[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Flynnarrel »

If Phillip's sense of blood taste sometimes let him discern things about those he fed on. In this case though, if there were traces of the feeding vamps saliva still in the gunman's bloodstream, maybe he could get information from that.

Knowing he was a repeated victim of Phillip's kind was not comforting to the man in the slightest.
[Phillip's taste is Analytical and Detects Supernatural. Analytical is not well defined so I think it's up to you what Phillip learns (if anything).]
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Chey obliged with a hard right-handed clothesline with the full intent of taking the mans head off

Shell AO maneuver and power attack for -2/+2 _: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
yeah think a 17 misses but in case it doesnt DC 27

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man's able to duck just in time to take a swing against Cheyenne, the space between them too close for her to simply dodge out of the way of his strike. Unlike his leader, the other man isn't able to get a hit in as Felix is able to duck behind a shelf full of fine china. All of which, of course, come crashing down the moment the blade cuts through the cheap pressboard shelving.

Outside a gunman continue to take aim, but the vampire proves to be far too quick of an opponent for him. One jerks back at the last moment, gun slashed in half as the Golem makes another appearance. He gives a brief shot before he finds himself thrown off into the rest of the trash below.

GM: Golem takes out one of the minions, as they have a failure to launch in general! Apologies for my delay, got caught up working on things for my new game and forgot to make my post. :'<
Felix and Kira are back up again.

Attacks: 24, 13
Attacks: 9, 6

Cheyenne: 25
Philip: 23 (-2, dazed)
Swordsman(2): 22 -1/Dazed)(Fine)
Rooftop Shooter: 22
Felix: 19 (-3)
Kira: 18

Controlled Shooter:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

"Like a bull in a china shop," Felix deadpans, leveling his staff at the swordsman attacking him, magic energy building up on the crystal.

"I hate bulls."

jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Luck: 1/2, Form: Fox, Condition: Normal

Kira pops up onto the roof of the current building and send her TK against the shooter.

TK against shooter: 1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20 tough DC 20 if it hits.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With a mighty burst of magic, the samurai-wannabe is sent flying across the room- right into the loving embrace of the strange snake dakimara. He groans, but makes no move to get up from his landing zone. With Cheyenne, the swordsman makes a few more probing strikes with his blade, but being caught between her and the mage leaves him no chance of recovery. With one final slip up and a conk to the head, he goes down like a sack of potatoes .

Outside, between the combined efforts of Philip, Kira, and your robotoic tag-along, the gunman outside are dealt with in little to no time at all as well. She lands heavily on the ground as the dust settles, armor scuffed and dinged from the numerous shots. Someone seems to have gotten a lucky hit on the her left elbow join, the forearm hanging limply. "We have at least dealt with these horrifical scoundrels. To thynk, they wolde pull such a lowly tactic as to ambush us."

Back within, as the silence stretches on, the old woman makes a reappearance by cautiously peeking out from behind the counter. Her eyes are wide at the destruction left behind, "Well, seems like you've made a bit of a mess here. I've done all I could to drive you off, seems there's no helping it now."

Smilingly pleasantly despite having 'lost', she swipes off some broken knick-knacks off the counter and leans her elbows against it. "So, what would you like to know?"

GM: Nicely done! Let's wrap things up here for the moment, with Cheyenne it's only a matter of time before she socks this guy outright. You are out of combat!

Toughness checks: 12, 13

While this is going on, though... Felix, have the HBJ roll a will save.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix looks around for a moment before pausing to look at the damage to his left hand. Not great, but he'd dealt with worse. He put the hand through a quick diagnostic as he made his way around the room.

With a quick couple of movements, he disarmed the downed men, collecting their weapons, phones, and wallets before making his way back to the main counter.

The gauss rifles were set down on the ground on the with the counter blocking the path between old woman, safely out of reach. She didn't strike him as stupid, but then neither was he. The swords he left to his robotic arms to hold. The phones and wallets were laid out on the counter for examination.

"Where they're taking the people they bring through here is my primary interest," Felix says pleasantly, as though they hadn't just tried to have him murdered. She wanted to talk, he wanted information, and nobody wanted to put the screws to an old lady. So he was happy enough to play along.

"Though now that they've tipped their hand, I wouldn't mind knowing more about their organization in general, and their teleporter specifically," Felix notes as he poked at the phones, "If it helps you can tell them I pulled the information off one of their phones. Preferably that one, but I'm not picky."

He waves in the direction of the one who tried to stab him in the face.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hmmm," The woman gives no indicator of noticing the weapons, focusing instead on the young man before her counter. "Tashiro always was an awful customer, I could believe it. As to your questions, Mr. Wu would always use the back of the store to do his dealings. I never knew how things got where they got, but some sort've sorcerer seemed likely I suppose. Wish I could give you more information there, but I can only talk to you about what I've seen."

Shaking her head, "Now, the people behind this on the other hand... They're called the Quince. When you think about the real power in this part of the city, it's them. Come around every once in awhile, bullying people like myself under the guise of 'protection'. Beh. Damn yaks... I've heard them talk about their boss, some woman they call 'Empress'. She's got connections with some of the other groups in the city. Mazerunners tried getting in with them, but then that Longhorn bastard got himself caught. Wonder who did that, hm?"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

With a slight wince Felix realized he'd forgotten to call the others inside.
He passed them a quick text asking them to join them, then giving them a transcript of the information that was already provided to keep them in the loop.

"I have no idea who knocked one of his long horns off," Felix said unconvincingly, "This Quince have a hideout around here?"
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: 0 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence - Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Domination

Phillip was still reeling from the information contained in the man's bloodstream. He let the unconscious man slip to the floor and tossed his gun out the window. He followed it, landing on the ground a few seconds later unharmed. First thing to do was to check on the swordsman that was commanded to tie himself to Felix's vehicle.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

the slash across her ribs stung and she growled low before laying the offender out flat. She then turned and stood behind Felix adding her own air of intimidation to any questions he had, The wound on her side and chest was fading as she stood there soon leaving nothing more than an angry rad line.

She did take a few moments to study the gauss weapons. her time in Delta had given her an appreciation for a well made firearm. And any weapon designed to take down something or someone like her was always of interest
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Mm. There's a restaurant on the mains trip called 'The Paper Dragon.' It's a nice place; good service, excellent atmosphere, and everyone employed there is armed to the teeth. I hear Mr. Wu does a lot of his business in one of the private rooms there. It's your best bet in finding the man." She glances over to Cheyenne, cocking a brow yet giving nary an inch to the display. She was being perfectly cooperative, there was no more need for violence.

The guns, Cheyenne notes, seem military grade and new. It's obvious enough that the Quince involve themselves in weapon smuggling as well as human trafficking.

Philip upon reaching the HBJ finds the swordsman he'd direct there before tied up just as was expected, though at this point the enthrallment had worn off. Currently he was trying to struggle against his own self-imposed bindings, freezing up only when he spots the vampire again. Though he scowls, he says nothing more. The HBJ, for it's part, sits largely inert with it's engine running showing no signs of distress. Not that he'd be able to pick up on them if there were that is, so perhaps the machine was actually highly distressed.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy reappears in the shop. "What're we doing now?"
Last edited by jmucchiello on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'm presuming your sickbrain miscalled, you're currently at an antique shop. Restaurant comes later.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: fixed. Yes. Antique shop. The amusing thing was the text sent to call people back in. Foxy doesn't receive texts in fox form. I need to deal with that eventually. And I'm guessing our robot friend isn't in our text group.)