Super Hero RPG Fanzine

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
act

Super Hero RPG Fanzine

Post by act »

I Have a question:How can i create my very own super hero RPG Fanzine?
Davies

Re: Super Hero RPG Fanzine

Post by Davies »

... start typing in OpenOffice or something similar, then save as a .pdf, then make the .pdf available to the public, either by selling it on a storefront like DriveThru or by releasing it for free.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
act

Post by act »

Davies wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 am ... start typing in OpenOffice or something similar, then save as a .pdf, then make the .pdf available to the public, either by selling it on a storefront like DriveThru or by releasing it for free.
Thanks,but I should write everything by hand
Davies

Post by Davies »

... okay, then.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

act wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 pm
Davies wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 am ... start typing in OpenOffice or something similar, then save as a .pdf, then make the .pdf available to the public, either by selling it on a storefront like DriveThru or by releasing it for free.
Would you clarify what you mean? If you want to emulate "old-school" fanzines, then yes, you could handwrite (assuming your penmanship is adequate), then scan your work and save it to whatever platforms you choose; but if you just want the fanzine to look retro, there are fonts or other tools which can make a document created with a wp program appear "hand-crafted", if you will.

All my best.
act

Post by act »

greycrusader wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:15 am
act wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 pm
Would you clarify what you mean? If you want to emulate "old-school" fanzines, then yes, you could handwrite (assuming your penmanship is adequate), then scan your work and save it to whatever platforms you choose; but if you just want the fanzine to look retro, there are fonts or other tools which can make a document created with a wp program appear "hand-crafted", if you will.

All my best.
yes,i want to emulate old-school fanzines,and keep it handwritten
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Certainly you can handwrite it-I might suggest trying to recruit another contributor or two, to keep you workload a bit smaller (and prevent excessive hand-cramps, honestly), but you WILL have to make sure the handwriting of all involved is legible and relatively attractive. I might recommend doing a mix of typewritten (for titles and headers) and handwritten, quite frankly. Please do know this is likely going to be a labor of love, though the publishing experience may help you in the future, if you have other writing aspirations.

All my best.