RainOnTheSun

Re: Vanguard Academy OOC Thread

Post by RainOnTheSun »

"But Valerie, aren't you making yourself a huge target now too?"

"What? No, shut up!"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I know it's kind of strange that I am suggesting rolling more given my luck with dice, but T-man, would it be helpful if we rolled Perception every time we moved around the zone?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'd like to point out that Blair/Indigo has never spoken about seeing things far away from her. She is a teleporter. But how she teleports to places she can't see has not been asked of her and she has not volunteered telling anyone about her farseeing. She thinks, from early childhood experience, that talking about seeing things far away is "crazy talk" and it will take her time to realize that it isn't crazy talk given she's in a school of superhumans. All of you talking about seeing things far away openly is a bit of a shock to her and she will eventually open up. But not today.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally knows he has to look at a faraway place to portal there (unless they are very close or pre-memorized). It's reasonable for him to assume other teleporters need to do that too.

EDIT: Though if you feel it is too 'metagamey' or particularly wanted to keep that secret, I can revise.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

kenseido wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:50 am I know it's kind of strange that I am suggesting rolling more given my luck with dice, but T-man, would it be helpful if we rolled Perception every time we moved around the zone?
I won't require it, honestly I thought the seek part would go a little longer, but the dice are fickle that way. But if anyone wants to make checks they are more than welcome to do so.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Another question for the GM, before we get to the "wrecking stuff" phase...

Regarding Power Stunts- the rules say that when you use a Hero Point for a power stunt, the Alternate Effect lasts until the end of the scene or until its duration expires, whichever comes first. For an instant power (an attack effect, for instance), does this mean "usable repeatedly until end of scene" or "usable once, instantly, repeat by spending more Hero Points"? I've seen both versions used, though I think the second interpretation is RAW correct- I wanted to check before I go crazy...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

T-Man: can we get a rough distance of the street sections between corners? For example, on the left the street going away from the camera between the corner near the red Xs and the corner near the Blue X. And then the distance left to right from corner to corner.
Shock

Post by Shock »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:25 am Another question for the GM, before we get to the "wrecking stuff" phase...

Regarding Power Stunts- the rules say that when you use a Hero Point for a power stunt, the Alternate Effect lasts until the end of the scene or until its duration expires, whichever comes first. For an instant power (an attack effect, for instance), does this mean "usable repeatedly until end of scene" or "usable once, instantly, repeat by spending more Hero Points"? I've seen both versions used, though I think the second interpretation is RAW correct- I wanted to check before I go crazy...
I agree that it means the second version. It's one use for an instant power like an attack. But if it's a sustained power (like a forcefield), you can use it until you turn it off or the scene ends.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mack went through one before when the group went into the gaming room.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

He dismembered himself and tossed a piece through?
Oh well, he's supposed to be forgetful so it all works out in the end.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Happy Birthday Shock!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Happy B-Day, Shock!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Thanks guys :D :D
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Happy... day after birthday! Still counts, right?

Still counts.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Definitely counts. Hope it was a good one, man.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."