Battletech

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Shock

Re: Battletech

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:02 am I've got to ask, given you're kind of our resident Battletech expert: Is that old Battletech cartoon as hated by the community as I've seen it suggested some places online?
I'm not sure "hated" is the right term. It's incredibly cheesy so most treat it as more of a silly meme than anything else.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

well really its a Saturday morning cartoon of a Tabletop mini game where political actiona and intrigue is mxied with giant stompy mechs in a galaxy wide civil war thats varies from cold to engulfing multiple systems in genocidal campaigns based on centuries old grudges

And thats all BEFORE the Clans get involved

its like if they made a saturday morning cartoom of warhammer 40k called the SPACE MARINES with brutish orks and a sneering chaos sorcerer as the main villain and a heroic square jawed Ultramarine as the MC
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

In the nerd circles I move in, the Battletech cartoon is mostly remembered with a sort mixture of nostalgia and cringe. Like, we all remember thinking it was pretty cheesy even when we were kids, but it certainly wasn’t the worst cartoon of its era and the CGI ‘Mech fights were pretty cool (although they’ve aged horribly). So I think nobody actually hates it, but I don’t think anyone actually likes it.

Funny thing, however, is that FASA officially stated in a couple sourcebooks that the show exists in universe as a piece of Inner Sphere entertainment and anti-Clan propaganda.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.