Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by kenseido »

AEGIS Field Office, Phoenix Bay

The man stares down at the report and grits his teeth. The young punk made fools of them. Again.

Well, this is the last time. Screw Director Powers. He would prove to everyone that these heroes need to be shut down.

He picks up the phone. "Jenkins. I am approving Operation Firestorm. Take down Happy Computer."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight and Nightbird

The two heroes find the girls waiting in the room quietly. They seem to freak out a bit and flee out the fire escape.

It's easy to follow them now as they head straight back for their "base" without any regard for being followed.

Aranel and Imogen are shocked to find a junction area in the sewers blocked off and being used as a giant meeting place. When the two girls arrive the collapse immediately.

They are not alone, all of the missing girls, plus a few older women are all laying there unconscious. When they awake, nobody remembers anything that happened to them.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Imogen wasn't subtle about following the girls after they fled the hotel room, she was more concerned that they could turn into demons as well and unsurprisingly when other residents of the area saw her and Moonlight following the girls they suddenly found something more important to do in the opposite direction.

[color=BF4040]"Something is really off."[/color] Imogen muttered to Aranel as they followed the girls "They aren't even trying to hide or get away even though they must know we are right behind them, I don't think they are demons but it just doesn't make sense."

After arriving at the junction in the sewers, Imogen starts to check the unconscious women if they are okay, even giving one or two a gentle shake to try and awake them. Once they start waking up, Imogen askes Moonlight to check if she can sense anything unusual about them before contacting the ambulance.

In between waiting for the medical services and firmly telling any of the women that they have to remain here and can't leave, Imogen used her commlink to contact the rest of the team.

"Nightbird here, Moonlight and I have just encountered a bunch of what looked like demons wjen we were investigating the girl gang down here. Anyone else having demon trouble?"
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Aranel followed behind Nightbird as they tailed the girls back to their base. But she agreed with Imogen, something is really off. Why were these girls acting this way, why did they have memory loss about their activities? Magic is an obvious answer after what they have seen, but they are no closer to answers as to who is behind all this or for what purpose. "We need to talk to the police again after all this, find out what the girl gang has stolen, it might clue us into what is being planned."

"It is times like this I wish I could sense magic. I can see in low lighting, I can sense the flow of air around things, but anything unusual here is beyond me." It is like whoever is behind this knew to avoid the notice of Phillip and anyone else who might be able to trace them easily. "Moonlight here, the demons were humans transformed by magic scepters or rods activated remotely. They seem focused on the girl gang and if we hadn't intervened might have abducted them or worse. If we had a way to trace any magical energies left behind we might locate who is behind all this."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight and Nightbird

The police tell you all of the items stolen were simple money or obvious items of value, jewelry, etc... Stuff that can be turned into fast cash. Nothing that leads to any obvious motive.

Over the next few days, through cryptic messages, Philip reveals there is no connection between the two incidents. Ghost Strider's contract to eliminate the Guardian of the Dragon, while was intended for his brother Grant, carried over to him and bound the demon to Earth until complete. He grew tired of failing and setup the ambush. The scrambler used to block his commlink isn't fancy and is readily available on the black market.

As for the hotel and sewer base, Philip says there are no lingering magical energy to follow. This seems to be more troubling to him than anything else.