AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Tripping the Nexus

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 3
Cnd: Fatigued

The dark haired woman peered through her binoculars. She watched the cabin. Studied the hairy man. Then panned her view around the area one last time before lowering the binoculars and looking to her Man-Bear companion.

"Our priority is the hostages. Triggering alarms may risk harm to them or at a minimum tighten security around the hostages. Ideally we locate the hostages before striking. We go in quiet."

At that she tucks her biangulars away and draws the blaster pistol from it's holster. she holds it low, in one gloved hand, and with her index finger alongside the trigger. A singular nod is given ahead of them.

"Take point."

OOC wrote:Evelyn has not told Kodiac about anyone's abilities.

Here is a Perception Team check to assist Kodiac in spotting traps. Perception Team check to aid Kodiac.: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10

I don't know if Evelyn's Metal Sense would affect finding these particular traps. But it is Accurate.

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[14] - Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
[06] - Flight 7 [Flaws: Platform (-1/r), Quirk "Requires Metal" (-1 pp)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 1 > 0 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Kodiac nodded slightly, pleased to see that the Captain's preference was the same as his in this situation.

"Okay no rushing and nice and quiet, do you have much experience in the woods?" Kodiac asked Evelyn.
OOC wrote: Assuming Evelyn replies in the negative ... Kodiac continues.
"Follow where I go but stay several feet back in case I fall into a pit or something. Stop when I stop and if you see anything unusual let me know."

Kodiac waited for a moment or two if Evelyn had any further questions before heading into the woods. Feeling more comfortable in the woods, Kodiac moved at a steady pace checking that the Captain was able to keep up while checking the surrounds for any signs of traps, tripwires or anything else out of place.
OOC wrote:
Kodiac Wildness: 1d20+13 29

Kodiac Perception: 1d20+10 14
Hmm use HP to reroll

Kodiac Perception: 1d20+10 30
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

Luke sees about a half dozen men dressed in fatigues, all of them sporting a cybernetic arm, each with a different looking weapon on it. They all also have some mechanical piece over one eye and ear. The smallest one, who's arm looks like a regular arm only silver is speaking at the gate. The other five look ready for some violence.

"I don't know if my associates will wait much longer before they start trashing your pretty little headquarters. I mean, it would be a shame for Captain Gracen to come back to a trashed base all because you were trying to protect a low-life thief." The one talking definitely reeks of "snake-oil salesman."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark and Kodiak"

The pair of heroes are able to make it to about 500yards from the house avoiding all of the snares and traps. This area around the house has been cleared out of most of the brush. Anything that hasn't been cleared almost surely has some sort of trap or warning system.

Kodiak recognizes the movements from the hairy man outside as somewhat feral. He is clearly relying on all of his senses and sneaking closer will be more challenging.
To get closer unnoticed, you will need to make Stealth checks. There will be penalties since there isn't much cover and as indicated, the little cover you could use is trapped.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
XP: 3 pp
Cnd: Vulnerable

"Didn't you two learn your lesson from our past fight!?!" Elizabeth raises her voice scornfully at the two attackers. Now that the innocents have been removed from the area, both her hands move in semi-circles as she briefly chants. Once fully extended a shadowy vapor spews forth from her palms at the villain directly in front of her on the table.
OOC: “Necrosis” - Ranged Necrotic Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance - Fortitude; Flaws: Quirk: Only Affects Organic Life, Distracting).

Here is her attack roll: Ranged Entropy Blast: 1d20+10 21. So, a total of 21. Not sure if that hits.

Also, since it is the next round, I'm not sure if Elizabeth is still Impaired. if she is, then does she get a resist roll since it's a new round? Regardless, Elizabeth is considered "Defenseless" this round dues to the use of her power.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Rather than indicate what her skillset did or did not include, Evely replied with a professional ...

"You are on point. I'll be relying on your judgement."

After Kodiac gave his directions, she nodded in acknowledgement. Before the moved out she added in one a final comment.

"One of the kidnappers has bestial augmentations. That usually includes enhanced senses. See if you can find something to mask our scent along the way."

During their trek Evelyn follows Kodiac's example and moves where and how he does. She also points things out for him to take a closer look at before they advance.

When the pair close onto the edge fo the clearing the AEGIS Captain has Kodaic lead her in a circuit around the clearing. During that trek she inspects the cabin and the clearing around it. Checking lines of sight and angles of approach, as well as taking in the structure of the building itsel.
OOC wrote:The man who kidnapped his ex-wife and kid was an AEGIS Agent. That means he was trained to operate a certain way. Methodologies that Evelyn, as an AEGIS Officer, would be familiar with. Here is an Expertise AEGIS Officer check for Evelyn to try to estimate the tactics he would use for holding his hostages/prisoners, such as where/how to secure them: Expertise: AEGIS Officer: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23

Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[14] - Move Objects 12 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp)]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
CND: Ice Cold

Upon seeing the presumed Cyborgs, Luke knew it was a bit too late to talk. If he could keep them occupied long enough for Jake to get into position, they could wipe the cyborgs out. "Smart plan. Attack an Aegis headquarters. Before we get all shooting and freezing, let me come down there so we can have a quick chat on who this low life thief is. I know quite a few so you might help me refresh my memory.", says Luke over the intercomm.

He motions to Jake. "Looks like just you and I. Probably want to take these jokers out as quick as possible and lay low somewhere else for a few days. Miami girls love Cajon accents.", says Luke as he starts heading to the gate. "Be ready when I say.", says Luke.

Heading down to the gate, he is less than optimistic. Still, he's faced worse and he wasn't called cool for nothing. "So, who is this low life thief and what makes you think I'd had them over if I had them? Not sure if news has spread yet, but I am a bonafide Agent of Aegis now. Handing over possible thieve isn't in the handbook. I should know. I've reread it recently."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 0 LP: 1

Kodiac was quietly impressed with how the Captain handled herself in the woods, a lot more professional than some of the others he had had to travel with in the far North.

When they got to the clearing Kodiac followed Evelyn's signs and took her on a loop round the clearing pausing when she wanted to examine the surrounds more thoroughly then continuing. All the time he kept his senses focused especially on the visible lookout
OOC wrote:
Kodiac Perception: 1d20+10 23
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

Elizabeth's blast hits Angel, but he shakes it off easily. He overconfidently swings at Madame Macabre but is off-balance and misses wildly.

Meanwhile, Buddy comes rushing in, but Eric snaps his fingers. Mid-step, Buddy is suddenly facing the opposite direction and runs back out of the coffee shop.
Angel FORT save: 1d20+12 31
Angel Unarmed Attack: 1d20+13 14

Eric and Buddy are mixing it up

Madame Macabre is back up
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark and Kodiak

Evelyn has a hard time guessing his tactics. He was a solo agent and didn't work with teams and definitely never led any. Plus, none of the others are former AEGIS operatives. He only has one lookout, but if he has enhanced senses, it limits your ability to make use of blindspots.

Kodiak can see a few snares in the little cover that is out there. No high-tech surveillance, though. No signs of solar or other power generation, so there won't be much more than battery operated devices.

The lookout definitely appears to be looking around, but he isn't moving around to the backside of the cabin. He does, however, seem to be listening and smelling the area intently. He also has a small walkie talkie and large hunting knife on his belt. There are several smaller blades stashed around his person.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

"Luke, stalling is only going to lead to a lot of property damage. That you will be blamed for. We know Jake is here. You don't want to risk your happy new job on a criminal who keeps getting you into trouble, do you? What would Linda, Chelsea, and Max say if you got kicked off the team over this?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen

Evelyn takes the time to rub leaves and dirt into her skin and AEGIS uniform. Something basic to help mask her human smells with natural ones. Even a little could help. When she finished he brought up her left hand and made two chopping motions towards the back of the cabin, indicating that they should exploit the lack of vision there. Evelyn then waited for her companion to lead the way, once more following in his wake.
OOC wrote:Here is Evelyn's Stealth check: Stealth: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17

Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Kodiac
HP: 0 LP: 1

For a big man-bear or bearman, Kodiac could move quietly when he wanted to but before they headed towards the cabin Kodiac's nose twitched one more time checking for any unusual scents.

Taking the lead Kodiac made his way towards the back of the cabin.

OOC wrote: Kodiac will check with his extended and acute scent if there are any unusual smells before leading the way to the cabin.

Kodiac Stealth: 1d20+8 17
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark and Kodiak

The two heroes are able to get within a 50 feet of the house.

Kodiak doesn't pick up any unusual smells, not for land where people are living.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

XP: 3 pp
Cnd: Vulnerable

When Angel gets close enough to take a swing at Elizabeth, she decides he's a little too close for comfort. Throwing both hands up in to the air she chants "Lanuae Magicae!" and teleports some 30' behind him. Now staring at Angel's back, the pale young woman places her left hand upon the Hexfire Amulet hanging from her neck. From an outstretched right hand, a searing stream of fire erupts towards her foe.
OOC: She'll use the Amulet to change the nature (descriptor of her primary attack. Now it's a Ranged Fire Damage 8 [Extra: Accurate, Dimensional (all mystical)] 19pp. Note: the power may seem a little odd, but I tried to balance out the pps in this case. Also, I tried not to break the PL cap since it improves her attack roll by +2. Here is her attack roll: Hexfire Attack vs. Angel: 1d20+12 25. So, a total of 25.