Major. This will compel Iona to be up front/relatively honest about the risks. But if there is a legit way that Iona can lower the risks (with some kind of trade off), then the Major may soften (despite the general opinion of Iona around the base right now).
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well that's the challenge. When someone doesn't trust you, even when you are being completely honest and sound 100% sincere, they still think you're lying.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

She does have a card, but she's incurred quite a bit of charging on it already.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Is it possible (in order to assuage Valkyrie's concerns) to lower the chance of mutation by extending the healing effect over a greater period of time?
There is no chance of creating another meta-human. Subject 1 was a unique occurrence. Unless you work expressly towards it and invest Dominion in trying to recreate the process that created Subject 1's abilities (which will require the capture of Subject 1 to figure out exactly what happened and would be one or more story arcs unto itself) ... it will never happen again.

When you spend the Villain Point, the procedure will succeed perfectly, and when Iona invests Dominion, she'll be able to perform it at her leisure without anymore risk than a standard medical procedure. Though at that point I'll require that you have specialized equipment for the procedure, expressed mechanically as buying a Feature for your base.

As Kensiedo has pointed out, the issue isn't that the procedure is risky, it is that Major Karlsten doesn't trust Iona. Diego has been running a smear campaign on Iona for a while. Most recently, before Iona had a chance to talk to the Major, Diego snuck in and started bad mouthing Iona and Dr. Sokolov. Iona needs to overcome her own bad reputation, which Diego had a hand in creating.

I think MrDent is trying to get you to call Diego in to "ask for another favor". Really though, Diego should want the Major up and active. She's the most formidable asset you have access to. Or would be if she were healthy.

Even if Diego doesn't support Iona, there are things Iona can do to reassure the Major. Walking her through the procedure and showing proof of it's success (with some editing of details about Subject one mutating). She can get someone of note to vouch for her or her work, such as Corporal Sander or a medical professional. While Valkyrie is a Heroic NPC, and thus Persuasion checks cannot be used to sway her, Iona could still make an argument for why she is worthy of trust and that her work is safe.