[OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [Recruitment] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

Post by pathfinderq1 »

>Today's update:
Started on typing up the array- about half done, but I'm out of gas for the night. More tomorrow. May restructure the array slightly, so that her "physical" powers (the two slots she uses most often- "Fight like hell" and "Cartoon physics") are the primary slots, and the more-specifically "temporal" powers are Dynamic AEs but behind an Activation; effectively making her "full Super" identity as Hellcat more separate, an "alternate form" that doesn't actually change visible physical form. In this case, her in-game civilian ID has the Memory Complication, while her in-game Super ID replaces that with the Temporal Distortion Complication. Gotta think on that a bit more.

-In terms of other characters: for Rainbow Star, have you considered the "Light resistant" Feature from Power Profiles? It seems thematically appropriate, and I usually take it for my variants of the still-hasn't-made-it-into-a-game Starfire expy...

-Feature 1 (light resistant): You have a minor degree of immunity to light effects, enough that you never sunburn, need sunglasses, or otherwise have trouble with any amount of full direct sunlight.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

I'm not too worried about a feature like that since we're playing a game within a game where such things will probably not come into play. Full direct sunlight getting in our eyes maaaaybe, but I doubt sunburns will be a recurring issue. (Unless I just jinxed it :P)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmmmm..... Nahhhh, probably not. Probably.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:41 am I'm not too worried about a feature like that since we're playing a game within a game where such things will probably not come into play. Full direct sunlight getting in our eyes maaaaybe, but I doubt sunburns will be a recurring issue. (Unless I just jinxed it :P)
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:32 am Hmmmm..... Nahhhh, probably not. Probably.
You've jinxed us Gunmetal. Now we're going to be facing a villain with sun-themed powers who shoots blasts of solar-radiation which give people sunburns!

:lol:
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Well wont I feel foolish if that happens and I declined a 1pp feature that would have protected me. :oops:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Little do you know the VR pods double as tanning beds.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:22 pm Little do you know the VR pods double as tanning beds.
And in the event of sudden societal collapse, the VR Center staff can use them as crock pots! Mmmm, long pig...

:lol:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Very multi purpose.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] [3e] Superheroics Unlimited - The MMVR

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

So! Surprise surprise, you six are my final picks. Stiff competition, I know. There were so many good builds, I just felt like I had to take you all. ;)

Take the weekend to make final adjustments if you need be, I'll check things over again on Sunday where I'll presume everything as final. I have some tooth pain, and provided that dosnt morph into a really bad problem, my plan is to set things in motion come Monday.

If anyone has some last minute concerns or question, feel free to voice them now.
------------
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

So, I'm not terribly attached to the name "Baron Malamar" for Warlock's Nemesis...and the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined towards changing it to something more viable as a "super-villain mystic / villain-faction beta-test Player Character". Problem is that I'm terrible at coming up with names... Anybody got suggestions for better names for that Nemesis?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Earl Snickerdoodle? (Sorry I see Malamar and read it as Mallomar, a marshmallow/graham cracker cookie.)

Names are also my nemesis. (Apropos of nothing, my next door neighbor when I was 2-10 was Martin Speilman, and wife and three children.)

Arcana Mystora
The High Seer (the stoner player thinks using the word High is level 10 humor)
The Anti-Mage
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I like "Arcana Mystora", perhaps even shortened to "Arcanamyst".
------------
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:19 am Earl Snickerdoodle? (Sorry I see Malamar and read it as Mallomar, a marshmallow/graham cracker cookie.)

Names are also my nemesis. (Apropos of nothing, my next door neighbor when I was 2-10 was Martin Speilman, and wife and three children.)

Arcana Mystora
The High Seer (the stoner player thinks using the word High is level 10 humor)
The Anti-Mage
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:38 am I like "Arcana Mystora", perhaps even shortened to "Arcanamyst".
Yeah, I'm thinking some mix of Baron Karl Amadeus Mordo (in theme and powers) with a slice of Doctor Victor von Doom (in personality with regards to the rampant narcissism, ability to be a noble villain, but otherwise crippling ego and rivalry that inevitably causes his plans to fail)... the catch being Wayne Chau is perfectly aware that his roleplaying is intentionally setting himself up for failure because he's playing a bigger game and is using Sam/Martin to get there.

Arcanamyst sounds great for a "cape" name, but I imagine that his secret-identity would be something with an air of nobility and aloofness to it. But it should also be a little ridiculous, and a bit kitschy, because he's well aware his character is going to be a bit absurd...

How about Baron Kristoff Donatello Mystora -- aka... Arcanamyst the Malevolent!

Alternately: Doctor Arcanamyst! Or Arcanamyst the Arch-Mage?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'll have you know that I have a copywrite on all doctor related names in this game universe. ;]

I'll be working on getting the IC thread up in a few hours. Right after a dog gets off my legs. I could move her, but she's far too cute right now.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Press Any Button to Start.

Feel free to intrude yourselves! You're all in close-ish proximity to one another, if you wish to have your characters interact in some way.
------------