AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 4
Cnd: Fatigued

Dark eyes followed Jake as the inebriated rogue began looking around for ... something. When she noted that his attention settled on a pair of footwear by the TV Evelyn stepped between Jake and the shoes. A physical indication that he wasn't going to be allowed to make his exit just yet. The uniformed officer didn't get distracted by all the talk about family and helping each other out. She focused on the real, informative, pieces of his story like a heat seeking missile ... and Jake was a pyrokinetic.

"Who did the mercenaries work for and why were they after you?"

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [18] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 9]
[22] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

It was at this point Luke decided to step in and try to get everything sorted. "He just got on the bad side of the Toony Brothers. Not everyone is a by the book good soldier like you. So yeah, there was some damage. Could have been worse if he didn't help defend the base. I get it. You want professionalism and all that old Aegis ideals. Nice ideas and all. When some past life associates come chasing you down though, can't always turn to page 57 chapter 4 and get the solution. Sometimes gates get blown down. So, maybe lighten up a bit?", suggests Luke without much hope. He had to give it a go though.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

When Luke spoke up Evelyn turned her head to look at him. She let him say his peace, but her response was curt and concise.

"You and I will talk in private later Luke."

The Captain's stern stare lingered on Luke for a few seconds, then it was directed to his foster brother again.

"As for you, Jake, you will give Luke any details you previously neglected to while you help him finish his chores for the night. Then you may leave."

Evelyn continued to in Jake with that steely stare of her's for a short while longer, to let him know she was not kidding. Then she stepped aside and allowed him to collect his shoes.

"Next time you bring trouble to my base you better also bring actionable intel we can use to take someone down."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [18] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 9]
[22] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Outside

While Harper, Elizabeth, and Kodiak chat, a small hovercraft comes in for landing. This is the same one Director Parrish was using the other day.

When it lands, Director Parrish and a young man exit the vehicle. The Director looks around and sighs. He then looks at the man.

"Get started."

"I don't do wood."

"It's a high-tech plastic lookalike."

"Cool."

The young man walks over to the gate. Holding out his hand, the gate bars straighten out and reconnect just like new.

Director Parrish walks into the hq.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 0
XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
Cnd: Staggered; Bruised (-1)
"Do you need anything for that?" Kodiac askes indicating Elizabeth's side " and the Captain has just gone in to find Luke."
"Just some rest, I think." Elizabeth holds her side as she takes a deep breath wincing again. "I'm pretty sure they are just bruised." Looking at her two teammates, the black-clad mystic walks into the base though the front door. She is surprised to see no signs of damage anywhere else.

Once well inside, she hears the rather loud sounds of the TV. A sporting event? What's going on? Heading down to the rec room area, Elizabeth turns her head slightly sideways, speaking to her two teammates. "So Luke was the only one here? Where was the rest of the team?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Elizabeth is stopped by Director Parrish standing just inside the door.

"Where is Captain Gracen?"
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

XP: 2 pp (One is spent for an AE off of her primary array-power. Two more will soon be added.).
"Where is Captain Gracen?"
"Oh...Director...hello." Elizabeth stops abruptly to face Parrish. "Well, I'm not totally sure. I just arrived myself." Elizabeth shoots Phoenix and then Kodiac a glance before looking back to Parrish. "I was headed down to the rec area only because I heard the TV on. Maybe she is down there."

Looking back in the direction of the front door, Elizabeth speaks, not hiding her confusion. "I still don't know what happened outside. Is everything ok?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Director Parrish shrugs. "You were here before me."

"I was on my way to deliver on a request from Captain Gracen when I heard about a request for transport to Lockdown."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

Still feeling the effects of the alcohol, Luke wasn't inclined to get into it with Bulwark. They were on opposite ends of a spectrum and from where Luke stood it was live and let live. Bulwark had other ideas it seemed. At the moment though, it wasn't worth getting into. "You know, house keepers aren't that expensive? I could refer a few to us.", quips Luke as he starts to head out. His chores probably wouldn't et done that night, he just was in a fight and wanted to sleep it off. Still, not worth the fight.
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"I was just headed down to the rec. room to see if she or anyone might be there. Please...you're welcome to come with us." Elizabeth holds out her hand as if to invite Director Parrish to walk with Kodiac, Phoenix, and herself. As she makes her way to the rec. area, she continues to lookf for any other signs of damage to the base.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Director Parrish raises an eyebrow at Madame Macabre's words. Seems like she may have forgotten who is really in charge here.

As the group heads toward the rec room, Luke turns to Jake. "Come on, I know where the cleaning supplies are." Oddly without protest, Jake follows him. The two pass the group without word and head to the kitchen area.

Director walks past the other team members and into the rec room.

"I look forward to your report on this one."

He looks around and then hands Captain Gracen the folder he is holding.

"Your new tech support."

The folder outlines Nathan Steele, a geo-kinetic. He has limited control over non-living matter. He was brainwashed by the villain group PSI, a team of psionics and psychokinetics. He wore a battlesuit and served the team as Geo-Tek. He was captured two years ago. While in prison, the brainwashing began to wear off. During the invasion, he was instrumental in preventing a lot of dangerous villains from escaping and making things harder for Earth's defenders. He has expressed a desire to make up for the things he did while brainwashed but refuses to wear the suit anymore. He has been part of AEGIS tech support as his powers make it easy to manipulate and repair most hardware. He is also a skilled engineer.

Nathan has been fitted with a special organic marker that makes it easy to track him anywhere in the US.

"He's outside cleaning up the mess."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn watched the two men depart from the room but said nothing more. Quips and all ignored. Here eyes were on the door when Director Parrish and the rest of her team entered the recreation room.

She took the folder into her left hand and before looking through it before offering a verbal response to the Director. After some skimming she returned her eyes to the man and subtly raised the folder.

"Thank you for arranging Mr. Steele's transfer."

The woman's lips pursed together when the Director talked about the mess outside, but she didn't comment on it right away. Instead she gave a brief update on the situation he had left her with on their last meeting.

"The mission went as anticipated. Kodiac is rusty, but I believe he'll make a good addition to the team."

Evelyn turned her head, looking towards the door out of the room. Where Jake and Luke had exited though. Then she looked back to Parrish.

"Luke's foster sibling got into trouble with some criminals and came here looking for help. I'm not getting details out of Jake and don't expect Luke to share anything that might cast Jake in a negative light."

She paused, looked back to the door, and focused her dark brown eyes on Elizabeth.

"Macabre ... what happened to you? You should ask Pheonix to take a look at those wounds."

OOC wrote:
Supernaturalist

Madame Macabre

"Macabre ... what happened to you? You should ask Pheonix to take a look at those wounds."
Elizabeth gently pats her ribs as she responds to Bulwark. "Yeah, I got clobbered pretty good by paranormal thug just a while ago. My Entropy Shield usually protects me from such things, but that knucklehead hit me pretty hard."

The pale necromancer takes a deep breath, wincing slightly. "Probably just bruised ribs. I'm a weenie anyway...not used to getting slugged by meatheads. You're probably right. I'll talk to Phoenix, but I probably just need some rest."
OOC: I'm not sure if anyone has any further comments for Elizabeth, but she'll hang around a little longer until she's sure that she's not needed. She'll then tough base with Phoenix before settling in for a rest.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 0 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 2

Following the others into the base, Kodiac didn't say anything as the Captain explained things t the Director, a slight shrug of his shoulders was the only reaction to the comment of being "rusty" and honestly after sleeping a couple of decades it was a fair comment. From what he could judge there were strong vibes that Luke was on his way off the team conflicted between family and team, family had a guttural response for him but just no real memory maybe it was time to see what sort of food they had here in the kitchen.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Director Parrish raises an eyebrow at Elizabeth and then tilts his head to look at the people behind her, among whom is Harper.

Then he turns back to Evelyn.

"Since it looks like your Horde problem is here to stay, I may have an additional resource for you. Someone with unique experience on the subject. I'll have to let you know."

He then turns to the exit and points his hand at the group in the doorway and waves them aside. After they make a path, he walks out and towards the front exit.