For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by Supernaturalist »

John Steiner
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:1

John barely has time to place a few personal items in his room before being ordered to report to Corporal Sander. Knowing that the Dark Ascendent is speaking with Ascendant Chen, and desiring to speak with Chen alone, John reports first to Sander. Standing at attention, he addresses her in a more formal military manner. "You wish to speak with me, Ma'am?"
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP: 2
VP: 0
Cnd: Bruised (-1 to further Damage Checks)
EP:3
Dominion Point: 1
"Iona. I hope you had a productive weekend."
"I beleive it has been, Doctor." Iona looks around the room scrutinizing the project of her master for any possible scientific insights. She spends little time with him, and any chance to gleen some knowledge is eagerly sought.

"It is my beleif that we detained the Board Member's daughter long enough to convince him that a military surge inside Hadron City is unwise. That alone would make for a successful mission. But there is so much more that has happened. I'm glad that I finally get a chance to discuss it all with you."

The beautiful, young cyborg pauses for a moment to see if her creator has any questions or comments before proceeding.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Obsessed
Form: Mist

Diego was on Nulls shite list, but he was still an Ascendent. One of those chosen by Praetor Null. In front of Null, Diego would lay out the facts and give a proper status report because by all counts Praetor Null was his master. Chen was just an emissary of sorts. "You need to be more precise on what you mean this situation.", begins Diego. In his native form, he was a floating mass of midnight black nanites and uncalibrated his voice monotone giving away no change in tone to indicate anything.

"Are referring to a trained mercenary you put forth as your voice who is not able to do a simple patrol while I was out scouting in a storage facility whose failure resulted in having to expose the stealth ship? This even when the area is known to have Macrovirus mutations. In that case it is either have a lack of information or relegate the asset you assigned to simply pointing and shooting. Training your asset is also an appropriate solution.", says Diego blandly without emotion or change in pace of his speech.

Not giving a moment for Chen to respond, Diego keeps going. "Are you referring to Sokolov and his operatives undermining the missions at every turn? Aiden, for his nativity was an unwitting pawn of Sokolov who can be excused to a degree for being attached to the mission to slow it down. For his part, he did provide valuable transportation. Iona is falling in line for the missions, but still requires training and restraint of it's actions. As for previous missions, Sokolovs agents goals and the goals of the joint base operations directly collided with him sending agents seemingly intent on foiling the joint bases objectives as noisy as possible. By order of Praetor Null, I am not to do anything about Sokolov. The best that can be done there is to mitigate it.", continues Diego in the same tone.

"Are you referring to lack of intelligence? Not knowing the kidnapping target you suggested was an agent of Sokolov initially, the pilot that was procured having a mission thy didn't even know how to accomplish, or lay of the land due to Johns failures on patrol requires more of my time. Time that if not having to supervise with my presence could be spent on more productive activities such as gathering much needed information. For intelligence, the answer is clearly to better build out an intelligence network.", adds Diego piling on the situations.

Not relenting, Diego keeps going. "Are you referring to Sokolov's appointed co lead of this facility being a walking recorder funneling all intel raw back to him and making unreasonable demands with little in the way of offering compromising missions? I am once again bound by not effecting Sokolov on the first and on the second it will take time if even possible to turn it from Sokolov. Aiden seems more receptive, so there is promise there.", presses Diego.

To cap it off, Diego went for the overall situation. "Are you referring to how loud the jointly run operations with Sokolovs agents are? One can only work so much with what they are given. John will need to be trained better to operate silently plus not be so weak willed. Iona's training is coming along, but will take time. Aiden did what he needed given how the situation escalated. Other agents of Sokolov who cause issues can only be mitigated to a point before the root cause needs to be addressed in some fashion.", finishes Diego finally pausing to let Chen speak.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego

Chen stands silently as Diego vents on him. Spelling out all the difficulties of the mission and the complications he had to overcome. The speedster almost seems pleased with this response, as if that is what they had hoped to provoke. No effort is made to interject. Only when Diego has finished does Chen's speak.

"I refer to the Sokolov situation. Iona's training is progressing too slowly. Further it broke from mission halfway through. Dr. Sokolov himself is constantly undermining our operations ... and we can't even prove it. All we have is the word of people who are his political enemies such as yourself. You were in intelligence. Have you come up with a plan to resolve this issue?"

There is a brief pause, more to allow Diego time to think about the question than to answer it. Chen continues at a stead pace afterwards.

"I said that if you completed this mission successfully it would earn you Praetor Null's favor, and it has. They would like you to devise a strategy for handling Dr. Sokolov undermining our work. A means that does not involve direct confrontation. Praetor Null has also granted you the privilege of seeking an audience with them once more."

Chen's left hand raised at that point, and he motioned to the table.

"Or, if you rather, we can discuss your poor management of personnel and your constant bad habit of leaving your people behind without direction or leadership. A leader cannot lead if they are not present. It is also quite convenient that you were absent when my asset and Dr. Sokolov's representees were attacked by Macro-Virus Abominations. Some would even call it suspicious. But I'm sure you have a well thought out justification."
OOC wrote:Diego gains 1 point of Null's Favor for successfully completing the mission to forestall Stronghold military development in Hadron City and maintaining it as a political victory for Null. He also has another clear route to gaining further Favor, though it isn't the only means. Things that advance Null's agenda will earn you their Favor.

John

When John shows up to meet with Corporal Sander in her office, she looks past him. Briefly frowns. Then focuses on the mercenary once more.

"I was hoping to get you, Iona, and Ascendant Gonzalez together for this ... but I'm not sure if it can wait."

Picking up a tablet from her desk he pokes and swipes at it while talking.

"I got hit with two pieces of weird minutes ago."

Thurning the tablet around, so that the screen faced John, she handed it to him. There was a video waiting to be played. After hitting play a scene unfolds. An image is being taken of the characteristic haze over Ward 3. The wound in the sky that Praetor Null made in their battle with Dr. Impossible.

Vibrant red light pours out of the haze, following the line in a now visible tear. The light didn't move like light. It moved like a liquid. Spreading and pooling around the tear. It looked like the sky had been stabbed with a great blade and the wound was bleeding. This lasted perhaps thirty seconds, then the blood-light was gone. The sky returned to it's usual distorted haze. But there was a small speck in the sky growing bigger. Coming clearer into view as it fell inevitably to the earth.

A block away a gunmetal gray hunk of metal and limbs crashed into the ground, just as a Stronghold APC on patrol was rounding the corner. It came to a halt. Soldiers spilled out. Two went forward to investigate. The video zooms in on the fallen object, which proves to be a person in a suit of heavy Hadron-tech armor. The helmet is cracked, split in two. The rest of the armor has cracks, dents, and scorch marks.

The armored figure slowly stirred. Pushed themselves up. A gauntlet clad hand moved to their face plate. Half of it fell away. The rest was removed by hand, revealing woman with dishwater blonde hair and blue eyes. There were blue symbols painted on her cheeks. Blood from a head wound caked her hair. Her left cheek was torn and bloody. She looked up, saw the mercenaries approaching her, and her face twisted with rage. She yelled something in a language John did not understand, then she took long hafted axe off of her back and ran at them.

That is when Tilly reached over and tapped the tablet's screen to pause the video.

"That's Major Maja Karlsen, callsign Valkyrie. She trained under Master Hitori Zanzo and lead a group of heavy infantry with special melee training that developed a reputation for effective tank busting during the war. All women. They got Imperator's attention, and he made them his honor guard. Called them his Shield Maidens. None of the Shield Maidens have been seen since Impetrator disappeared. Now she's attacking Stronghold patrols in Ward 3. The Ward this base is located. That's going to draw Stronghold's attention here."

IF John looks ready to ask questions, he holds up her hand to stop him. Then he takes the tablet from him. Her dark fingers poke, and swipe at the screen once more. After while he hands him the tablet again and another video is set to play.

Initially John may think he is looking at a horror movie. But then he sees some familiar street names. It's taking place in Hadron City. There is a large group of blood caked people in tatter clothing walking down a street. They attacking other people. Breaking into places. A zoomed in image of one of the attackers shows they have pale skin drained of warmth and vitality. There is also a bullet hold in their head.

"Walking corpses or some twist on the Macro-Virus ... I don't know. If the Macro-Virus is spreading in Hadron City we're in trouble. Stronghold is moving to lock down the neighborhood. It's in Ward 13. Narrow window of time before Stronghold establishes a perimeter and getting in or out becomes much more difficult."

She doesn't pause this one, instead allowing John to continue watching the brutal scene of what looks like a zombie horde rampaging through the streets. Tilly does speak up, however.

"I told security to inform all of you that I needed to speak with you. But if you see Iona or the Ascendant before I do, please bring them up to speed."
OOC wrote:There are two situations, but the group is only going to be given the opportunity to try to tackle one. Ignoring the events is also an option. No, you may not to split up and go after both.

These are time sensitive. You need to tackle the event of your choice soon, or not at all. As in, right after your current scenes.

These are optional scenarios. You won't be penalized for not taking advantage of it, other than some short term increase in Stronghold's activity in the respective areas.

Aiden

The mechanical arms halted their work, but Dr. Sokolv's hands remained in motion. He rotated his hands. Stabbed fingers at the air. Make elaborate gestures. Nothing seemed to be happening, but the man's attention was focused on something that Aiden couldn't perceive. Still, he continued the conversation.

"There are some ground based transport jobs for you to run. Nothing so exciting as your adventure in Las Vegas, but it will keep you occupied and perhaps give you the opportunity to broaden your skillset."

There was a brief pause, then the doctor looked directly at Aiden.

"There is nothing pressing, however. You may take some time to decompress."
OOC wrote:Aiden completed his mission, but he compromised Anna and when he learned about the secondary objective at play, he let Diego score the political win that Dr. Sokolov wanted to steal. As a result, he isn't going to be able to use Shrike for a while and he will eventually have to make amends with Anna.

Unless there is more that you would like to do or say the scene may end there.]

Iona

"I am interested to hear what has you so excited. Go on."

While Iona spoke, the doctor worked at carefully extracting one of the tumor-growths from the arm. Taking care not to damage the tumor itself. Then he made a shallow insicion at the top of the tumor. Picking up a pair of very thin tweezers he inserted them into the opening he had created and clamped onto ... something. Gradually he drew the tweezers can, holding a chitinous worm with a tooth mouth at one end. Dr. Sokolov held the worm up, at eye level, and inspected the wriggling creature for a moment. Then he deposited it into a jar and seal it.
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden

Aiden sighs softly. Ground transport? He isn't convinced this will extend his skillset more than form as punishment.

"Thank you, sir." Aiden turns to leave.
I don't think there is anything else on my end.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner

John allows Corporal Sander to finish with her briefing before speaking.

Ascendant Chen demands that I see him immediately, though he is wrapping up a meeting the Dark Ascendant now. Both situations are problematic but prioritizing one of them will require both the Dark Ascendant and Miss Iona’s input. If Miss Iona is not here, then we must obviously default to the Dark Ascendant’s judgement. I shall lend aid in whatever way I can.

John stands up and nods respectfully to Sander. “Ma’am, I’ll go notify the Dark Ascendant that you urgently wish to see him.

As John leaves the meeting room, he takes a deep breath. Mulling over the information just presented to him, he tries to discern which threat is the greatest. Both issues bring problems to The Movement, but the increasing scrutiny of Stronghold in Ward 3 seems to be the greater threat.

John makes a beeline for the meeting room with Ascendant Chen. When he arrives, he waits for the two Ascendants to finish their conversation. When the door opens, John nods to both.

Sir,…”, John says looking to Diego. “…Corporal Sander has some important intelligence which she wishes to share with you as soon as possible. I have just been briefed and will be able to discuss it as soon as my meeting with Ascendant Chen is concluded.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona watches with interest was Doctor Sokolov extracts the worm-like lifeform from the tumor.
OOC: Is there anything else Iona can discern from the procedure that Doctor Sokolov is performing? Perhaps through a Medical/Expertise roll?
During the mission, Doctor, I was extracted from a difficult situation by the Jaguar-Man, Romper. I believe he is still in possession of the strange, “Black Heart” artifact which is so desired by Ascendant Gonzalez. I spent several days at his Las Vegas base-of-operations where he was a generous host. He is also in possession of a Hadron-Tech battery, which I charged in exchange for safe transport back to Hadron City.

The young cyborg pauses for a moment, appearing somewhat uncomfortable as she continues to speak. “He and I are…well…courting so to speak. I’m not sure when I shall see him again, but I believe that we will keep in contact with one another. I hope that you don’t disapprove.

Once again Iona pauses, searching Doctor Sokolov’s face for some sign of approval or disapproval. She waits for some kind of response before continuing.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Mist

Diego was about to give one of those quick retorts only frenemies can give before moving on to mutual interests. Something to the effect of John being Chens representative and should be able to do simple protection jobs without supervision shifting the coincidence back on to Chen. Before he got it out though, John entered the room."Close the door.", simply says Diego waiting fo the door to close.

Redirecting his remarks back to Chen, Diego continues regardless if John stays in the room or not. "My intelligence on Sokolovs operation is unfortunately minimal. He has a relationship of some sort with the First Generation and operates out of an underground converted hospital. Getting information from the First Generation will be a tricky affair after Hitori ate one of them. Sokolov has also shown to be tapped into multiple communication channels. Unfortunately, the joint nature of this base requires some information sharing with Iona plus whatever listening devices Sokolov's people may have planted. So, first order of business is to limit discussions here to joint base operations to reduce the information differential a little.", begins Diego.

"After that the plan is to shift loyalties of his followers as is possible to gain an inside man into his operation. Once we have that we can setup a scenario that proves Sokolov is working against us even more than Anna being one of his agents and Aiden confessing to bing used to me. It will not be a quick plan unfortunately, but if any opennings occur sooner they will be taken advantage.", says Diego.

Moving to leave to discuss business with Sanders, Diego starts to head out. "Now I have leadership duties to attend.", he simply says.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona
OOC wrote:If you want to gleam something about the techniques Dr. Sokolov is using, make a Medical check. If you want to try to figure out the nature of his subject ... the worm and the tumors ... make a Medical check AND a Science check. The DC will be raised on the Science check, because you are using a very general Skill. Together that would be two Medical checks and a Science check.
Dr. Sokolov holds the small jar at eye level and observes the toothed worm thrash about inside he container. Eventually he sets it down on a nearby tray, then looms over the arm once more and inserts a tubular probe into the insision he had earlier created. Meanwhile he stares ahead, as though peering at something far away. When Iona mentions her developing relationship with Romper, the doctor stops moving for a second ... then resumes working again.

"Courting? Isn't Romper the one whose drug lab you raided? The criminal. I am wondering what your thought process on this is. Do you think courting such a person is a wise course of action?"

Diego and John

There is sudden, sharp, turn of the black blur's head as Chen turns it to look at John when he opens the door. The return to focusing his attention back on Diego is at a more controlled and steady pace. IT is only as the black cloud begin to withdraw from the room that Chen's warbling voice mounts a response.

"If a vulnerability cannot be found, you may have to engineer an opportunity yourself."
OOC wrote:When Diego meets with Tilly, he will receive the same briefing the John had. Though he'll receive an additional bit of information, in that the Forgotten Ones are continuing to tail Major Karlsen..

John

After the menacing nanite cloud has flown out of the room Chen's blurry hand motions to one of the chairs across from him a the conference table.

"Take a seat Mr. Steiner."

The Ascendant's tone indicated it was not an invitation, but a command. Now that Diego had departed the room, John become the focus of the speedster's inhuman attention. Though his facial features are distorted due the incredible speeds he moved at, John get's the sense he is being scrutinized.

"What is your assessment of the mission to Las Vegas, and those involved? "
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
"What is your assessment of the mission to Las Vegas, and those involved? "
John sits down before Ascendant Chen. This is a moment that John knew would come; a moment he has played over in his mind several times. He sits erect with good posture, like some cadet at a military-school. “Ascendent, thank you for this opportunity to give my report. I hope that you will find it to be a sober account of the events of that occurred during our mission.

The initial entry into Las Vegas was without incident. Our team procured an automobile, albeit one that needed some maintenance; and we rented an oversized storage unit to work on it. We also managed to acquire a small motel room nearby. This room was to be used to detain Ms. Semenov for the appropriate time. Again, this proceeded without incident.

While at the storage unit, The Dark Ascendant left us to acquire more intelligence of the area. It was during his absence that we discovered that Doctor Sokolov’s spy-contact - to be met by Aiden Starr - was none other than Ms. Anna Semenov, a woman who’s acquaintance I had made previously while on leave, and who is the daughter of the Stronghold Board member we sought to persuade.

It was also during this time that a loud banging noise began to resound from a storage unit several areas down from our own. Previously I had noticed a man outside the storage unit who had locked it shut. At the time, there were no other noises: growls, screams, grunts, or yells coming from the unit. Since it was locked and there were cameras as well as people outside, I felt that it could violate the priority which we had placed on stealth if I attempted to break into the unit to observe. I immediately sent a coded text to the Dark Ascendant requesting his presence. I felt that he could enter through a crack or air vent or some other opening to investigate without making any noise or perhaps without being observed. I cannot account for how the Dark Ascendant assessed our situation. He opted not to return, and I chose not to violate our cover as we were relatively quiet in our storage-unit. At the time I was armed only with a suppressed pistol. In hindsight, the creatures which emerged from the unit would have easily killed me had I attempted to confront them armed as I was. Only the aircraft-based weaponry of Shrike or Miss Iona would have been able to safely dispatch them.

After Aiden's aircraft dispatched the Abominations, we were forced to board Shrike with the automobile in our possession and flee the city. We found a spot in the desert, met up with the Dark Ascendant, and plotted how we would re-enter Las Vegas. It was upon reentry that we were stopped my military personnel. The Dark Ascendant and Miss Iona demonstrated incredible firepower as they destroyed several platoons of soldiers in scarcely the time it takes me to describe it. From that moment, Miss Iona served as a distraction, flying in the opposite direction, while we switched vehicles and continued to drive into the city. What became of Miss Iona after that, I have no idea.

From that point we managed to steal another vehicle on our way to acquire Ms. Semenov at a location where she was performing. During this time, Aiden managed to meet with her alone, while I had to ditch our newest vehicle due to it being identified. Aiden and Ms. Semenov left together, headed to a location of her choosing, a street-race headed up by underworld types. I managed to lose the police and acquire a different vehicle, which I used to pick up the Dark Ascendant and meet Aiden at the racing-location; but Ms. Semenov had melted into the crowd by the time we arrived. Apparently, a deal had been worked out with Aiden and the Dark Ascendant that if they won a race, Ms. Semenov would agree to “lay low” with me until the appointed time. They skillfully orchestrated a win and what looked like a hopeless mission turned into a reasonable success.

In summary, I’m confident that the mission was messier than Praetor Null would have liked. However, the team managed, through willpower and leadership, to overcome all obstacles. The greatest obstacle was the misfortunes of having several abominations emerge from the very storage facility at which we were hidden. But even that was overcome. I have one last statement followed by a request. It is clear to me that my skills in the last two missions have been of only marginal use to the tasks at hand. Firepower and tactical advice is not what the team needs most. Instead, it seems to me that someone with great subterfuge, social, and infiltration skills would be more valuable. I am at my best training and leading soldiers; and dealing with direct military threats that are posed to our cause. I respectfully request a transfer to an occupation that would allow my strengths to be greater utilized. Furthermore, this would open a position for another advisor and observer with skills better suited to aid the team.

This concludes my summary of mission. I am ready to answer any questions that you have or feel I addressed inadequately.
"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Solid

Diego made his way to Sanders office shifting back into his form in his old life with a slight beard of black hair with a black leather jacket, jeans, and black shirt. As he enters Tilly's office he takes a seat. Looking over the two videos, Diego holds his remarks until after Tilly finishes her spiel plus remarks Valkyrie is being tracked. "What is known of the status of Strongholds forces in and around Ward 13? Do we have any fighters or assets in the ward? While Iona and I could likely stem or slow an initial spread in Hadron City it will come at a cost of exposing our strength even more. Something Stronghold will likely exploit despite us helping to stem the flow of the Macrovirus in the city.", inquires Diego adjusting his tone as to sound human with all the vocal inflections that go along with it.

"If Stronghold does seem likely to be able to handle the spread, what do you think the chances of us converting Valkyrie to our cause is? If she persists in these attacks our already nearly compromised base will almost certainly be compromised. One of Dr. Sokolovs operatives on the mission we just returned threatened to expose our location to Stronghold. Given he is actively working against the interests of Praetor Null and his forces, I can see him using this as an excuse to expose our base without being blatant about it. She would also be a powerful warrior for Praetor Null if her rage was more focused.", continues Diego.

He needed more data and quickly before putting forth a plan. Plus, him going alone to either wouldn't be optimal either. Against the initial stages of a Macrovirus spread, he could do some damage, but Iona and John to an extent could also chip away at it. the getting away would be the hard bit. For confronting Valkyrie with them, Sokolov would see first hand Null's forces getting stronger with possibly using the situation to expose Sokolovs treachery in some fashion.

One other question sprung to Diego's mind before pausing to let Sanders respond. "What is the underground sewer system like in Ward 13? Would Stronghold be able to prevent creatures from escaping into it and getting to the rest of the city or worse, the Undercity?", inquires Diego. His voice feigned concern as if worrying about the city as a whole. In reality, he cared about the people and the city only as far as it would further his aims of saving the planet and defeating Stronghold.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego
Diego wrote:What is known of the status of Strongholds forces in and around Ward 13? Do we have any fighters or assets in the ward?
Till leans back in her chair and looks up at the ceiling for a few seconds. Thinking to herself no doubt. When she mounts a response he drops her eyes back to Diego and straightens up once again.

"We, not specifically people operating out of this base but the greater 'we', have people living and working out of almost every Ward. There isn't an organized operation like ours in Ward 13, but people are there. Do you want to try to get in contact with someone living there?"

A well maintained dark eyebrow raised as she posed this question to Diego. It remained poised for a moment, then relaxed as she moved on.

"As for Stronghold's forces in the Ward 13, they have the usual patrols. They'll have to mobilize a sizable external force to secure an entire Ward. If we're talking about containing the Macro-Virus ... they aren't going to be fast enough."
Diego wrote:"What is the underground sewer system like in Ward 13? Would Stronghold be able to prevent creatures from escaping into it and getting to the rest of the city or worse, the Undercity?"
"Ever since Stronghold discovered us frequently exploiting the sewers and other tunnel systems they have set up drone patrols, and in some cases static security systems. They don't have combatants in place. They'll likely see the ... things ... but may not get people in place to stop them from leaving the Ward until it is too late. Entry into the Under City is easy if you can find the access points. No one is guarding them."
Diego wrote:... what do you think the chances of us converting Valkyrie to our cause is?
As the discussion shifts from tactical to social the Corporal paused to think once more. She quiet, introspective, for a little while.

"She was the head of Imperator's honor guard. She's already part of the cause. Do you mean bring her in under your command?"

"I met her a couple times. Valkyrie is more of a leader than a follower. She's prideful, stubborn, and has a reputation for being honorable. If she were in a bad situation and you helped her out of it, she may feel honor bound to return the favor. She'd likely need a great deal of independence. That all said, she'd make a good commander for the fighting force you are assembling."

John

Zachary remained in place, looking down at the seated mercenary, as John gave his report. There was no instance where it looked as though he would stop John or otherwise interject. Instead waiting for everything the soldier had composed to be shared. His initial statement was simple and direct.

"We will discuss your request for a transfer at the end of this debriefing."

A second later, the topic was set aside and the Ascendant's warbling ... vibrating ... voice went on. The tone was just as probing as the words themselves.

"You discovered something of tactical concern in a city under threat by the Macro-Virus and reported it to Ascendant Gonzalez . He decided to ignore your request for support? What was Iona's reaction when you informed her and why did you not withdraw from the area?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Solid

Diego listened to the input and his hope of Stronghold being competent enough to handle the Macrovirus in their fortified city was dashed a bit. Last thing he wanted was Hadron City becoming like Las Vegas with whole building burned to stop the spread. That was to say nothing of what would happen if they got into the Sewers unchecked or the Undercity. If they got into where there was a maze of tunnels they could never be rooted out. "My concern is for any operatives of Praetor Null and those sympathetic to the cause there. We are out matched as is and being actively sabotaged by Sokolov and his operatives. the last thing we can afford is to lose man power.", says Diego when he finally speaks in a mix of Spanish and Arabic accent he use din his past life. "Reaching out ot talk to them would only help us prevent the spread by locating the clusters.", adds Diego.

"Our facilities are woefully underequiped with vehicles for getting around quickly as well. My movements may be able to go unnoticed, but Iona under it's own power will only spur Stronghold to swarm the ward even more. That is not to mention how it or John would get out. My latest mission out has left me behind on administrative duties here. What is our current capacity to get to the contaminated area before Stronghold?", inquires Diego.

Switching gears, Diego addresses Valkyrie. "In regards to Valkyrie, my interests are more in ensuring she will not go rogue or defect to Sokolov. If she would become a commander for our units to be brought up all the better. Has the Forgotten seen any hints of the sort of trouble she is in?", further inquires Diego.

The Valkyrie situation was potentially easier to resolve while keeping the bases ward with less attention. Letting the Macrovirus spread within Hadron City was unacceptable, but would make distractions for Stronghold who could justifiably use it as an excuse to lockdown the city more. His mind was tilting to the vision of Imperator burning the spread. Diegos own ambitions were starting to overtake his contribution to the cause. Tilly always had a way of making him see that. Without Iona's presence, Diego didn't think it likely he could stop the spread himself, however. At least long enough for Stronghold to arrive.
Supernaturalist

Iona

I am not certain how wise it is…”, Iona looks away from Doctor Sokolov and her eyes wander, “I am hoping that a slow courtship period will determine that. He is ambitious and powerful. There is a part of me that is attracted to that…I must admit. Only time will tell if his values and mine align enough to create a lasting bond.

Her attention drifts back to her creator and mentor. “I just want to know if it meets your approval, even if it is only a tenuous approval. If you outright object, then I shall have nothing to do with him. I owe you far more than I owe him.

The beautiful cyborg clasps her hands and looks to Doctor Sokolov interested both in his response to request as well as the research he is doing.
OOC: Here is the first Expertise: Medicine roll to learn something about Dr. Sokolov's research technique: Medicine Roll to Assess Technique: 1d20+15 17. So, a total of 17...not so great considering the super science nature of the research. Now for the Medicine and Science rolls (in that order) to determine the nature of the worm and tumors: Medicine Roll for Tumors and Worm: 1d20+15 33. So, a total of 33. Science roll for Nature of Worm and Tumors: 1d20+15 23. So, a total of 23.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
"You discovered something of tactical concern in a city under threat by the Macro-Virus and reported it to Ascendant Gonzalez . He decided to ignore your request for support? What was Iona's reaction when you informed her and why did you not withdraw from the area?"
John continues to sit with perfect posture as he responds to Ascendant Chen's questions:

"It would be quite presumptuous to say that he simply ignored it. I cannot testify to his assessment of my text. It's possible that the severity of the situation was not properly communicated. After all I did send it in a cryptic message to avoid detection. He may have also felt that whatever the situation was, we were to take our own initiative in dealing with it. Again, I'd rather not speculate as to how he assessed it. I received a text response which seemed to indicate that he was not moved to urgency by my text. The blame for that could be mine as much as anyone else's.

As for Miss Iona, she seemed to agree that we needed to extract ourselves from the situation especially when the report from Aiden came that one of the Abominations was spewing some kind of chemical into the air. I overtly stated that we should leave as well; and Aiden seemed to concur at first. But after a moment he stated that there was nowhere nearby that he could land Shrike, so that seemed to take that option off the table. He then concluded that the firepower of Shrike was needed to address the situation and he immediately engaged them with the aircraft's weaponry. Given that we could not easily be extracted by landing Shrike nearby, it is difficult for me to fault him for taking the initiative and attacking the Abominations. One thing that is evident is just how dangerous the Abominations were. If I had attempted to dispatch them alone with a suppressed pistol and knife, which were the only weapons in my possession, I would have been summarily killed.
"