Curse of the Crimson Throne Campaign [Pathfinder 1st Edition] (Recruiting)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
betterwatchit

Curse of the Crimson Throne Campaign [Pathfinder 1st Edition] (Recruiting)

Post by betterwatchit »

Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path for Pathfinder 1st Edition

The City of Korvosa, one of the greatest cities in the world of Golarion, has more than its fair share of crime.

All of you have been wronged in the past by one Gaedren Lamm, a crimelord of Korvosa, and you finally have your opportunity to either bring him to justice… or to bring justice to him!

Also, each of you will have read this anonymous message, which you either found somewhere meaningful or had sent to you, written on a harrow card:
Anonymous wrote:I know what Gaedren Lamm has done to you, he has wronged me as well.
I know where he dwells, yet I cannot strike at him.
Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset, others like you will be there.
Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done!

Curse of the Crimson Throne Character Creation:

Everyone starts at 1st Level with 20 points (See page 16 of the Core Rulebook).

Most races, classes and archetypes are allowed, ask me if there is any doubt. The Curse of the Crimson Throne is an urban campaign, so city-focused classes and archetypes are highly suggested. Heroes of the High Court, Heroes of the Streets and Ultimate Intrigue are excellent resources for urban classes and archetypes.

Maximum GP is taken at level 1 and maximum HP is taken when levelling up.

You must take two traits, one of which must be a Campaign Trait from the Curse of the Crimson Throne Trait Guide PDF linked below. The Campaign Trait explains your connection to Gaedren Lamm and how exactly he wronged you.

The other trait can be taken from the Character Traits PDF below or from any Paizo book.

As well as Taldane (the Common Tongue of the Inner Sea region), other human languages spoken in the region include Varisian and Shoanti.

Curse of the Crimson Throne Trait Guide PDF

Character Traits PDF

Allowances:
Unchained classes are allowed.
Firearm use is allowed, but Golarion (the world of Pathfinder) is at the level of Emerging Firearms (see Ultimate Combat for more information).

Restrictions:
Alignment must be non-evil.
No mythic characters allowed.
No 3rd party material allowed.
Vivid

Re: Curse of the Crimson Throne Campaign [Pathfinder 1st Edition] (Recruiting)

Post by Vivid »

Is this module/setting only for Pathfinder 1E? I'm better with 5E or even Pathfinder 2e.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Sorry, but it is only for Pathfinder 1E.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

You might get more responses on the Paizo forums, RPG.net, etc.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Nirmali.jpeg
Nirmali.jpeg (30.67 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Nirmali Katihar
Female Human (Vudrani) Wizard 1
Deity: Irori
LG Medium (5'4", 102 lbs.) Humanoid (Human) (age: 25, Hair: Black, Eyes: Dark Brown.)
Init +2; Senses: Perception +1

--------------------DEFENSE--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 6 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +2

-------------------OFFENSE--------------------
Spd 30 ft.

Melee: Unarmed Strike +0 (1d3/20/x2)

Wizard Spells Known (CL 1): 1 (2/day) Chill Touch (DC 15), Magic Missile, Bounced Ray of Enfeeblement (DC 15), Vanish 0 (at will), Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue (DC 14), Mending.

--------------------STATISTICS--------------------

Str 10, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 13

Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12

Feats: Bouncing Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Mastery.

Traits: Widowed*, Magical Lineage (Ray of Enfeeblement)

Skills: Acrobatics +3, Appraise +8, Diplomacy +2, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +1, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +3

Languages: Taldane (Common), Ignan, Kelish, Osiriani, Osiriani-Ancient, Varisian, Vudrani.

SQ: Empathic Link with Familiar (Su), Opposed schools (Enchantment, Divination), Healing Grace (x1)(Su), Favored school (Necromancy (Life)), Share Essence (1d6) (7/day) (Sp), Share Spells with Familiar.

--------------------SPECIAL ABILITIES--------------------
Spell Mastery: Nirmali can prepare the spells: Chill Touch, Ray of Frost, (Bounced) Ray of Enfeeblement and Mending without a spellbook.

*Campaign Trait: Widowed - +2 bonus on Intimidate checks. * - from Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide, not the COTCT adventure path hardcover.

Gear: Traveller's outfit (basically a sari), a torch, a empty sack, belt money pouch.

Money: 20 gp.

Caw-Caw: Arcane Familiar (parrot). Neutral Tiny Magical Beast. Init +2; Low-Light Vision; Perception +9

--------------------DEFENSE--------------------

AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +1 natural)
hp 3 (1d10-1)
Fort+1, Ref+4, Will+4

--------------------OFFENSE--------------------

Spd 10 ft., Flight (40 feet, Average)
Melee: Bite (Parrot) +5 (1d3-4/20/x2)
Unarmed Strike +5 (1-4/20/x2)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

--------------------STATISTICS--------------------

STR 2, DEX 15, CON 8, INT 6, WIS 15, CHA 7

Base Atk +1; CMB +1; CMD 7

Feats: Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Finesse.

Skills: Acrobatics +6, Climb +2, Fly +6, Perception +9, Stealth +14

SQ: Improved Evasion.

History:

Trained by a magical institute in far away Vudra, Nirmali was obliged to learn a handful of spells in and out so deeply according to her eventual caste of scholar that she may now prepare those without a spellbook. Business matters brought Nirmali's employer and fiance, Nigana to the city of Korvosa, but the deal was a trap, Nigana was killed by Gaedren Lamm's thugs and the rest of the company was assaulted and robbed, leaving most of them dead.

Nirmali has now been trapped in the city slums for a few weeks, aware of the conditions of her former lover and the rest of her colleagues who had survived the attack (and quickly abandoned her and left the city with the remaining money and necessary travel documents), but was unable to do anything about it. Thus she is now all alone in Korvosa except for Caw-Caw, her companion parrot.

Without the funds to go back home to Vudra (she had to pawn her spellbook for food and cheap lodgings!) and The Acadamae recently rejected her application to join due to her reluctance to study conjuration at their stubborn insistence; she is now considering to join the other Korvosan school of magic, the Theumanexus College despite her feelings toward what she regarded as a much inferior institution compared to the more prestigious Acadamae.

But it beats starvation and poverty.
Last edited by Shadowmask on Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

The All Alone trait (Which I presume Widowed is a re-skinned version of) only grants a +1 trait bonus to Intimidate. It does make it a class skill for you, though.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Yeah i thought about it but decided to keep the Widowed trait instead. Don't feel like tacking on a Class Skill that won't see much use for a wizard although the bonus to intimidate checks is fine. But if that's an issue I'll edit it.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

It's not an issue. But I actually have some good news. Your INT Modifier of +4 allows you to have four bonus languages!
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Hmm. Are you still trying to do this? It's been about a month now.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.