[IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Insert Coin To Continue

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] Superheroics Unlimited: Press Any Button to Start

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The elemental has barely any time to react as it's assaulted by forces wholly unseen, flames being shoved into the wall behind leaving a massive scorch of soot. Chained by that nascent mage, doused in the quenching waters again, and now this was happening. When it'd agreed to this binding of blood, it'd never imagined to have been tossed around so easily by midgard's pitiful mortal 'gods'. All it need was to get free and then it would-!

Any thoughts it had left were vanquished in moments by the flash barrage of prismatic light. Primal screams of pain come from the creature as it's form is torn asunder, leaving nothing but sparkling embers. Rainbow's chat goes absolutely wild at the sight of such an overwhelming victory, as to be expected of their favorite heroine.

For his part, the dwarf scowls as he feels the connection shared with the fiend snapped within seconds of being reestablished. Attempts to Get payback are thwarted before they can start by an energetically sheathed fist. Lights flash before his eyes and he's sent staggering back several steps before regaining his footing. <"Ah, another Valkyrie seeks to drag me back, hm? You'll have to catch me first!"

Absinthe breaths in deeply through his mouth and nose, a yellow glow swelling up from within. His cheeks puff as he closes his lips tight, smoke flaring from his nostrils. He manages to crack a smirk just before he turns his head down at his feat and belches outward a torrent of fire and smoke. The force of the explosive exhale is enough to send him flying into the air like a rocket, arcing high into the air before he begins to tumble backwards. Turning about in mid-air, he's able to slow his fall with another burst of flames, before ultimately landing in a tumble next to the three knocked out civilians.

He turns to to the opened door and shouts, wholly ignoring Hellcat's presence for now. "<Stop playing around in there, I'll need backup out here!>"

Within the warehouse, a woman had just spotted Operative's glow and yelled out in blind rage, alerting everyone within to her presence. She and another try to tackle the hero to the ground, but are utterly unsuccessful against the skilled operative. Before hearing the call of it's master, the Alemental takes a shot against it's earlier foe to some measure of success. It begins sloshing backwards and away, heading towards a door she can see on the far end.

GM: Next turn about!
Dice
Toughness: 22 First
Tougjness: 9 Ouch, and that's enough!
Perception(beerserker)15 I'd say that's enough to notice, now.
Attack(Beeserker)9 A miss!
Attack:(Beerserker)16 A miss!
Attack(Alemental)28 A solid hit against Operative!
Toughness:22 A good hit! 2nd degree!

Absynthe: 27 (-1)
Operative: 23 (-1, Fatigued) [DC 22 Damage!]
Hellcat: 23
Warlock: 18 (Fatigued)
Octogirl: 19 [Dodge 20, Toughness 25/20]

Beerserkers(Male): 6
Rainbow Star: 12 GM:
Exemplar: 11
Beerserkers(Female): 8
Alemental: 0

Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

The Operative
CND: -2, Fatigued, Dazed 1 turn. HP: 1 JuryRig: 2
Utility Belt: Relocation disks
Projection System: Hard light generator
Scanner Suite: Visual gain penetrating, radius

"Guys, there's the alemental and a whole... alcoh-hoard in he.... *gah*" she says dodging the beerzerkers then getting tagged by the liquid being.
Toughness: 1D20+9-1 = [7]+9-1 = 15
2 degrees, -1 and dazed
Putting aside how they were seeing through her stealth field she sought to get away from the enemies surrounding her but moving didn't help the situation. They needed to delay the sheer number of enemies from overwhelming them. She shifted to solid light projection, her stealth field dispersing as she landed. She put up a solid wall covering the garage entrance to force the hoard to find alternate means.
[I drew in the line of the wall she's creating on Roll 20, just one action available to her. Daze Ends.]

Maggie Cole:

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I admittedly didn't quite take into account the full stealth field, take a hero point for my mistake Vivid.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Vivid wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:20 am "Guys, there's the alemental and a whole... alcoh-hoard in he.... *gah*" she says dodging the beerzerkers then getting tagged by the liquid being.
Hellcat
HP: 2; LP: 0, condition: Normal

Parker didn't drink or party as much as most teenagers did, but she had seen enough redemption story vids to know what an AA meeting looked like. "Just get 'em to pull their chairs into a circle, and see who wants to get sober first. On second thought, never mind. I'm on it..." She maneuvered around the booze-dwarf and into the warehouse, "running" upside-down along the ceiling to engage the inebriated enforcers... "Little Hellcat Foo-Foo, hoppin' through the warehouse, scoopin' up the drunkos and boppin' 'em on the head..."

>OOC:
-Move into warehouse via Flight to engage beerserkers. Attack with Speed Punch, Power attack +2/-2, using routine action attack against minions.
This is +10 to hit (+12 base, -2 PA), and DC 23 Toughness resist, and continues until one resists or she runs out of targets. She is moving upside down, mostly along the ceiling of the warehouse, dipping down to tag each beerserker before moving on.

-Anyway, once she runs out of targets or one successfully resists, she will move back out of the warehouse through the same door she entered and move back to top of one of the trucks at the NE corner of the map.

>OOC 2: (Array)
Spoiler
+11pp (Im-practical Physics): Flight 3 (+Precise, +Subtle), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Favored Environment- flying); Movement 1 (Environmental adaptation- unusual orientation)
+20pp (Fight Like Hell): Enhanced Attributes 4 (STR +2, FGT +2), Enhanced Dodge +2, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Defensive roll x2, Power attack, Takedown x2), Enhanced Skill 2 (Close Combat- Speed punch +4), Speed punch (STR +2 damage, close/unarmed; +Subtle 1- Rapid senses)
(31/31pp assigned)(T8/P12/D12, 250ft flight)
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Fatigued

Well, that was one elemental fiend down. Turning to Warlock, RS puts her hand up for a high five! "Nice teamwork friend! And this time we didn't get the steam bath after!" her tone was light, her comment not intended to pick fun at the unintended side-effects of her and Warlock's last encounter with the fire fiend, but to make light of the past situation in general. After all, no-one was seriously hurt by it.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Warlock
HP: 1; Cond: Fatigued

Warlock grinned, a little bit out of breath as he returned the high-five from the flyine heroine in glowing neon. "Yes, well, that's thanks to you. Didn't have to smash a column of water into it this time... Just let it be buried under a barrage of light-blasts..." Taking a moment to re-adjust and think quickly, Sam/Martin made a decision. Fingers twitching as he strummed the energy of his Raiment of the Exorcist buff, he dispelled it to send the energy through his body and into his cloak. Already rippling in the air, winds circled the wizard and sent his cloak billlowing. "Now, the Ale-mental is likely inside the warehouse causing a ruckus, but the villain who summoned it is on the other side. What say you we catch this mischievous dwarf?"

Summoning the arcane energy into his hands, the Warlock surged forward, flying far quicker than he had been before while the Raiment of the Exorcist buff had been on, though still a little winded from the earlier exertions. When he reached the other edge of the warehouse roof, Martin cried out, "Halt, dvergr! Your mischief on Midgard shall come to an end, for you face the Blistering Bolts of Baradun!" And with that he flung out his hand, sending a calamitous bolt of eldritch power streaking towards the diminutive elemental-summoner. "Surrender yourself or return to whichever realm you came from, villain!" the sorcerer declared, as his bolt smashed into the ground below, missing the dwarf but showing the might of his arcane power.
OOC wrote:Swap Hedge Magic for Levitation. Move to X-23/Y-13. Blast Absinthe with Blistering Bolts of Baradun. Blast: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13 Well, that definitely missed. Probably just hit the ground next to him or something. :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The commotion inside the warehouse heats up as the Operative puts up a protective barrier, blocking off the enthralled goons. Flickign in out of sight behind them, Hellcat winds herself up to go full throttle against these inebriated ingrates- only to find her momentum entirely thrown off on the first blow by a man just barely weathering her initial strike. Subjective time starts to crank to a halt as her attacks are thrown off, and she retreats back outside.

For his part, the beerserker turns around to find where that rock came from, finding nothing at all.

When Warlock musters up his arcane strength and lashes out towards the dwarf, Absinthe doesn't even bother making to dodge as his eyes follow the bolt's path. He looks back around to the Warlock, brow raised as he continues speaking in his Nordic language. "<You know I can't understand you, right? A few of those words are familiar, but the rest is just mortal nonsense.>"

GM: Sheesh, I didn't expect to actually make the save so soon. Well, dice do as they will. Octogirl still needs to move!
Dice
Toughness:24 First target tanks it, breaking the chain before it starts!

Absynthe: 27 (-1)
Operative: 23 (-2, Fatigued)
Octogirl: 19 [Dodge 20, Toughness 25/20]
Rainbow Star: (Fatigued)

------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Octogirl takes another swing at Absynthe, moving as needed. The blow lands with a resounding crunch and a happy little ditty plays as well.

Attack DC 29 tough (crit 18-20): 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27 DC 34 tough
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: You need to make your saves, please.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Absinthe grunts as the heavy blow comes down on him, just barley bring up his armguards to block the strike. He shouts behind him, and from within the building several enraged men begin pouring out of the woodwork. Only a couple of them manage to breach outside, but they both seem to be sticking close to the dwarven man.

GM: Octogirl, take an HP as I rerolled his save. Beerserkers take double moves to leave the warehouse.
Map
Dice
Toughness:17 Hmm... Bit too soon for him to be staggered in my opinion. I'm rerolling.
Toughness:29 Was always going to be a failure, but this time it's just a bruise.

Absynthe: 27 (-2)
Octogirl: 19 (-1)

------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

RAINBOW STAR
[HP:1] Cond: Fatigued

With her big attacks on cooldown with the use of her barrage to take out the flame elemental, RS had to stall a bit for time. After a quick moment of thinking, she had it. Flying after Templar, she pauses briefly while passing. "I'll get his attention on me when you get the opening!"

Continuing on, the heroine flies right into the group of enemies at the back entrance, making sure they know she's there before stopping behind them and a little above, just inside physical reach to make herself a tempting target. "Hey guy. You really should look into better help. We just took out your flame guy, again. I don't think he's even gonna let you summon him again." she smirks and motions like she's charging up, and throws her arms forward in a feint like she's about the blast the villain to make him flinch and react to it.
Let's hope this works..... first let's try the Feint. Deception VS Insight or Deception: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10 Ouch.... I mean, he could botch his opposed check....unless his bonus is 9 in which case it's automatically a tie. ._.

IF that somehow manages to work, RS will spend the hero point for a Heroic Feat to pick up Set-Up and give the benefit of the feint to Warlock, who should be able to see this, and was given some hint that RS was attempting something.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Rainbow can practically feel the utter skepticism coming through from Absinthe's player as she throws her mock attack. His only in character reaction being the quirking of an especially bushy eyebrow, the dwarf speaking in response. "<Was that meant to be intimidating? Idiot mortals.>"

GM: Oof. Sadly, it is at least a +9. I like the teamwork though.
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Exemplar
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Exemplar reaches out with her mind, and touches that of Absinthe. Suddenly all of his senses shut down as she imposes an illusion of absolute nothingness upon him.

*I have shut down all of his senses!* she telepathically informs the others. *Hopefully this will help you all!*
OOC wrote: Sorry for the slow reply; didn't notice I was up!

Illusion – 7 (All Senses; 125 cubic feet), Limited: One Subject [Mental Illusions]

He may be able to notice it's an illusion, but it doesn't have a resistance check, so not sure whether he can break out of or ignore it...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exemplar begins to perform her illusionary attack, intent at the forefront of her mind. When time came to put thought into form, she felt an idea blossom to create an illusion pertaining to nothing at all. Yet as the ability triggered her player briefly feels mental shock as shard-speak plays in her mind, *Attempt to cast ID:324-0918-71a failed, parsing for equivalency... Equilibrium achieved. Casting "Blindness Deafness" instead.*

Apparently, there were limits to what her illusionary abilities could achieve in their core modules.

The dwarf regardless of the effect in question is taken aback by the momentarily disorientation only to recover seconds later with a shake of his head. Durrign his distraction, two more civilians make their approach to the outside, while the Alemental is right behind. Absynthe grins as he spies what must've been his favored lieutenant, shouting something in his langague. It plunges a hands into it's own chest, and nonsensically seems to withdraw wooden tankard filled to the brim.

The dwarf takes it and downs it in one, suddenly feeling far more invigorated in spite of his injuries. takes a few steps forward, tumbling purposefully to get a low angle as raging torrents of flame billow from his mouth. Octogirl and the Warlock are directly in it's path!

GM: The Beerserkers double move; The alemental moves and then performs an action; Absynthe moves to avoid hitting his minions and performs an attack! Both Octogirl and Warlock are caught in the blast, make DC 25 toughness saves, DC 20 dodge saves to halve the effect!
Dice Rolls

Will Save: 21 Despite all the confusion, he still makes his save regardless. Go figure, that.
Heal: 18 Two degrees!

Absynthe: 27
Warlock: 18 (Fatigued) [DC 20 dodge; DC 25/20 toughness]
Octogirl: 19 (-1) [DC 20 dodge; DC 25/20 toughness]

------------