Vanguard Academy IC: Dorm Daze

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Vanguard Academy IC: Feels Like The First Time

Post by jmucchiello »

Blair says, "Birds? Oh, you mean women. I suppose that where 'chicks' comes from. I never read the school rulebook. And I've never played pool." She notes that he didn't call it billiards. :) "So I'll at least watch a match before trying it. I'm a first year, yes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
HP: 1 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Snarky

"Yeah, I just picked up 'Pool' in the last few weeks. I'm better at Snookers. Or if there weren't pockets and the balls were different colors it'd be Billiards, but you yanks had ta 'do your own thing', again. Like drivin' on the wrong side of the street. P'shaw."" Wally says.

"But if we want to go..." he hooks a thumb over his shoulder at the portal and takes a step backwards with an 'after you' gesture to those gathered.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Oh, for sure," Blair says, assuming she can see the gaming room. "I'm very curious to port without me doing it."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok
Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

Emerging around the end of the wall that separated the dormitories from the main school buildings, Zoska turned and began walking across the grass towards where she thought the library building was.

Her eyes widened as she came in sight of a group of teens, including one who was an animated skeleton, around some sort of silvery portal in space, and she quickened her pace towards them, walking confidently over in their direction, a smell of smoke preceding her.

"Hello!" she called in her thick Eastern European accent. "This is not something you see every day!"

She waves at the portal and at Max.

"I am Zoska Vitoldovna Ipatava, new student here just today," she adds, looking around at the others.

[OOC: Now she is reasonably close to them do any of them have any particular distinctive smell/taste about them that Zoska might pick up on?]
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Mesh
HP:1

" Sure...been a while since my last magic portal", Mateo says, stepping through.
A moment later, he hears the voice of the newcomer, turns around and waves through the portal. " Hi there! Name's Mateo. Welcome!"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dennis Sloane
HP: 1, LP: 3, Condition: Fine

Dennis looks around his dorm room, content with his work.

Wards on all four walls and on the ceiling and floor by both the door and window and salt line on the window sill. He doesn't bother with salt in the doorway as it would be too obvious and attract too much attention.

He puts the salt back in his bag and pulls out the 2 Dollar Store welcome mats to cover the two wards on the floor. Dad always loved the irony of covering wards with welcome mats.

His foster parents went ballistic when he tried to draw wards in his shared bedroom, but when Dad took him in, he was very accommodating. He helped him find a water soluble paint that could be cleaned off with a little effort. It meant he would need to reapply them more often, but it was worth it to keep the peace.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Stormdancer
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Allison felt the wind start to rise almost immediately- it did not have the slightly salty "feel" to it that the local breezes did, in this ocean-side city. This was the dry, dusty wind that had blown across a thousand miles of grassland. Keeping one hand on the branch she was perched on, Allison reached her other hand out in a grabbing gesture, that last frantic snatch at the dog's collar before it went bounding off...

Again she heard her father's voice in her head, still stern, almost angry but farther away as she asserted her self-control. "Go on girl. They're Alphas, right there in front of you! Take 'em out before they come for ya!" She shook her head, shaking off the voice, and it faded with a snarl. Then she twisted her hand, and the wind withered and died away, gone back to wherever it had come from...

Situation under control, she looked back across the lawn at the group of students she had seen before. Another girl seemed to have joined them, nearly as strange a sight as the skeleton "Boy"- and they seemed to be gathered around a silvery disk that hovered in the air. Allison leaned forward, watching intently, trying to make sense of what she was seeing...
Shock

Post by Shock »

Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

"Street Fighter 2? HA!" Chris laughed. "There's nothing Turbo about that. My dad played that when he was a kid."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Skew
HP: 1 | LP: 2 | Cnd: Snarky

"Well, thas a mouthful of a name."" Wally says to the newcomer. "You'll choose a short super-name, right? Like, 'Smokestack'?" he asks having caught a whiff from her.

"Like, call me 'Skew'. I got a longer 'andle me parents saddled me with but Skew's an awesome name."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Sery Cmok
Hero Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

She waves at Mateo through the portal. "Thank you!" she tells him.

"It is first name, patronymic and family name, as names are done at home," she replies, looking Skew dead in the eyes. "Which is Belarus. But call me Zoska ... Skew."

"As for my superhero name, it will be Sery Cmok. Which is Grey Dragon in Belarusian. Smokestack is not a good name. Might as well call yourself 'Chimney' and get it over with!"
Last edited by Tony Jones on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

The sound of an authority filled voice fills the air. "Attention all new students. Please be at the Harry Manfredini Auditorium in two hours for student orientation."

OOC wrote:Giving everyone a chance to wrap up any other RPing they want done before getting things going.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Shock wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:15 am Chris Butler
HP: 1 LP: 4

"Street Fighter 2? HA!" Chris laughed. "There's nothing Turbo about that. My dad played that when he was a kid."
" And?" Mateo asks, " Retro-gaming is awesome. Videogames and the internet are two of the most fun inventions ever made! A story you can take part in? It's genius!" Of course, he'd been there for many 'stories' and legends told over the course of history - heck, he even had his own epic - but being presented with a tale about someone else that one could live through was still new.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Maximilian "Mack" Butler
HP: 1 Status: Normal

"Great, now we've got a time limit," Mack shakes his head, "Okay, so which way are the dorms? And the Harry Man-"

He stops, his head pulling back as he considers what he just said, "Wow, that's an awful name to give a kid."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Violet
HP: 1

Valerie winces. Two hours? But that's right when the stream is going to get serious!

"I'm sorry, Wataru-kun," she sighs. "You'll have to face the undead without me."

She brings up the file with the notes she's collected on the other students - forewarned is forearmed, after all. One of them is named Hack, which made Valerie hope that she was into computers too!

She was not into computers.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Dennis Sloane
HP: 1, LP: 3; Condition: Fine

Dennis finishes unpacking his clothes and things before the orientation meeting. He makes sure everything is good before leaving. His eyes catch the computer still turned off at his desk. Dad never trusted them. During some of the entrance interviews, it was clear he was going to have to learn to use one.

He goes outside a little early and waits by the main door. He has memorized the map - for all the good that will do him, but to make sure, he will wait until a group of students head over and follow them over.