Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Free World Council! Spell Thief! Space Warlock!)

Post by Davies »

Heh, deliberate anthitheses of Warhammer's Necrons.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Necron Warrior

Post by Jabroniville »

NECRON WARRIOR O.C.C.
Role:
Techno-Phobic Space Soldier
PL 10 (95)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Space Soldier) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 7 (Gear- Armor & Blasters), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Psionics" (Telepathy & Empathy- Limited to Symbiotes)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Rifle +9 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8 (+9 Armor), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Hatred (Technology)- Necrons despise technology.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 3 + Psionics / Defenses: 9 (95)

-The Necron Warriors make up the bulk of their forces- with +9 accuracy and low-level M.D.C., they're quite the fighting force in numbers, but don't have a lot of fancy extras.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

so the "Necrons" in this are basically the Yuuzhan Vong?
Harnos

Re: The Beast

Post by Harnos »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:40 am Image

Aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes your players taking this threat seriously.

INTRUDER TYPE ONE- THE BEAST R.C.C.: ST +7, STA +6, AGI +2, FIGHTING +2, INT -1, Regeneration 2, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Infravision, "Psionics" (Mind Block Auto-Defense) [39 + Psionics]

-The first type of Invaders are called "Beasts", and are semi-dumb and have weird hands, with various sorts implying that they might be a slave race of the Mind Creatures. They look like big, hairy walrus-muppets and have small amounts of M.D.C., and weak Skills keyed around being pilots and sensor-readers. They wear armor that gives them +13 Toughness.
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 am Image

WHICH EDITOR LOOKED AT THIS and was like "yeah, that'll do for our big threat"?

INTRUDER TYPE TWO- THE MIND CREATURE R.C.C.: ST -1, STA +6, INT +3, AWA +3, PRE +1, Regeneration 2, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Infravision, Mental Communication 4 (Limited to Beasts), "Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Empathic Transmission, Group Mind-Block) [45 + Psionics]

-These ridiculous-looking living potatoes have huge heads, a big central eye, and teeth that make them look like alien nerds with enormous overbites. They are fewer in number than the Beasts, and one invasion incident saw the Beasts kill a Mind Creature when the vessel had been breached, with some guessing this meant the Mind Creatures were hated masters of their fellows. They are less often seen as pilots, and more often are commanders- their skills are more broad and give them more options. Their armor is Toughness +10 and Regenerates, as well as giving them Blast 14.
It is incredible that someone draw them and another allowed them to be published. I guess CEO kept artist and editor in basement and fed them bird food.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Harnos wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:47 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:40 am Aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes your players taking this threat seriously.
It is incredible that someone draw them and another allowed them to be published. I guess CEO kept artist and editor in basement and fed them bird food.
Around the same time this.. atrocity came out, the RIFTS Manhunters book also came out. They had decidedly better villains in it.
From what I can surmise, swapping the two is the ideal fix.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Sidious wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:40 am Aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes your players taking this threat seriously.
Around the same time this.. atrocity came out, the RIFTS Manhunters book also came out. They had decidedly better villains in it.
From what I can surmise, swapping the two is the ideal fix.
I see. The backstory of manhunters quoted in this thread sounds better than mysterious invaders who look like stupid puppets indeed.
Jabroniville

Necron Witch

Post by Jabroniville »

NECRON WITCH O.C.C.
Role:
Techno-Phobic Space Wizard
PL 10 (132)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Space Soldier) 5 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+6) (Flaws: Limited to Biology)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)
Treatment 6 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 7 (Gear- Armor & Blasters), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
Regeneration 2 [2]
"Pact Symbol" Blast 14 [28]

"Magic" (1D4+4 Spells from each Level 1-4, 1D4 from Levels 5-6, 2 from Levels 7-10, 30% have 1D6+7 Space Magic Spells, 28% know 16 spells from one Elemental Magic source)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8 (+9 Armor), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 31 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 9 (132)

-12% of Necrons are Witches- combat shamans who lead the groups into battle. Currying their favor is so important that many Warriors take foolish risks and fight to the death just to impress them- something the Necron leaders encourage.

-Necron Witches have a symbol of their pact somewhere on their bodies, and this can let out a Blast 14 effect once per round. They get LOTS of Skills, but again are limited to their hatred of technology. There is a LOT of variability to their Magic, with some having Space Magic and some having Elemental Magic- possibly both! They otherwise have no modifications to stats.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidious wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 pm so the "Necrons" in this are basically the Yuuzhan Vong?
No idea what those guys' deal was, so I dunno, lol.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:40 am

INTRUDER TYPE ONE- THE BEAST R.C.C.: ST +7, STA +6, AGI +2, FIGHTING +2, INT -1, Regeneration 2, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Infravision, "Psionics" (Mind Block Auto-Defense) [39 + Psionics]

-The first type of Invaders are called "Beasts", and are semi-dumb and have weird hands, with various sorts implying that they might be a slave race of the Mind Creatures. They look like big, hairy walrus-muppets and have small amounts of M.D.C., and weak Skills keyed around being pilots and sensor-readers. They wear armor that gives them +13 Toughness.
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 am

INTRUDER TYPE TWO- THE MIND CREATURE R.C.C.: ST -1, STA +6, INT +3, AWA +3, PRE +1, Regeneration 2, Darkvision, See the Invisible, Infravision, Mental Communication 4 (Limited to Beasts), "Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Empathic Transmission, Group Mind-Block) [45 + Psionics]

-These ridiculous-looking living potatoes have huge heads, a big central eye, and teeth that make them look like alien nerds with enormous overbites. They are fewer in number than the Beasts, and one invasion incident saw the Beasts kill a Mind Creature when the vessel had been breached, with some guessing this meant the Mind Creatures were hated masters of their fellows. They are less often seen as pilots, and more often are commanders- their skills are more broad and give them more options. Their armor is Toughness +10 and Regenerates, as well as giving them Blast 14.
Johnson is one of the old-school Palladium people, and seemed to be getting work by virtue of this old relationship. His stuff was REALLY BAD but not that unusual for 1980s or early '90s RPG work, as typically the rates were very poor so you never lured the best talent in.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:09 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:40 am

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 am

Johnson is one of the old-school Palladium people, and seemed to be getting work by virtue of this old relationship. His stuff was REALLY BAD but not that unusual for 1980s or early '90s RPG work, as typically the rates were very poor so you never lured the best talent in.
Than I'm glad that times have changed.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 pm
Sidious wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 pm so the "Necrons" in this are basically the Yuuzhan Vong?
No idea what those guys' deal was, so I dunno, lol.
basically "invaders from outside space that use organic technology and try to subjugate the native inhabitants." Also they killed Chewie...indirectly, but still.
Jabroniville

Necron Worker

Post by Jabroniville »

NECRON WORKER O.C.C.
Role:
Techno-Phobic Worker Bee
PL 10 (102)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Manual Labor) 7 (+7)
Expertise (Domestic Skills) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 5 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gear- Armor & Blasters), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
Regeneration 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +9 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 3 + Psionics / Defenses: 9 (102)

-Necron Workers make up 38% of the species, and are bulkier, stronger individuals. They have a lot of domestic and manual labor skills (stuff like mining & repairs to their organic weapons), and more hitting power, but less access to gear.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Hah! I didn't see that connection, but yeah, good point!
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay so I accidentally left one of the FWC classes out- I thought there was one I was missing, but the similarity in appearance on their templates confused me.
Jabroniville

FWC Insurrectionist

Post by Jabroniville »

FREE WORLD COUNCIL INSURRECTIONIST O.C.C.
Role:
Elite Space Fighters, Cel Leaders
PL 8 (97)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Space Soldier) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)
Persuasion 5 (+7)
Technology 5 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Diehard, Equipment 13 (Gear), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Laser Rifle), Ranged Attack 1

Equipment:
"Body Armor"
Protection 6 (Impervious 5) (12)
Immunity 6 (Radiation, Vacuum, Hot, Cold, Suffocation 2) (6)
Mini-Computer (2)
Tinted Visor, Loudspeaker, etc. (3)

"Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack, Penetrating 5) (35)
"Laser Pistol" Blast 6 (12)
"Assorted Gear" Gas Masks, Radios, etc. (4)
Knife +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Rifle +5 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3 (+9 Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Good Soldier)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (97)

-Wow, this writer is clearly a man after Kevin S's own heart- a "the same, but BETTER" class! Insurrectionists are FWC elite soldiers who infiltrate Kreeghor worlds and start and advice resistence cels. They train fighters and test Kreeghor defenses, among other things. Their skill listing is through the roof, but you have to have really high mental stats to even play one. They get a few M.O.S. options, though!

M.O.S. Options:
Communications- PL 8 (98): Technology- Limited to Communications +3 [1]
Engineering- PL 8 (99): Technology +4 [2]
Science- PL 8 (102): Science +6, Technology +4 [5]
Technician- PL 8 (99): Technology- Limited to Computers +6 [2]
Weapons- PL 8 (99): Technology- Limited to Weapons +6 [2]