She Hulk Attorney at law

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
mrdent12

Re: She Hulk Attorney at law

Post by mrdent12 »

The fourth wall breaking was a little overboard, but it definitely was a good episode that didn't just feel like filler or fluff.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

It was great to see that character back, it does make me wonder what the tone of his own Disney show will be, I'm hoping for a mix of this and the more gritty Netflix version.

I couldn't help but notice just how much unnecessary damage Jen caused during their brief fight, weirdly I found myself thinking that as a lawyer who deals with 'damages' you'd think she's be a bit more careful.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That's her thing in combat throughout the series. If it's not some idiots with special weapons, she goes overboard in combat due to all she has going her is her strength and being pretty hard to damage.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

My pet theory is that, while she doesn't have a Hulk personality, part of the transformation does influence her brain chemistry. We already know she's more confident as She-Hulk, but I think there may also be some degree of lack of comprehension of consequences (classic psychopathy in some ways) or reduced empathy ("puny humans") going on. It would match up with Matt's comment during the goon fight about insanity defense alternatives, especially given that was part of the Blonskey defense, that the serum/blood drove him a little crazy.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Episode 10 in the books the season finale and it was HILARIOUS!!

Overall this series has been fun as heck. I find myself smiliing all the way through each episode both good and bad. its just plain FUN.

Cant wait for season 2 or even Jen appearing on the big screen
Spoiler

That opening a tribute to the old 70s hulk show

Jen in trouble thanks to the intelligencias shenanigans

Jen confronts the Intellgenica and emil

Bruce appears todd gets powers MAYHEM

Jen breaks the 4th wall in the funniest way possible

Jen has a talk with Kevin who isnt what you think he is

Jen asks the questions we all want to know

and the shows genius rears its head as it goes full circle back to what it always was

Lawyer show :lol:

oh and Skarr appears now we know what Bruce has been doing on Sakaar all this time

and Matts back

And wong gets emil out early
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The finale was fun, but the whole fourth wall breaking felt used a bit too much. I get what they were going for and it was a change from the norm for MCU, but the execution was lacking a bit. The acting was pretty good, but the scripts could have been better wrote.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Honestly i think the way she did it was the point of the exercise, the entire series they've been about subverting tropes such as the hall fight sequence which they subverted in the prior episode then used straight up in the finale. They basically have taken expectations and turned them on their ear and did it in the funniest manner possible
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It speaks volumes a show like this with the idea being to subvert tropes in a super obvious fashion can exist in the MCU. While it was a bit much for me, that is the strength of the MCU. It doesn't need to have every corner of it enjoyed by everyone. It's one of the things other attempts at a shared universe lack.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Like most of these shows it was okay, not great but entertaining enough to keep me watching until the end. TBH the only show I've enjoyed enough to watch twice has been Hawkeye, though I am looking forward to season 2 of Loki. It's a bit weird to me that the most exciting moments in the show were not due to the title character but because of the guest characters (DD, Emil, Wong etc.)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The point wasn't to highlight the title character so much as point out tropes, toxic fandom, and verge of parody while still being part of the MCU as best I can tell.
Davies

Post by Davies »

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:15 am It's one of the things other attempts at a shared universe lack.
I think Star Trek is starting to get close to what you're describing -- on the one hand you have the ultra-serious Picard, on the other you have the utterly ridiculous Lower Decks, and held between the teeth you have the surprisingly innocent Prodigy, and yet they're all clearly stemming out of the same shared reality.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sounds bout right. I stopped watching most of those shows except Brave New World's and Picard. I've heard of lower Decks, but I thought it was a kids cartoon.
Davies

Post by Davies »

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:32 pm Sounds bout right. I stopped watching most of those shows except Brave New World's and Picard. I've heard of lower Decks, but I thought it was a kids cartoon.
It's more like a Simpsons or Family Guy-style cartoon.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Davies wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:14 am
mrdent12 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:32 pm Sounds bout right. I stopped watching most of those shows except Brave New World's and Picard. I've heard of lower Decks, but I thought it was a kids cartoon.
It's more like a Simpsons or Family Guy-style cartoon.
They use a loosely similar animation style but the tone and stories are more related to the Orville. the series takes a bit of a tongue firmly planted in cheek look at the star trek series and has a bit of fun with it but also surprisingly tells some fascinating stories as it does along with some major character development

Catsi stories