J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Mongul II: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I wanted a challenge. I wanted to see some fire in your bellies before I ripped them open. Instead all I taste in the wind is fear and loathing. - Mongul II

MONGUL II
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 6; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 8-0
Weight: 1125
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Yellow
Race: Warzoon
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Warworld
Team Affiliations: Warworld

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise [Warlord] 9 (+12), Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+12/+14) [Startle], Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+4/+0), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Mongul Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Mongul Family Constitution: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 13, Immunity 5 (All Environmental conditions); 20 pts
Great Leaps: Leaping 6 (500 ft); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: His massive ego has caused him to underestimate opponents and lead to his downfall.
Enemy: The Green Lantern Corps, The Sinestro Corps (especially Arkillo and Sinestro), Nova and Superman.
Motivation: Power and proving himself to the standard for the Mongul family legacy.
Sibling Rivalry: With his sister, Mongal.

Abilities 100 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 35 + Defenses 14 = 176 / 176

Build Comments: I struggled with Mongul II's PL when I was going over him again. His dad was able to hang with Silver Age Superman, so he could be MUCH higher in PL than he is, but while Mongul II has battled Superman well he never really seemed to get over on him. So I went with PL13 where he's close enough to Clark's level and should get some wins every now and then. Heck, when he had a Sinestro Corps ring, he took on like 6 Green Lanterns at once, including Guy and Kyle who I have at PL13, so he would need to be pretty freakin’ bad ass to do that.

Secret Origins: Mongul's son, also named Mongul, was inspired to be just like his father.

The Story so Far: As a young child, he made journeys and he watched digital renderings where his father fought against Superman and his allies. He copied his father's actions when he encountered a group of marooned miniature aliens, turning them into his slaves. Once Mongul II's father returned, and discovering his son's slaves, he killed the aliens and tells him only one being on the planet is worthy of adoration: Mongul himself.

Once he grew to adulthood, Mongul was forced to assist and train Superman in preparation for the arrival of Imperiex. He appeared to have been killed during the Imperiex War, but returned during the Infinite Crisis after learning from Despero that the Justice League had apparently been destroyed. His intention was to loot their Watchtower headquarters but he ended up fighting Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. During the fight he was almost killed by Wonder Woman before escaping via a working teleporter. The teleportation transported him to Earth, where he menaced Hal Jordan, the newly-returned Green Lantern, by using a Black Mercy plant on him and Green Arrow.

In the aftermath of the Sinestro Corps War, Mongul received a Yellow Power Ring after breaking a dying Sinestro Corps member's neck. Soon after he tracked members of the Sinestro Corps, and offered the inductees a choice: to serve him or die. He removed the ring from each one who refused, and gained an extra five rings. Mongul's recruitment drive indirectly brought the attention of the Green Lantern Corps, in which he attacked Arisia and Sodam Yat with Black Mercy plants, and took them prisoner. He used his ring to send thousands of Black Mercy seeds, which he had genetically engineered to bring the victims' greatest fears to life, instead of their dreams, to several unsuspecting planets. In a confrontation with several members of the Green Lantern Corps, Mongul was defeated when the fly-like Lantern Bzzd flew through his eye, and he was thrown down to the Black Mercy's planet. There, he was buried in soil, being used as food by the Black Mercys. However, Mongul escaped this seemingly grotesque fate and made his way into outer space. En route to Sector 1114, he encountered two alien newlyweds, murdering one named Kered Riam. This incident inspired Kered's widow Miri to join the Star Sapphires.

Following a brief rest from his injuries, Mongul went to Daxam and conquered the planet by himself in a matter of days. He then sent a signal to the rest of the Sinestro Corps, calling them to their new homeworld. Once a force of Sinestro Corps soldiers arrived, he announced that he was now their leader. Arkillo, the former drill sergeant and one of Sinestro's lieutenants, believed Mongul unworthy of leadership, and challenged him to single combat without their rings. Despite a fierce battle, Mongul ultimately triumphed, ripping out Arkillo's tongue, but sparing his life so that he would be "seen but not heard" by any who would dare challenge Mongul. In the process, he gained the loyalty of the faction of the Sinestro Corps loyal to Arkillo and complete rule over the planet Daxam, but draws the attentions of Arisia and Sodam Yat, the Daxamite host for the Ion Entity, on himself. Mongul engaged into battle against Sodam Yat in which the latter used his Ion powers to briefly launch Mongul into space, before entering Daxam's sun and transforming it from red to yellow, granting all Daxamites superpowers. The Daxamites' overwhelming attack forces Mongul to have the Sinestro Corps abandon Daxam.

Mongul relocated his base of operations to Korugar, where he similarly conquered and oppressed the planet's inhabitants, with the intent of making it a new Warworld. Soon after a freed Sinestro was brought to confront Mongul. Although Mongul outclassed Sinestro in terms of strength, Sinestro had designed the specifics for his Corps' power rings and were equipped with a failsafe program, and turned the battle against Mongul. After defeating Mongul and reinstating himself as leader of the Sinestro Corps, Sinestro cast him into the Sinestro Corps' central power battery.

Mongul was released from the power battery during an attack on it by the First Lantern and was left to wander the universe until he was found by his father, who had returned from the dead and took him in to serve him in his renewed quest for universal conquest.

Characterization: Mongul is his father’s son and is all about conquest. Humbled by his recent defeats, is far more subservient to his father than before but it is means to an end to truly learn the art of conquest so that he can one day overthrow his father.

Friends and Foes: Mongul has made enemies amongst the Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps and the Nova Corps. He has also run afoul of Superman several times. He doesn’t really have allies but he and his sister, Mongal, have worked through some of their issues and their rivalry has become more civil.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Mongul II: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Mongul II: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Mongul II: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Mongal: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MONGAL
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 4DPL: 12; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 7-0
Weight: 780
Eyes: Red
Hair: Brown
Skin: Yellow
Race: Warzoon
Base of Operations: Almerac
Team Affiliations: Warworld

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+8), Insight (+3), Intimidation 7 (+10/+11), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+3), Stealth (+4/+2), Technology 3 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Benefit (3) (Status, Resources, Wealth 3 – Princess of New Warworld), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Big Girl: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; PF: Innate); 5 pts
Mongul Family Constitution: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 11, Immunity 5 (All Environmental conditions); 18 pts
Great Leaps: Leaping 6 (500 ft); 6 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: She wants to prove herself to be worth of being the daughter of the great Mongul I.
Enemy: Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, Green Lantern Katma Tui.
Sibling Rivalry: With her brother Mongul.

Abilities 98 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 29 + Defenses 10 = 159 / 159

Build Comments: Even though she has a really bad pun name, I think DC missed a golden opportunity for a high level female villain when they offed Mongal, Mongul II’s sister. Granted, she bit it in a cool way with him punching her head off, but still, she could have been a good foil for some of the DC cosmic heroes. Seeing as how Mongul has become a good Green Lantern and Superman villain, you would think they could have done the same with Mongal for Wonder Woman, but I guess they didn’t see it that way. I, however, think that she is going to be a thorn in Diana’s side as well as Carol Danvers’, Katma Tui’s, and Supergirl’s in my setting.

Secret Origins: Mongal is the daughter of galactic warlord Mongul, and sister to Mongul II.

The Story so Far: After seeing Superman defeat on father on multiple occasions, she and her brother lured The Man of Steel into a battle that spanned Metropolis. This resulted in the near death of Mongul II. at the teeth of Krypto. Mongal escaped the battle relatively unscathed and returned to Earth later to attempt to destroy New York City where she was stopped by Wonder Woman.

Mongal would later team up with several cosmic heroes and villains, including Maxima and the remaining Almerac natives to face the threat known as Imperiex. After his defeat, Mongal revealed that she had taken the Crown of Almerac from Maxima who had perished in the battle with Imperiex. As such, the small band of Almeracian survivors respected her for her valiant performance during the war, and willingly appointed her their new warrior queen.

She has ruled Almerac ever since and has come into conflict with several galactic heroes over the years and has battled Wonder Woman on numerous occasions.

Characterization: Mongal, like her brother and father, lives for battle and conquest and has little regard for life other than to end it.

Friends and Foes: She has had her run-ins with Superman, The Guardians of the Galaxy and the Green Lantern Corps but her biggest rivalry is with Wonder Woman, who has foiled her world domination plans on multiple occasions.
Thorpocalypse

Mongal: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Soon-ish
Thorpocalypse

Mongal: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Morgan Le Fay, Cosmic Hulk, Mongul, Mongul II, Mongal

Post by Ares »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: DC made a big mistake by denigrating the original Mongul Post Crisis and then killing him off. Mongul, to me, serves a great purpose by giving high tier heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel a space spanning, high powered despot to fight INSTEAD of having them fight Darkseid. Darkseid should not be someone Superman just fights, because if Superman can fight Darkseid and hold his own, possibly even win, then there's no justification for Superman to not call up ever hero he knows and they go help New Genesis just overthrow Darkseid. The whole idea is that Darkseid is basically too powerful and entrenched to be ousted in a straightforward manner. If Superman can fight Darkseid one-on-one and win, then Superman AND Captain Marvel or Orion should clean Darkseid's clock, and while they're keeping Darkseid occupied, every other hero can deal with the mooks, the Furies, etc. But if Darkseid is so powerful that even an alliance with New Genesis means they could fight and Apocalypse could still win, then the heroes have to just bide their time and deal with Darkseid's schemes as they occur.

So when Darkseid basically became Superman's whipping boy during the Jeph Loeb era, well, something had gone wrong.

Instead, you keep Darkseid around for bigger stories and events and have Mongul around for when you want to see Superman fight some big cosmic bad guy and win. Mongul has frickin WARWORLD as a means to challenge heroes, he's constantly scheming for more power, and he's powerful enough that he can fight evenly with folks like Superman. He's a perfect villain to throw at the heroes in a way that doesn't cheapen Darkseid, so that when Darkseid DOES show up it's a "Oh SHIT just got REAL" moment instead of a "Superman, World of Cardboard Him!"

So yeah, Mongul is great, and he could make for a solid Wonder Woman / Green Lantern / Captain Marvel villain as well, a high powered Journeyman Villain, possibly with his own collection of elite alien gladiators and the like.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Re: J-Mart: Morgan Le Fay, Cosmic Hulk, Mongul, Mongul II, Mongal

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:47 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again: DC made a big mistake by denigrating the original Mongul Post Crisis and then killing him off. Mongul, to me, serves a great purpose by giving high tier heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel a space spanning, high powered despot to fight INSTEAD of having them fight Darkseid. Darkseid should not be someone Superman just fights, because if Superman can fight Darkseid and hold his own, possibly even win, then there's no justification for Superman to not call up ever hero he knows and they go help New Genesis just overthrow Darkseid. The whole idea is that Darkseid is basically too powerful and entrenched to be ousted in a straightforward manner. If Superman can fight Darkseid one-on-one and win, then Superman AND Captain Marvel or Orion should clean Darkseid's clock, and while they're keeping Darkseid occupied, every other hero can deal with the mooks, the Furies, etc. But if Darkseid is so powerful that even an alliance with New Genesis means they could fight and Apocalypse could still win, then the heroes have to just bide their time and deal with Darkseid's schemes as they occur.

So when Darkseid basically became Superman's whipping boy during the Jeph Loeb era, well, something had gone wrong.

Instead, you keep Darkseid around for bigger stories and events and have Mongul around for when you want to see Superman fight some big cosmic bad guy and win. Mongul has frickin WARWORLD as a means to challenge heroes, he's constantly scheming for more power, and he's powerful enough that he can fight evenly with folks like Superman. He's a perfect villain to throw at the heroes in a way that doesn't cheapen Darkseid, so that when Darkseid DOES show up it's a "Oh SHIT just got REAL" moment instead of a "Superman, World of Cardboard Him!"

So yeah, Mongul is great, and he could make for a solid Wonder Woman / Green Lantern / Captain Marvel villain as well, a high powered Journeyman Villain, possibly with his own collection of elite alien gladiators and the like.
And this reveals a greater problem within the logic of Kirby's Fourth World stuff....
Orion is prophesied to someday kill his father. Which mean Orion is, or will become, someone who is able to fight Darkseid and hold his own. If it is "will become" then in the present, Orion would know that he lacks the power to defeat his father, so he'd needs to find a way to become more powerful, and that's whole different type of story. If it is "is" then either a) Orion is a lot more powerful than Superman, or b) Superman and Orion are on similar levels of power and we're back to the Supes, Orion, Billy, Diana, Kara, and J'onn go to Apokolips and kick Darkseid's stony butt.

I think it's funny that Jim Starlin, creator of Thanos, also created Mongul. I sometimes wonder if Darkseid was editorially off-limits when Starlin came to DC, and if that, in turn, is why he created Mongul. At the time, DC was using Darkseid sparingly (after The New Gods vol. 1 ended w/#19 in 1978, he wasn't seen for another 2 years (JLA #183-5) and then there was "The Great Darkness Saga" in Legion of Super-Heroes in 1982.) It wasn't until Jack Kirby came back to DC in 1984 (when DC was launching the "Super Powers" toy line) that Darkseid started seeing ubiquitous. And it was Kirby himself who seemed to nerf Darkseid in the Super Powers tie-in comics. Darkseid being the heavy on the last two years of "Super Friends/Super Powers" didn't help. It increased Darkseid's recognition among non-comic fans, but at a cost.

Starlin's Mongul stories in DC Comics Presents presented someone who was clearly (if inexplicably) more powerful than Superman. PL 16 or 17 if Superman is 15. This still seemed true in Superman Annual #11, Alan Moore's "For the Man Who Has Everything". This was the last appearance of the pre-Crisis Mongul, and since DC was pushing Darkseid hard by this time I wonder if that's why they were willing to let Superman drop Mongul into a black hole.

Post-Crisis Mongul seemed less powerful. He wasn't as overwhelming compared to Superman.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Cyborg Superman: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I bow to no one. - Cyborg Superman

CYBORG SUPERMAN
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 12; DPL: 14; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 500
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair/Metallic
Race: Human Kryptonian Cyborg
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Superman Revenge Squad; The Manhunter

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+9), Deception (+4), Expertise [Science] 6 (+13), Insight (+3), Intimidation 5 (+9), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+2), Technology 8 (+15)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Benefit (6) (Status 6 – Grandmaster of the Manhunters), Diehard, Favored Foe (Superman), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Ranged Attack (7), Speed of Thought*

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Man of Steel: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 15, Bludgeoning Damage 3 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 27 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 32 pt Array; 34 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 16; 32 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

Electronic Consciousness: Immortality 19 (2 rounds; Flaw: Limited to having an electronic device to transmit consciousness into); 19 pts
Interface: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood by Machines), Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide; Flaw: Limited to machines); 18 pts
Cyberpathy: 24 pt Array; 25 pts
Animate Machines: Summon Animated Object 8 (120 pt Object; Extra: Controlled, General Type [Machines], Flaw: Self-Powered); 24 pts
Control Technology: Perception Ranged Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Technology skill or Will; 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Range [Perception Ranged], Flaw: Limited Degree [third degree only], Affects Objects Only, Limited [to Technology]); 1 pt

Technomorphing: 35 pt Array; 39 pts
Arm Blaster: Ranged Damage 17 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Electromagnetic]); 35 pts
Arm Tentacles: Cumulative Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Accurate, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Techno Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Accurate, Penetrating 15, Reach [5 ft], Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +19]
Arm Claws +9 [Techno Claws +19]
Arm Tentacles +9 [Arm Tentacles Affliction +14]
Ranged Attack +9 [Heat Vision +16; Arm Blast +17]
Special Attack [Control Technology Affliction +14, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +17 (+17 without Defensive Roll, +8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Cyborg Superman’s body is largely mechanical, and cannot heal normally.
Hatred: Superman.
Power Loss: Hank Henshaw loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Vulnerable: Since his physiology is mostly Kryptonian, he is vulnerable to Kryptonite. Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 120 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 243 + Defenses 15 = 404 / 404

Build Comments: Probably my favorite of the old Reigning Supermen, the Cyborg Superman. I really like Hank Henshaw as a villain. His schtick of being a vindictive scientist that somehow managed to gain Superman’s powers and used them and his symbol to wreak havoc is pretty fun. Not so sure about all his inclusion with the Green Lantern-verse, but most of his time hassling them has been pretty decent.

Secret Origins: Hank Henshaw first was a crew member of the doomed LexCorp space shuttle Excalibur. Hank and the other three members of the Excalibur crew, which include his wife, Terri were exposed to cosmic radiation, resulting in the crash of their shuttle. As a result of the radiation exposure, the human bodies of two crew members were destroyed. However, their minds survived and they were able to construct new bodies out of pure cosmic radiation and bits of earth and the shuttle. Initially, Henshaw and his wife suffered no ill effects from the radiation and the crew traveled to Metropolis, in the hope of using LexCorp facilities to cure their transformed crew mates. During a brief battle with Superman, the crew member now composed of radiation became unhinged and flew into the sun. By this time, Henshaw's body had begun to rapidly decay while his wife was beginning to phase into an alternate dimension. With Superman's help, Henshaw was able to use the LexCorp facilities to save Terri, but died immediately afterwards. The remaining member of the shuttle crew committed suicide using an MRI booth.

However, Hank Henshaw had not truly died. Though his physical body had expired, he was able to transfer his consciousness into the LexCorp's mainframe. Now able to control technology, Henshaw appeared to his wife in a robotic body; the shock of the shuttle accident, Henshaw's death and his bizarre rebirth was too much for Terri and eventually led to her insanity and death. By this point, Henshaw's electronic consciousness had begun to disrupt Earth's communications networks. Using NASA communications equipment, Henshaw beamed his mind into the ship that carried Superman from Krypton to Earth as an infant and gained access to the Kryptonian codex. Henshaw crafted a small exploration craft it and departed the planet.

The Story so Far: Henshaw spent some time traveling between planets; bonding with local lifeforms to learn about the culture and history of various worlds. Over time, Henshaw became delusional and paranoid, believing that Superman had caused the deaths of himself and his wife, then driven him from the Earth. Arriving on a planet controlled by alien overlord Mongul, Henshaw learned of the Warworld and forcibly recruited Mongul as part of a plan for revenge against Superman.

With Superman dead after his battle with Doomsday, Henshaw was unable to directly seek revenge against the man he had come to perceive as his enemy and instead sought to destroy Superman's reputation. To that end, the Cyborg claimed to be Superman reborn; using knowledge obtained from the codex to construct a cybernetic body with organic portions genetically identical to Superman and technological components built with Kryptonian alloys. Along with destroying a Superman memorial plaque in front of the Daily Planet, the Cyborg exiled Doomsday into space and defended the President of the United States from an assassination attempt. As a result of the latter incident, the White House endorsed the Cyborg as the 'true' Superman and he provided the President with a communications device. When confronted by Lois Lane, the Cyborg claimed his memory was "blurry" but he could see a "spaceship on a farm. The name 'Kent'", suggesting Henshaw may be aware of Superman's secret identity.

When an alien ship appeared over Coast City, the Cyborg revealed his true intentions, attacking and severely injuring the Eradicator as Mongul's craft destroyed the city, killing millions. After being confronted by the resurrected Superman and his allies, The Cyborg lured Superman and the Eradicator to the Engine City main reactor and attempted to kill Superman with the Kryptonite that powered the engine. Henshaw attempted to kill Superman using a concentrated blast of Kryptonite radiation, but the Eradicator intercepted the blast at the expense of his own life. As the Kryptonite energy passed through the Eradicator, the radiation was altered and acted to restore Superman's powers. Superman was then able to easily defeat the Cyborg (partially due to the Kryptonite weakening the Cyborg's Kryptonian form) by vibrating Henshaw's body to pieces.

Before exiling Doomsday into space, Henshaw had installed a device on the monster to allow him to detect if Doomsday were to ever escape. After the destruction of his 'Cyborg Superman' body, Henshaw transferred his consciousness into this device, as Doomsday was "the safest place in the galaxy" for the Cyborg to hide. Doomsday was eventually brought on board a space cruiser and managed to escape, landing on Apokolips. Henshaw re-emerged once again, reconfiguring an exo-armored Apokoliptian trooper into a new body, establishing his standard appearance with long hair and red armor, and began to lay siege to Apokolips alongside Doomsday. The Cyborg successfully took over most of Apokolips, but was destroyed by Darkseid's Omega Beams after a short battle with Superman.

Darkseid's attack did not kill the Cyborg; rather, the Omega Effect had stored Henshaw's consciousness in a small orb, with Darkseid planning to use the Cyborg against Superman at a later date. D arkseid eventually freed Henshaw, with the understanding that Henshaw was to leave Apokolips and never return. After an altercation with an intergalactic 'tribunal' that he had betrayed after assisting them in trying Superman for Kryptonian crimes, they found the Cyborg guilty of genocide in his attack on Coast City and sentenced him to death. As an electronic consciousness, Henshaw could not be killed by normal means and was transported beyond the event horizon of a black hole, where not even energy could escape from the gravity.

Rather than being destroyed, the Cyborg was transported to another universe. The Cyborg destroyed a planet in another attempt to recreate Warworld, attracting the attention of the Silver Surfer. Their short battle was interrupted by the arrival of Parallax (Hal Jordan), who had been tracking the Cyborg for some time, seeking vengeance for the destruction of Coast City. In the confusion, Henshaw managed to escape and was returned to his native universe.

Henshaw eventually made his way to Sector 3601, to Biot, the homeworld of the Manhunters, where he became their new Grandmaster. He gathered many Green Lanterns who were previously thought to be dead and used them as power sources for his new model of Manhunters, the Highmasters. However, Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner discovered his operation. Jordan and Arisia combined the might of their power rings with one of the Highmasters, destroying the organic portion of Henshaw's body and most of Biot.
Henshaw remained in custody on Oa until he was freed, along with Superboy-Prime, by a strike force of Sinestro Corps members. He was brought to Qward, where he was made into a herald of the Anti-Monitor, along with Superboy-Prime and the Parallax-possessed Kyle Rayner. However, Henshaw's only reason he joined the Sinestro Corps was that he has been promised to a final death at the hands of the Anti-Monitor as a reward for helping the Anti-Monitor achieve his goals. A death he has longed for that none even Superman can seem to give him.

Henshaw and his Manhunters headed to Earth to assist the Sinestro Corps in their attack. En route, Henshaw stops leading the Manhunters, which continue to their pre-programmed destinations. As he watched them go, he remembered everything that has happened to him; from their dreadful shuttle accident to his wife's suicide when she sees him in his robot form. He finishes this journey of his mind by going to his wife's grave. He dug her corpse out and ripped it into two, shouting that all he wants is not to be with her, but for these memories to fade.

After another altercation with Superman, when the Green Lantern Corps decided to detonate New Warworld and the Qwardian Central Power Battery of the Sinestro Corps to destroy the Anti-Monitor, Henshaw was trapped behind a shield and exposed to the massive explosion. Before he is finally killed, however, he is able to thank the Green Lantern Corps for their mercy in ending his life. A small fraction of Henshaw's corpse was found after the explosion. The Manhunters confirmed that he had perished, but were confused without his leadership. Seeking the leadership "programming" of their grandmaster, the Manhunters funnel a massive amount of energy into the Cyborg Superman, and he experienced yet another resurrection, crying when he realized he is alive yet again

Henshaw abandoned the Manhunters and was later present during the Blackest Night, trying again to seek his death. Henshaw attempted to provoke Nekron into killing him, but failed as he lacked a heart to attract Nekron's interest. A distraught Henshaw was then approached by an unknown being, who told him that the Guardian Ganthet held the knowledge to destroy him permanently. Henshaw followed this advice and approached Ganthet, coming into an agreement in working with Alpha Lanterns, with the intentions to augment every Green Lantern, including Ganthet, into an Alpha. His purpose of working with the Alpha Lanterns is to alter himself, such that he will be mortal again. He begins experiments on the Alpha Lanterns to reverse-engineer their cyborg attributes into humans. Despite killing several Alpha Lanterns, Hank was ultimately successful in devising a way to reverse-engineer some of the Alpha Lanterns. Before Henshaw can force Ganthet to perform his new surgery on himself, the Green Lantern Corps spoiled his plans and destroyed his physical body. Hank then tried to transfer his consciousness into Boodikka. During this attempted transfer of consciousness Boodikka overpowered Henshaw with willpower and cuts his essence in half, thus destroying Henshaw.

However, with Boodikka’s death during the War of the Green Lanterns, Henshaw’s consciousness awoke and escaped he has rebuilt himself and since he realizes he can never be human again, he has sworn to destroy all organic life, starting with Superman.

Characterization: Henshaw is extremely delusional and psychotic and has a great desire to eradicate or control organic life. He also has a death wish that he has been unable to quench, no matter how many times it seems that he is destroyed.

Friends and Foes: He has a great hatred for Superman and has become a recurring foe of the Green Lantern Corps.
Thorpocalypse

Cyborg Superman: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Cyborg Superman: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Yup
Thorpocalypse

Cyborg Superman: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Cyborg Superman: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Sinestro: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That's the tragedy of all of this, Jordan...Hal. We'll always be friends. - Sinestro

SINESTRO
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 5; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-7
Weight: 215
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Black
Race: Korugarian
Skin: Magenta
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: New Korugar
Team Affiliations: Sinestro Corps

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 5 (+11), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 10 (+13), Expertise [Law Enforcement] 7 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+15) [Skill Mastery, Startle], Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion (+6), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 8 (+11), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Leader of The Sinestro Corps), Defensive Roll (2), Favored Foe (Green Lanterns), Favored Foe (Sinesto Corps), Fearless, Inspire (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Intimidation), Startle, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will)

POWERS:
Great Will: Enhanced Will 6 (Flaw: Limited to Power Ring effects); 3 pts
Yellow Power Ring Override: Immunity 5 (Qwardian Power Ring Effects); 5 pts
Qwardian Power Ring: 143 pts Traits, Removable (-31 pts); 122 pts
Attention Sinestro Corpsman...: Features 2 (A.I. and Sinestro Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Sinestro's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft radius; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Show Me Your Fear: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental; Acute, Ranged], Flaw: Limited to Fear); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Intimidate [DC20] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 30 pts
Force Manipulation: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 53 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Rapid Fire Force Blast: Ranged Multiattack Force Energy Damage 11 (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Force Constructs: Create 11 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Lifting Mastery: Shapeable Area Move Object 8 (Extra: Dynamic, Shapeable Area x2 [60 cu ft volume]); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius],Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection, Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 6, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Power Attack), (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic, Reach [5 ft], Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +3]
Ring Weapons +13 [Ring Weapons +9]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +11 [Force Blast +17; Rapid Fire Force Blast +11, Multiattack; Force Constructs +17; Movable Force Constructs +11; Force Lifting Move Objects +17]
Special Attack [Force Lifting Mastery +8, Shapeable Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +11 (+17 for Power Ring effects, Ultimate Will)

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Sinestro believes he is the greatest Green Lantern and actually the greatest ring bearer of any kind in the universe and his overconfidence can put him in precarious situations.
Enemy: Several Green Lantern Corpsmen, Atrocitus, the people of Korugar.
Obsession: Sinestro is obsessed with his particular idea of order, and the enforcement of that order, throughout the cosmos.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning when its power runs low.
Relationships: In an odd way, he does love his daughter, Soranik Natu and is protective of her.
Rivalry: Hal Jordan, Abin Sur.
Weakness: The Yellow Power Ring are fueled by the user's abilities spread fear. Loss of that ability or their loss of belief in the power of fear can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 70 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 122 + Defenses 22 = 255 / 255

Build Comments: Sinestro rules. His revival was one of Geoff Johns' greatest feats during his epic run on Green Lantern Corps. Sinestro has continued to be relevant during the New 52 and Rebirth and the GL books are always better when he's involved.

Secret Origins: Thaal Sinestro, originally an anthropologist from the planet Korugar, had a natural affinity for order as displayed by his meticulous reconstructions of ancient ruins. It was at one of these reconstructions that a wounded Green Lantern, Prohl Gosgotha, crash landed. He gave his ring to Sinestro who barely defeated the lantern's pursuer, a Weaponer of Qward , at the cost of the very ruins he had restored. When Gosgotha requested his ring back after the battle so that it might keep him alive Sinestro instead allowed him to die and took his place. The Guardians, unaware of his actions, allowed Sinestro to become the Green Lantern for sector 1417.

The Story so Far: At his height, he was considered to be the greatest of all the Green Lanterns, and Sector 1417 was almost entirely devoid of crime and lawlessness under his vigilant protection. His prowess was so great that he was assigned as a mentor to a number of rookie lanterns showing similar promise...the greatest of which would be his last student, Hal Jordan. Ganthet had specifically requested that the two train together, and they quickly became great friends.

Throughout his time in the Corps, Abin Sur was Thaal Sinestro's best friend and trusted confidante, so much so that they considered each other to be brothers. He would eventually fall in love with and marry Arin Sur, his friend's sister, and the two would have a child together. Abin confided in Sinestro what he had learned of the Blackest Night, where a darkness would rise to destroy all life, something Sinestro dismissed as lies by the Five Inversions who told Abin the prophecy. Eventually Abin was killed by the monster known as Atrocitus. Sinestro would later bring Atrocitus to justice for Abin's murder with the help of Abin's successor, Hal Jordan. After Sinestro dropped him off at the prison world of Ysmault, Atrocitus taunted Sinestro with a prophecy of the chaos and deadly coup that would lead to Sinestro's fall from grace. However, Sinestro ignored him and leaves. However, as he became increasingly stressed with keeping his sector as perfect and as ordered as he needed it to be, Sinestro slowly became more unhinged and started employing more questionable tactics in his behavior. His actions were unwelcome by the Korugarans, and threats were made against his family. Arin recognized the danger posed by Sinestro's methods, and secretly gave their daughter away. Sinestro would be unable to find his daughter, and Arin soon died as a result of an attack against Sinestro.

On their first diplomatic assignment, Hal proved to be reckless and Sinestro believed that he was a waste of his time. Then upon returning to his home planet of Korugar, they were met with great opposition and Hal discovered that Sinestro forced his planet to worship him and that he had a very strict and unjust set of rules. After being gone so long, Korugar's citizens rebelled and Sinestro lost control. After a short battle, Hal knocked some sense into Sinestro and he realized that he must hide for the Guardians will punish both of them. After hiding in one of Earth's prisons with Hal Jordan, Oan manhunters brought him in to Oa and he was tried. After Hal testified against him, Sinestro swore revenge against Hal and the Corps right before he was banished to Qward in the Antimatter Universe. There, he met the Weaponers of Qward, who helped him forge a yellow power ring to counter the Green Lantern Corps. The Guardians had never erred in their judgment before, and he would later be considered one of their greatest mistakes.

After a confrontation with Jordan, Sinestro was captured and imprisoned within the Central Power Battery. After being converted into energy inside the Oan power battery, Sinestro waited for the opportune moment to strike back. In the battery, Sinestro also spoke with Parallax, which was the source of the yellow impurity in all Green Lantern rings. When Parallax gained control of Hal Jordan and turned him insane, Sinestro knew that his time was near. Eventually after defeating the entire Green Lantern Corps in his attempt to drain the power of the Oan power battery, it came down to Hal and the Guardians. In their stead, the Guardians released Sinestro to fight against Hal as the lesser of two evils, and even gave him a green power ring. Much verbal torture occurred on Sinestro's part and he even enraged Hal Jordan, the greatest Green Lantern ever, to have a bloodlust. A great battle went on and both sides had their attacks hit, but Hal was winning. Eventually it came down to a one-on-one without their rings and Sinestro did what was necessary to bring Jordan over the edge, he allowed him to snap his neck. After this, Hal gained the power of the battery, went on a rampage as Parallax, and is eventually defeated.

It turned out that Sinestro survived and he returned to torture Kyle Rayner at the same time that Parallax returned. He revealed himself to be the one behind all of Hal's torments and problems, but now he chose to take direct action. After soundly defeating Kyle Rayner in the JLA Watchtower, Green Arrow managed to fire one Green Lantern arrow from Hal's old ring. He was also beaten by Sinestro and his apparent new power over fear given to him by Parallax. This power coincided with his yellow power ring and it gave him a new charge that surpassed any Green Lantern's. Due to other circumstances, Hal Jordan returned to his old body and smashed Sinestro through a wall with a will-powered blast from his power ring. Soon they were in intense battle and Sinestro once again taunted him and tried to bring him over the edge while truly fighting to win instead of knowing that he will have his neck snapped later. In the midst of battle, Kyle Rayner returned and aided Hal in his war against Sinestro. To end the battle, Hal and Sinestro both swung at each other and their rings clashed. All focus was bent and altered until Hal smashed Sinestro's ring into pieces. As Sinestro instantly teleported back to the Antimatter Universe of Qward, he said, "Heh... Jordan... Welcome back."

The events of the Infinite Crisis brought about a restored Multiverse, and with it, the resurrection of the Anti-Monitor. With his help, Sinestro established his own Sinestro Corps, which served in direct opposition to the Green Lantern Corps, using yellow rings instead of green rings. Sinestro masterminded a massive attack plan against the Green Lantern Corps in an event that has come to be known as the Sinestro Corps War. Sinestro's motive behind instigating the war was to manipulate the Guardians into allowing the Green Lantern Corps members to use lethal force in combat - an ability that had always been restricted in the past. The Green Lanterns proved victorious over the Sinestro Corps and Hal Jordan faced Sinestro in physical combat on Earth with Kyle Rayner. Jordan and Rayner defeated Sinestro in hand-to-hand combat and placed him in a Sciencell back on Oa where he sat on Death Row.

He was liberated during his transfer to his execution on Korugar and after escaping Atrocitus and his Red Lantern Corps, Sinestro returned to Korugar to tell Soranik that he was her father and to warn her about the possible retaliation on her by Atrocitus. He played in a key role in the Blackest Night along with the other leaders of the Lantern Corps in, helping defeat Nekron . Later he worked with Kyle Rayner and the Green Lantern Corps in an effort to rescue Soranik Natu from a Qwardian who wanted vengeance on him that made Sinestro's original yellow ring.

When Sinestro and the other 'New Guardians' are trapped in the Book of the Black by Lyssa Drak while trying to recover the entities from Krona, Hal Jordan escapes with their rings. He later uses Sinestro's ring when Parallax is returned to the Central Power Battery, allowing Krona to control all Green Lanterns- Hal and others escaped only thanks to their prior experience with Parallax-, in order to give himself a weapon against the other Lanterns.

Later, Sinestro was freed by Kyle Rayner. He was then denied his yellow ring by Krona. As Hal Jordan fought Krona, Sinestro was granted a green ring for unknown reasons. He then helped turned the tide in Jordan's battle with Krona, leading to the latter's death. Following the battle, Hal Jordan was expelled from the Corps for killing Krona, but Sinestro was allowed to keep his ring and new position, with his fate still being determined by the Guardians in the Citadel, much to the outrage of all the other Green Lanterns.

It has since been revealed that the Guardians were responsible for Sinestro acquiring a Green Lantern ring in an attempt to undermine the Sinestro Corps as part of their future plans to destroy all seven Corps. During the conclusion of the Wrath of the First Lantern event, Sinestro becomes a member of the Sinestro Corps once again and after bonding with Parallax, he reactivates the yellow rings and releases all the Sinestro Corps members who were incarcerated on Oa.

Characterization: Sinestro is all about order. He can be cruel but his motivations are truly grounded in the fact that he thinks that the best way to keep the universe safe is through fear and order. Despite his questionable methods at times, he does have a sense of honor and he truly believes he is doing what is best for all life in the universe.

Friends and Foes: His greatest foe has been Hal Jordan but at times the two have worked together and deep down continue to have great respect for each other. He loves his daughter in his own way and keeps an eye out for her frequently.