[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Supernaturalist »

I just added Iona's roll for the Stealth check. She had to use an HP for a reroll.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Now that the die have been cast, I will say Iona setting a lab of horrors in the base will be very interesting.

Edit:

Since it's two days assuming we have the time, I can post a monologue of Diego doing minor chores/small things than grabbing two people probably by grabbing one, locking them in the boot of a car, changing into them, and kidnapping someone else. The kidnapping can also be played out as desired.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Go ahead and do a write up of Iona moving equipment around and making any other preparations. No one is going to stop her. But if people notice her, there will be an impact.

For Diego, it is alright to do a montage. Make three Stealth checks. One for each kidnapping and another for sneaking the people into the base. Even if he encounters a Stronghold patrol in the act he'd likely be able to dispatch a bunch of random nobodies or evade them. The long term effects of being noticed will matter though.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was hoping to get a post up tonight, but given the depth of the post I will hold until tomorrow night when I am not exhausted.
Supernaturalist

I'll get a post up this evening detailing Iona's preparations.
Supernaturalist

Actually, I 'll have to get that post up in the morning. :)
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I left Diegos post a little vague on detail since I'm not sure how much time he would have to choose victims and do planning. The intent was to get the skeleton in place so details I might not be aware ooc could be applied. I also added some rolls that made sense to add such as perception and invoking his expertise to supplement common sense type stuff.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The date is advancing to Monday, April 15, 2019 for Iona's experiment. Iona has her test subjects. Go ahead and take us through Iona's procedure. Include either a Physician or Biotech roll. I'm looking for a Super-Heroic result here. DC 35. If you meet that DC it mean's Iona makes enough progress in her first attempt that she has proven her concept to the point she feels comfortable proceeding to working with Valkyrie.

As you've committed yourself to eventually investing Dominion in this, and this is mostly narrative build up for Iona earning a Villain Point, if she fails the check, it means she requires more time, and needs to conduct more experiments. We won't play those out. This was always meant to be a "snap shot" of Iona's work, giving us a glimpse into her mad science. In about a week of dedicated focus on this, she will have ironed things out enough to make her procedure safe enough to use on Major Karlsten.

On another note, Kensiedo has written up a scene for Aiden. After Iona's interlude is concluded I will post that in the Interlude's thread. He has plans for a second scene as well. These are leading up to the next adventure the PCs will have with Aiden.
Supernaturalist

I'll get the post up this evening.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'm working on the post now. I'm almost certain to spend an HP on a reroll. Even doing that it is highly unlikely that she'll get a 20 on either roll (which would be required for a success with the +15 bonus). Nevertheless, Iona would like to have the first attempt at the procedure to be as close to perfect as possible in order to minimize the amount of "tweaking" that will be needed for future operations.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Did Diego get the sense he was being tracked or that it was just a heightened sense of paranoia?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego was definitely being followed by drones for a while. But he would eventually be able to shake them. That ties into the aspect of taking an extra day to deliver the test subjects to Iona. Since he has committed to helping Iona acquire victims for her experiments, Diego is going to be busy kidnapping people for the duration of this story segment.

Is there anything more you want to play out for this bit of Iona's personal story? Do you feel Iona is ready to approach Valkyrie? If not, we can switch gears to Diego's endeavors.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

In terms of Ionas story nope. If he has free time he'd scope out the Jaguar territory assuming he doesn't get the impression Stronghold hasn't found a easy way to follow him in his native form.
Supernaturalist

I'll try to get up a post tomorrow. Work will be unusually busy the next couple of days.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Thank you for the heads up Supernaturalist.

MrDent, if Diego poaches people from Jaguar territory, that is going to cause issues. You'll have Stronghold and the Jaguars after you. At that point I'm not going to hand wave you getting away for narrative sake. That would also negatively impact any plan to call in favors with Iona and go a diplomatic route with acquiring the Black Heart. Given all the leg work involved in kidnapping 15 people while avoiding Stronghold and his normal administrative duties, he isn't going to have time for side projects. Diego is solidly busy during that week.

We will be taking time for Diego and his personal story before moving on to other things. Don't worry about that. Is Diego's intent to call in favors with Iona? It would allow Iona to join in on Diego's story, if you want that. Otherwise, we can try to take advantage of Supernaturalist's busy work scheduel and do some solo storytelling for Diego.