Rumblings about Captain THUNDER

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Ken

Re: Rumblings about Captain THUNDER

Post by Ken »

Libra X wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:28 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:32 pm
Libra X wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:59 pm I love the idea of Captain Thunder’s next stop after Metropolis, Earth-1, being the Rock of Eternity - but I’m a little on the fence about Merokee keeping an office there.
I didn't say "Rock of Eternity". I said "Rock of Infinity".
Whoops, sorry about that (out of curiosity, may I please ask if you see this as a distinct entity for the Rock of Eternity or as the Rock of Eternity by a different name?).
It's a giant stalactite hanging down from the vastness of nothing at the center of the omniverse.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Libra X

Re: Rumblings about Captain THUNDER

Post by Libra X »

It occurs to me that a plausible alternate to the Rock of Infinity would be to borrow from the mythology of the South-Western First Nations: I believe there’s actually a legend of the first human beings having to be led out of a cave system into the World by a Culture Hero whose name escapes me.

It might be quite fitting to show Captain Thunder setting up a secret HQ in that cave system (though it would be sensible to state for the record that, while Merokee began his career as a Mohegan shaman, his career as a wizard led him much farther afield - to places & powers his countrymen never knew - hence a shaman of an East Coast nation coming into a relic of the creation myths of a culture from the Southwest).

Perhaps one could call this place “The Cave of Marvels”?