DCU Question - Jack of Spades II

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Cinder

DCU Question - Jack of Spades II

Post by Cinder »

On page 150 of Heroes and Villains Vol 2, the name of Jack of Spades II is given as Robert Danforth. Does anyone know the source of this name? I cannot find any reference to it on the DC Wiki. It is this character (based upon the background). Longshot, but I think some members here contributed to the book, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
FuzzyBoots

Re: DCU Question - Jack of Spades II

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Probably not helpful, but this fellow used the same name as far back as 2017 (that's the earliest Internet Archive reference I could find).
Currently running The Freedom City Neophyte Experience IC OOC
Also The Freedom City Neophyte Experience Part Deux IC OOC
My Builds
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Thanks Fuzzy. I stumbled upon that too.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I just finished checking every listed appearance of the Jack who was part of the second Royal Flush Gang. In none of them is he given a civilian name -- even in his first story arc, which names all the other members of the Gang! -- so that name comes out of nowhere, as far as I can tell.

(Best case scenario is that someone involved in the writing of DCU:H&V asked Gerry Conway, and he came up with it right there and then.)
I'm not fourteen hundred years old! I've been sixteen years old fourteen hundred times, but I'm definitely not fourteen hundred years old! If you can't get that through your skull, I'm divorcing you!
Tsukasa Tsukuyomi, in
Fly Me to the Moon, by Kenjiro Hata
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Davies wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:26 pm I just finished checking every listed appearance of the Jack who was part of the second Royal Flush Gang. In none of them is he given a civilian name -- even in his first story arc, which names all the other members of the Gang! -- so that name comes out of nowhere, as far as I can tell.

(Best case scenario is that someone involved in the writing of DCU:H&V asked Gerry Conway, and he came up with it right there and then.)

Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Cinder
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

If I run into him at a family reunion I'll see if I can find out.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site