[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Negatory on that one, but she'll just keep watch outside for now.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hm, what's this? A talking fox? Now that's a new one. You'd fit right in with in my neo-retro anime stock." She glances at the shelf full of destroyed figurines and torn up merchandise. "Well, what's left of it."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:27 pm Philip upon reaching the HBJ finds the swordsman he'd direct there before tied up just as was expected, though at this point the enthrallment had worn off. Currently he was trying to struggle against his own self-imposed bindings, freezing up only when he spots the vampire again. Though he scowls, he says nothing more. The HBJ, for it's part, sits largely inert with it's engine running showing no signs of distress. Not that he'd be able to pick up on them if there were that is, so perhaps the machine was actually highly distressed.
Phillip inspects the bonds and nods. "Well done." he compliments the thoroughness of the bindings.

He reads over the text calling him into the shop and doesn't think leaving the swordsman on the street tied to a vehicle.

Phillip takes time catching the man's gaze again to reassert his will. Even if it takes multiple tries he'll eventually command the man to be unresisting. He'll hoist the tied man over a shoulder and head into the antique shop.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

"We're gathering some information. Apparently we should check out a restaurant called The Paper Dragon," Felix says, tapping each of the phones one by one with his staff to unlock them.

Turning his attention to the old lady he considers the wreckage, "I'd offer to put it back together, but I suspect you'd prefer the evidence of our, uh, visit."

"We're looking for the missing people, possibly ones they transferred through here. Any thoughts on where we should look for them if the restaurant doesn't pan out?"
He pauses to look at the people on the ground, "Oh, and where we could find any these idiots pushing a protection racket. I have a friend who'd love to meet them."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The woman shakes her head, "I don't know of anywhere else, they've got territory in most of the shops around here, but the Dragon's the only one they operate exclusively. As for the idiots, a few of them are bleeding my floor over there."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix snorts, "I meant ones we hadn't already pummeled into the floor. Yet."

He looks over at Cheyenne, "Should we take them outside and glue them to a wall upside down?"

He personally thought removing their pants would probably make in more humiliating, but that would involve having to take their pants off. That was just a double-edged sword of punishment.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: 0 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Domination

Phillip will set the captured and bound swordsman down. Summoning dark strength he held the man's head in his hands and gently but firmly pried his eyes open. "Look into my eyes..."

When he finally succeeds in binding the man's will he orders he man to be honest and asks him to confirm the old woman's information and add anything else he might know.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man tries to resist even through Philip's compulsion, and in a fit of apparent cleverness he manages to speak as commanded but in Japanese. Cheyenne, a fairly fluent speaker, has little trouble in translating the man's valiant attempt. From his comments it seems the woman was being truthful, along with a threat that the Empress would see that she was punished for this act of rebellion. When pressed, he hesitantly reveals that he dosn't actually know what the woman looks like, he was only a lower-ranked enforcer. He seems to think that she might be a public figure keeping her ties to the Quince secret.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip will also pass the lightsaber thing over to Felix. Maybe the technomage can figure a use for it.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress
He pauses to look at the people on the ground, "Oh, and where we could find any these idiots pushing a protection racket. I have a friend who'd love to meet them."
Cheyenne grins wickedly at that and flexes a fist experimentally. She really did love meeting protection rackets,
He looks over at Cheyenne, "Should we take them outside and glue them to a wall upside down?"
"Im prone to hanging them upside down by their ankles but glue with do nicely." She nods in cheerful agreement
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So, now what?" Foxy says.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix takes the sword to add to his newly growing collection of high tech weaponry.

With a subtle gesture he activates Hack and Slash, the red and the blue drones launching from the back of his coat, "I'm all out of rope, but I've got a brand new batch adhesive foam."

He clears his throat and steps over to the mind controlled man, "As for you. In the off chance you actually remember any of this; Let me put this in terms you'll understand."

"I. Am in the protection business. And you. Are my new client," He says cheerfully, "That old woman there? Her long-term wellbeing is what that protection is going to cost you. And if she gets so much as a scratch on her, I'm going to release my recording of you spilling your guts to Empress, and I'm going to tell this one," He points at Cheyenne, "That you hurt an old lady."

"Then your only question is which one catches you first."

He takes the man's wallet and phone then smiles, "Good luck with that."

He quickly realized he was going to need to build more arms, and probably some kind of exoframe to allow him to carry all that weight. Thankfully it was pretty easy to come up with reasons for why the others should help him gather up the high tech weapons rather than leaving them for whoever came by next.

He sent a message to the Herkimer Battle Jitney asking if it could come pick them up, please, then worked with Cheyenne to secure the prisoners.

Once they're working without an audience he offers his suggestion, "We should probably go check out the restaurant. I'm hoping Foxy can scout it for us and let us know if the hostages are there, or if there is a hidden restaurant area. I also stole all their phones and wallets so we can check to see if they have anything in their texts... and uh, order pizza when we're done, I guess."
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: 0 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Domination

"Oh, he'll remember... Wait, that sounded more ominous than intended. I mean, my abilities don't make a person forget things." the geeky EMT says potentially undermining an otherwise good line for coercion.

"Uh, yes, checking out this restaurant seems like a good idea though I should be warn that I think the Empress is a powerful vampire - one of the original Inheritors of the condition rather than one made subsequently." Phillip says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Steadfast resolve is carved behind the man's glasses as the wizard stepped up to him, having pilfered the weapons they'd worked so hard to obtain. This was a man who'd dealt with the pains that came with both immigrating the states, falling in with criminals to make end's meet, and then the chaos of Inheritance as it rocked the balance of power in the criminal underworld. Then Felix spoke, carefully eroding the confidence he'd built up for years.

A sound of clutter caused him to flick his eyes over to the old woman. At some point she'd found the time to duck away and pick up a large push broom and start the fight's debris out the door. She turned to him, eyes open in thin slits and gave him a wide cheery smile. The quince thug shuddered. Looking back to the wizard, his voice had a couple false starts before he spoke. "H-hai... Yes. Of course. Thank you for your.. Generosity."

With the potential help of the rest of the Mythos crew, the rest of the thugs soon found themselves adhered to the sides of various buildings as some form of message to the Quince. The HBJ gave an almost reluctant form of reply to it's master, as if it was ashamed about something, but it was soon driving around the corner nonetheless.

Next to Philip the tall construct stepped up, crossing arms and looking over the battlefield. "Yf they are a vampyr, thanne it ys my solemn duty as a knight of the realm to put an ende to this rogue monstrosity."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Um... yes." Phillip says stepping slightly away from the intense construct. "I'll... uh, be in the vehicle, looking into this restaurant. Whenever you're ready..." he makes a 'come on out' motion.