[MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [MM3]Sunstormers - OOC

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'm good to move towards the meeting- Vickie is going to go shop for a phone as soon as it gets dark, and she will ping Khemis once she has one, so hopefully she can be looped in by meeting time. I'll put up a brief IC post of phone shopping sometime today to cover this.

For reference, something like this:
https://www.target.com/p/tracfone-prepa ... lsrc=aw.ds
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Just came across the concept of the Real Life Superheroes. I wonder how much they might influence how Sunstormers are received?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-life_superhero
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Phew....as far as I know, most of law enforcement does not like them that much, so that might not help much ;)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

True, but it at least gets the idea of people in costumes running around doing good deeds out there, so people doing the same with super powers is a smaller step than costumed people appearing out of nowhere...

Of course, depending on what Nemesis is up to it might all be irrelevant anyway...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Costumed vigilantes is not a new concept. In literature, they started appearing in the early 1900s: Scarlet Pimpernel, Zorro, The Shadow, and eventually Superman and Batman.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

True, but their being real people, if only normals in costumes, is different to their being purely fictional, at least in my book...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'll try to get a coherent IC post up in the next day or two- it has been a very mentally draining week.

I'm also working on another side story which will get Nemesis another playmate.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Because we just don't have enough on our plates already!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

It's only day 2
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tony Jones wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:50 pm Because we just don't have enough on our plates already!
Luckily for you, it is very much somebody else's problem (or rather several somebodies, since it ties together about a half-dozen character arcs). You might see some collateral damage, but that ought to be it.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Plan on getting a post up sometime today, but am kinda trying to figure out... what to write for it. Mostly because Khemis just dropped a massive info-dump on us and I think in a typical conversation Sunny would have interrupted the flow of that at several points. You know, to ask clarifying questions or offer up counter-arguments to whatever is being stated that would have probably changed the course of that conversation, stuff like that which would normally happen organically but now isn't because damn that was a massive info-dump.

And I can't for the life of me figure out how to address all of that at once, which has been bugging me since Tony made that post because there's just so many things Sunny would want to bring up but I'm not sure which to start with as a conversation piece to get the flow going. Doing it piece-by-piece by just quoting bits and pieces at a time feels like it'll just break the conversation into multiple threads addressing each part as everyone else has to address things piece-meal, which isn't really how conversations normally flow. But trying to keep a singular flow of conversation is really hard when there's so much that needs to be addressed and each aspect to be addressed would probably be sparking off a different direction for how this conversation will likely go...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Yes, it was a lot. Sorry! But I wanted to get it out there en masse, rather than drip feeding it as could easily happen otherwise.

I've edited it to add she asked everyone to let her tell everything at the start, as a justification for her speaking uninterrupted.

Other than that, I guess we'll just have to do our best...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Just ask the questions. The IC doesn't have to be "in order".
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Yeah, it seems like a lot both IC and OOC. Even with Quickness, I was planning on having Vickie just be a bit overwhelmed, staring at Khemis throughout the whole piece, growing progressively more wide-eyed. Then look at everybody else in turn, before replying in that city-honed "dealing with a crazy person" voice.

In fact, let me go do that IC, right now.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

By the way...I am planning to do a series of time jumps between scenes now because things are coming into motion slowly. So, I would need some info on what you folks will be doing over the next 2-3 weeks.