AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (OOC)

Post by kenseido »

Just a reminder that the museum people will be less cooperative than the police, and they do not have comply. Also, there are some requests that no Persuasion check can pass.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I can't move anything forward without railroading people.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was a bit distracted with sick kids and two major projects I am driving a work kicking off at the same time. So, was distracted a bit. Should be caught up now.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

So that we're all on the same page: The ladies are going to scout out the three museums. Scouting. Not flashing badges or otherwise making their AEGIS presence obvious. For example, Evelyn is going to be in plain clothes. Elizabeth can check out the artifacts on display prior to that, but it'll be better for Cody and Evelyn to be the ones talking to the staff. Ideally together.

After Kodiac and Cody introduce themselves to the police, and see what kind of help or information they can get from the APD then we (Cody and Evelyn) approach the museum people.

Since the aim is subtly and low impact ... Kodiac should keep his distance. Gillian, if there is something you can think of for Kodiac to do that won't spook people that may be casing the museums I am open to ideas there.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

That's a good point, I had been thinking he could be a bit of a distraction visiting a different exhibit in the museum as a normanish visitor but yeah if the criminals are also casing at the same time, it could be an issue. On the other hand I don't think anyone would be aware that he is now a member of Aegis and the last time he was active was over 20 years ago in Canada.

Otherwise Kodiac could stay at the base while the rest of the team scopes out the museum or visit a cafe a block or 2 away, where he could arrive quickly if things go wrong.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

A bearman coming out of hibernation, getting a bit of culture in, isn't too strange if you discount the whole bearman appearance. A distraction might be useful as well. Whoever isn't looking at the bearman becomes a suspect.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We do not need a distraction right now. That would be detrimental to maintaining a low profile. I also rather not straight up bench Kodiac for a large chunk of time.

Maybe he can do some coordinating with the police, away from the museums? If we had criminals to integrate for information, I'd point him at them.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

That is am option as well otherwise I am happy to act in reserve if required.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I had to edit out a line from the post. I thought Supernaturalist was going to buy a Magical Awareness or Sense.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Also for clarification, Cody is still bringing alcohol, but will have a witty reply to Bulwark.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

No worries. Cody is smart enough not to be obvious about it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is it safe to assume Cody would have the Aegis manual memorized given his eidetic memory and that there is a section on gifts to other parties like most federal agencies?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

He's been in AEGIS long enough to have done so if you think he would put in the effort.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cool.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Without a check, Madame Macabre has no chance of getting anything but a canned response.