[Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [Main IC] MnM 3e - Geneforge: the Created

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

init: 23
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points: 2; Condition: Fine

"Look out everyone!" Meat Shield sends over the mental link. "You've all been spotted! Ten bandits moving to take you by surprise from behind!"

They do their best to send an impression of where the bandits are relative to the others over the mental link whilst moving into a good position to attack the bandits from behind.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Meat Shield mentally exclaims their warning. The others hear their thought-speak, but also get flashes of images. Locations of the forest. Leather clad hooded figures with javelins and bladed weapons. Axes and swords. All old and dented. When you start to turn or otherwise show signs of noticing them the bandits put aside stealth and rush to attack!

OOC wrote:Since Meat Shield chose to warn the others, there is no surprise round.

There are 10 bandits. The leader counts as a Heroic NPC, acting just as a PC. The rest are "Tough Minions". You may not take 10 when targeting them and the require 2 degrees of failure before suffering full effects.

Mind and Chips are up. You may post in any order.

Initiative wrote: Mind
Chips
Bandit Leader [Heroic NPC ; HP 1]
Bandit Veterans [x9 ; Tough Minions]
Meat Shield
Pounce
Craze
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0; Condition: Fine

Chips skin gets hard and his hand extends out into a sword as he moves up to the enemy closest to D'Tan.
Blade Hand: 1d20+8 17
DC21 Toughness
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 1, Fatigued

The mind reaches out with it's mental might, attempting to disarm the lead bandit of their weapon.

Telekineses: 20 DC 17?
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Chips runs at the nearest Servile, trampling brush under foot. The plunges his blade into the bandit's chest. The metal-hard extensiono of Chips punches through the leather armor and comes out the creation's back. Chips can feel the warms of the Servile around his blade. Feel the blood coating it. Slick and warm.

Mind lashes out with a psionic tendril, swiping at the most imposing and formidable looking of the bandit. They aimed to strike at the javelin in their target's hand, but the bandit jerked his hand back, and bounded to the side. Nimbly evading the attack.

The bandits each had a javelin in one hand, ready to surprise you with an attack from a distance. But the surprise was thwarted by Meat Shield's keen sight, and two of you have already attacked preemptively. They switch tactics and draw their swords, then rush into close quarters with most of you.

Those of you who had presented yourselves at threats at already, Chips and Mind, as well as the most physically imposing, Meat Shield, receive the majority of the bandit's attention. Two rush at each of you, slashing and stabbing with their relic blades. More often than not the aggressive assault on these three proves successful in landing blow.

Craze, who is almost always overhead and some distance from the ground, requires that his attacker launch a javelin up into the air at him. The metal head of the weapon strikes the avian true.

Both Pounce and D'Tan get paired up with one attacker each. Both of them are able to avoid the initial on rush and compose themselves for their own response in quick order.

OOC wrote: I noticed that I forgot D'Tan in the initiative order. Even though I rolled for him. The Initiative list/order has been updated.

Chip hits his target. The Bandit Veteran get's taken down.

Mind's Disarm roll does not include the -5 to for trying to Disarm someone at range. Precise isn't enough to counter this. You need Improved Disarm. Which makes his result 15. That misses the Bandit Leader.

Two Veterans attack Mind. Both hit. That's two DC 20 Tough checks.

Two Veterans attack Chips. One hits. Make a DC 20 Tough check.

Two Veterans attack Meat Shield. One hits. He needs to make a DC 20 Tough check.

One Veteran attacks Craze. They hit, Make a DC 19 Tough check.

Once Veteran attacks Pounce. They miss.

The Leader attacks D'Tan. He misses.

Meat Shield and Pounce are up. You may post in any order.

Chips
Bandit Leader [Heroic NPC ; HP 1]
Bandit Veterans [x8 ; Tough Minions]
Meat Shield
Pounce
D'Tan [Heroic NPC ; HP 1]
Craze
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Meat Shield
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points: 2; Condition: Fine
OOC wrote: Meat Shield Toughness Check: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29

Meat Shield easily shrugs off the blow of the bandit's sword.
Meat Shield gives the two bandits a cheerful smile and steps forward, arm swinging forward in an open palm strike towards the bandit who hit them.
OOC wrote: Meat Shield's Open Palm Hammer Strike on a bandit: 1d20+7 14

If that hits, it's Move Object 7 (Away Only) + bludgeoning Damage 6.

FOr the former it's a DC17 Strength Check or be slammed away (a 200 lb object would go 900 feet, through given where they are I imagine they'd probably hit a tree a lot sooner than that), plus a DC21 Toughness Check against the force of the blow.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0; Condition: Bx1, Dazed

The sword strike catches Chips hard, driving him to his knees. He grunts through the pain and rises back to his feet.
TOU save: 1d20+7 10
Bx1, Dazed
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 2
CND: -1 toughness

Despite being hit, Craze is able to fly just enough to only feel a slight cut from the Javelin.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Pounce hissed loudly at the bandit who had attacked her- but there were bigger problems. The largest bandit was attacking the Shaper! Almost instinctively, without regard for the bandit who attacked her, Pounce leapt down from her perch and sprang to the Shaper's side, lashing out at the most impressive bandit...

>OOC: Charge the lead bandit, attacking with Claw Swipe. 1d20+6= 16; roll https://orokos.com/roll/967146
- Not feeling great about that roll, since I'm trying to help our Shaper, I'll use one of the 2 "community" HP (before I forget about them again) to reroll that. Charge reroll 1d20+6= 20, roll https://orokos.com/roll/967147
-Hopefully THAT hits. If so, DC 19 Toughness check, and since that is a Charge hit, Pounce will make her free Trip check 1d20+9= 10, roll https://orokos.com/roll/967148 I don't know if a 1 is an auto-fail here- if not, the bandit leader can defend with Acrobatics (since Pounce has Improved Trip, she gets to choose here)
-End turn adjacent to bandit leader (prone or not); if she can get BETWEEN the the leader and D'Tan, then do so
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The bandit sneers in response to Meat Shield's smile, then weaves to side as the larger creation thrusts their palm in a straight forward power attack.

Pounce leaps from her perch and tackles the bandit leader to the group. His head bounced off the forest floor and a for a moment the Servile was out of sorts, dazed by the impact.

"Get off me you furball!"

... the hooded Servile explained once he realized there was a ferocious feline weighing him down.

D'Tan's dark eyes followed the blur of Pounced diving tackle as she flew through the air and speared his attacker to the earth. No longer impeded by an immediate threat to his person he swept his gaze over the ensuing battle while his hands moved to his belt. In one hand he collected his helmet composed of chitin. The other drew his Thorn Baton. After dawning the helmet he drew a bead on the Servile that had thrown a javalin at Craze. His light skinned fingers gripped the weapon's tail, and a thffp sounded just before the dart punched through his target. There was a spray of blood from the exit wound in his back, just before the bandit collapsed to the ground.

OOC wrote:We have auto-fails and critical hits on attack rolls. Other checks don't

Meat Shield misses.

Pounce's charge hits. She also wins the opposed check for the Trip. since Pounce is literally leaping through the air, tackle-diving the guy, I'll say she is able to knock him away from D'Tan, creating more space. She can also be on top of him if you like.

D'Tan dawns his helmet and draws his Thorn Baton as a Move Action. Then he fires a Thorn at one of the bandits that are not in melee with someone and kills them.

Craze, Mind, and Chips. You are up and may act in any order.

Chips
Bandit Leader [Heroic NPC ; HP 1 ; -1 Dmg Res, Dazed. Prone]
Bandit Veterans [x7 ; Tough Minions]
Meat Shield
Pounce
D'Tan [Heroic NPC ; HP 1; Thorns 2]
Craze
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Craze
HP: 2
CND: -1 toughness

Sweeping through the trees, Craze goes for the largest cluster of non melee bandits and lets out a disorienting vibration that comes across as a sickening caw. Like a bomber ona. bombing run, he heads back into the trees sticking to the air.
Caw of Confusion: Affliction 7(Will save, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; Extras: Area Cone +1/rank)
Caw of Confusion DC 17 Will
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mind
HP: 1 > 0, Fatigued

Toughness: 9, 26 Gonna be burning that last HP to avoid being staggered.
Toughness: 11+10 Dice aren't my friend, but it's a pass regardless.

The strange sharpened sticks were an unexpected factor. In truth, the Mind hadn't expected this many of the Serviles would come to investigate this one particular trap. Were they originally closer by than expected?

Lifting it upward into the air, it tried to use the treeline as cover while itself remained unhindered by such constraints. It felt the neural activity of one of the two which made to attack it, and went about trying to halt it.

Mental Lance: DC 19 Will (Subtle, Insidious)
------------
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Chips
HP: 1, LP: 0; Condition: Bx1, Dazed (until Veteran's actions)

Chips resets his stance after the serious blow. He wants to move back to Shaper D'Tan's side, but doing so would cause these two to follow him. Then they might choose to attack Shaper D'Tan instead of Chips. So he will deal with these two before moving closer to him.

He slashes his blade hand but doesn't have the right balance and misses wildly.
Blade Hand: 1d20+8 9
Miss
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pounce!
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: normal

Pounce grunted softly with the impact of her charge, then rolled to her feet and took a position in front of their Shaper- from hunting ornks, she knew better than to get entangled with her prey, since she didn't have enough mass to be an effective impediment.

But anything that wanted to injure the Shaper would have to get past her first...

>OOC: No need to be on top of the servile- without grapple feats, I'm not sure how effective that would be. Rather be up and able to interpose.