Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Termite

Post by Jabroniville »

THE TERMITE (Neil Donaldson)
Created By:
Dennis O'Neil & Luke McDonnell
First Appearance: Iron Man #189 (Dec. 1984)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 6 (75)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Art) 2 (+4)
Expertise (Saboteur) 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Evasion, Improved Defense

Powers:
"Mutants Powers: Dissolving Matter"
Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Affects Objects Only +0) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: Burrowing 8 (16 mph) (8)
"Reform Matter" Transform 2 (Anything to A Different Shape) (Extras: Continuous) [8]
"Dissolve the Ground Beneath Him" Movement 1 (Safe Fall) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Weaken Toughness +4 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Termite busts stuff up for money in order to finance his artistic career.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 16 (75)

-The Termite is a goofy industrial saboteur hired by Obadiah Stane to take out his rivals, including Tony Stark's company. He repeatedly escaped Rhodey (then Iron Man), but wasn't overly successful as a villain- when he ran amock after hearing a nasty comment about his sculpting, he was singled out again. Tony, no longer Iron Man, arrived with Forge's "Mutant Power Neutralizer" and zapped Termite with it, removing his powers. He was eventually captured (he doesn't put up much of a fight; he's just good at escaping), and is still seen in prison years later (The Enforcer was hired to execute him by Stane, who didn't want to be revealed as the originator of the hit, but he was himself killed by the Scourge of the Underworld). The character is later seen in jail, bemoaning his ruined life. Just a one-off who never even got a real name until a bio book in 2010.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Mandarin! Temugin! Spymaster! Whiplash!)

Post by Shock »

How is the Termite not an Ant Man villain?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:46 pm How is the Termite not an Ant Man villain?
Too small time *nod nod*

:lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Ironheart

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL okay I didn't know she'd changed the look. The pink armor is MAGNIFICENT.

IRONHEART (Riri Williams)
Created By:
Brian Michael Bendis & Mike Deodato
First Appearance: Invincible Iron Man #7 (May 2016)
Role: Legacy Character, Genius Black Girl, Ares's Favorite Character
Group Affiliations: The Champions, Stark Industries
PL 10 (184)
STRENGTH
0/10 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 6 (+8)
Deception 3 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+10)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Ironheart Weapons) 2 (+8, +10 Suit)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 9 (+15)
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Equipment (Gear in Suit- Radio, Jammer & stuff), Improvised Tools, Inventor, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 1, Set-Up

Powers:
"Ironheart Armor" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Only Riri, Remote Control) [97]
Enhanced Strength 10 (20)
Protection 9 (Extras: Impervious 9) (18)
Immunity 6 (Cold, Heat, Radiation, Pressure, Suffocation 2) (6)
"Boot Rockets" Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)

"Targetting & Environmental Sensors"
Enhanced Advantages 10: Extraordinary Effort, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover & Concealment), Ranged Attack 3, Withstand Damage (10)
Enhanced Dodge & Parry 2 (4)
"Armor Sensors" Senses 11 (Extended & Infravision, Extended Hearing, Radar 4, Detect Energy- Ranged, Acute & Accurate) (11)

"Repulsor Rays" Blast 10 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical, Variable Energy Descriptor, Penetrating 4) (27) -- (32)
  • AE: "Repulsor Stun" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Split) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (31)
  • AE: "Uni-Beam" Damage 10 (Feats: Penetrating 5) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Distracting) (15)
  • AE: "Electro-Magnetic Pulse" Nullify Technology 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Sustained) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
  • AE: "Sonic Attack" Dazzle Audio 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
  • AE: "Holographics" Illusion (Visual) 5 (10)
-- (117 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Suit Unarmed +5 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Repulsor Rays +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Stun +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Uni-Beam +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
EM Pulse +10 (+8 Nullify, DC 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
"Out of Suit" Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +1, Fortitude +4, Will +6
"In Suit" Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +10 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Heroism)- I mean... I guess?
Responsibility (Teen)- Riri Williams is a young teenager in a world of adults, both at school (MIT) and in the superhero realm.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 97 / Defenses: 16 (184)

-Yayyyyyyyyyy- good ol' Marvel, right around their last big "Diversity Push", introduced Ironheart, an ingenious young black girl named Riri Williams. She fits a lot of the same tropes as her contemporaries- young, a visible minority, and female. She's also representing what a lot of new black characters are in terms of being... well, BOLD about how good they are. I've been told this is somewhat of a "you have to be EVEN BETTER to stand out" kind of a thing, where this boastful personality is a defense mechanism to stand out more when you're one of the few black people.

-Riri Williams is of course a Teen Genius- 15 years old, she has a scholarship to post-secondary and designs a similar suit to the Iron Man armor, in part because of some backstory where a frustrated teacher, tired of Riri's demands for more challenges (because the teacher actually VALUED her skills and wasn't giving the adversity that a rebellious Riri anticipated), just blurts out "You'll never be... Tony Stark!". And so of course Riri sees THIS as a challenge and moves towards it. To me, it seems like she was so eager to be this oppressed girl proving people wrong that she was going to base her identity around it... and got annoyed by people actually giving her validation instead. Which I think is actually kind of clever and funny, but it sets her immediately up as a spiteful, argumentative type. But she ends up stealing gear from school to make the armor and flies off with it when campus security shows up. Tony is naturally impressed when he hears about this, and gives her his blessing- part of a tendency of late '10s Marvel characters to REALLY vocally endorse the new Legacy Minorities so the fans will buy into them by proxy (because that trick ALWAYS works).

-Riri does some stuff and helps out Tony here and there, and is forgiven by her school since I guess she's the best. She manages to beat the Armadillo as one of her first super-villains, and helps out during Secret Empire, eventually joining the Champions (the new teen team). When she learns that teammate Viv Vision has a crush on her, Riri reacts with what she describes as "internalized homophobia", but the two make peace when Riri is controlled by Blackheart into nearly killing her. She later takes part in the "young heroes are outlawed" story that was absolutely slaughtered by COVID in that year, and has largely just become a "Regular Teen Hero" rather than a replacement. I dunno- all the worst YouTubers in the world hate her, others take individual panels and find she sucks, and I've never read her in anything, lol- I don't know what to tell you.

-Riri is... a smart Teen Genius (but I think like, regular "Child Prodigy" genius, not secretly the smartest person in the universe like Valeria Richards or Moon Girl or whomever). She's got a basic PL 10 version of Iron Man's armor cuz I dunno, I never read it! She's a Teen Iron Man, so I just made her Iron Man Lite! Smart, capable and able to build facsimiles of the suit IN A GARAGE! OUT OF SCRAPS!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Yeah she's a terrible character, hopefully in any future appearances the more shitty aspects of her personality will have lessened but I wouldn't bet on it. She's actually going to appear in the MCU soon (both in the Black Panther sequel and her own Disney TV show) so we've all got that to look forward to :roll:
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Skavenger

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Whiplash! Masters of Silence! Ironheart- Riri Williams!)

Post by Skavenger »

I'll try to get ahead of the flood. There's nothing inherently *wrong* with Riri Williams. She's had some questionable stories told about her, but the basic framework of the character (likes to prove she's the best, a bit of ego, a bit of pride, a bit of drive to live up to people who weren't as fortunate as her to get to have her opportunities) has nothing inherently wrong with it. People might not like the stories, but there are characters who have come back from worse introductions to become key figures in comics.
EternalPhoenix

Re: Ironheart

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 am -Yayyyyyyyyyy- good ol' Marvel, right around their last big "Diversity Push", introduced Ironheart, an ingenious young black girl named Riri Williams. She fits a lot of the same tropes as her contemporaries- young, a visible minority, and female. She's also representing what a lot of new black characters are in terms of being... well, BOLD about how good they are. I've been told this is somewhat of a "you have to be EVEN BETTER to stand out" kind of a thing, where this boastful personality is a defense mechanism to stand out more when you're one of the few black people.
Correct. I'm not like this, but a lot of my people are. Especially the younger generations. Black teens can have swagger for days, because if they don't celebrate themselves nobody else will. Especially the girls. Whether certain folks want to admit it or not, being both Black and female is a bit of a handicap in these United States. And the youth know it. So the boldness is a pre-emptive strike against anyone who might minimize who they are. Because I like to think all of us here know that there's certain people with certain predetermined ideas about what Black folk and women are capable of. Or should be allowed to be capable of. But that's enough of that.

How well it works for a fictional superheroine, well...your mileage may vary. Riri doesn't annoy me, specifically because I grew up Black. I knew girls who were bold enough to make her look shy and demure back in the day. Her introduction, however, was goddamn awful. She looked like, at first, an outright replacement for Tony Stark and that was never going to go over well. Should've took the Rhodey approach. Make it clearer she was a temp sub until Stark returned. Because obviously he was gonna. And when he did, they still could have shuffled her over to the new teen hero set. Ah, well. TV and movie division will make a mint off of her, it the success o Black Panther is any indication.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Despite not liking teen sidekicks (which Marvel also used to be against) the idea of a teen with the smarts she has isn't a terrible idea in of itself, it's more how she acted towards others and how others acted towards her. I understand that someone may have a pre-emptive strike attitude but she treated pretty much everybody she met terribly and was hugely undeservedly arrogant, dismissive and condescending which she continued even towards the people who enabled her to be Ironheart. Actually, she's very similar to Moon Girl in that regard.
Maybe it would've been better for her to be called out over her shitty behaviour instead of rewarded for it and constantly praised.
And of course there's this, which granted I'm not a black girl so maybe my opinion on it may not count but I have read comments by black comic readers who found it insulting.

main-qimg-7448ee9d32aae6df2969a1c905ffc80a-lq.jpg
main-qimg-7448ee9d32aae6df2969a1c905ffc80a-lq.jpg (83.45 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
[/url]
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Ironheart

Post by Ares »

Okay, before I say anything, I'd like to address something else first.

Way back 2018, Batgirl III made a post where she "fixed" one my posts via a quote. It was a harmless bit of fun on her part without any malice intended, I'm sure.

So I let her know, as politely as I could that I don't like people 'editing' or 'fixing' my statements for me. That it's a long time pet peeve of mine that can really, really annoy me, and I asked her to stop. Which she did, thankfully. I didn't ask her to undo her edit, erase anything, or apologize, because again, she didn't know. I just asked her to stop.

I'll be the first to admit that it's silly to get bent out of shape over something like that, but something about having my words, thoughts or intentions deliberately misinterpreted always annoyed the heck out of me. Maybe it was years of being on a debate board where a lot of disingenuous posters would deliberately misinterpret or misrepresent my stated opinions. Maybe it's my belief that the words and beliefs of a person mean something, and deliberately misrepreseting them or taking them out of context is, to me, incredibly dishonest and insulting. Whatever the case is, it bugs me.

So statements like this . . .
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 am Role: Ares's Favorite Character
. . . cutesy little "LOL, he hates this character so Imma say she's his favorite" statements like that, harmless and silly though they may be, ticks me off. As with Batgirl III, I'm not asking for an apology or for you to change anything because, well, how could you know? I never said anything in the hopes that this little running gag of yours would go away on its own. But it didn't, so I'm asking you, as politely as I can, to PLEASE not do it again. I'm not banning the practice board wide, I'm not saying you can't do it with other folks who will just chuckle it off, I'm just asking you to knock it off with me personally. That's all.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

As for Riri herself, I find her basically emblematic of the worst and most obvious aspects of Marvel's "replacement campaign" they went on back in the mid-2010's. I'd say Riri, Jane Thor and Nadia Van Dyne were the worst offenders. Riri was an example of the obvious "race and gender swap", while Jane and Nadia had their own issues. Nadia was a case of "suddenly introduced child" along with continuing to crap all over Hank Pym's legacy, while Jane was a case of "everything you know is wrong" combined with crapping over the entire Thor mythos.

Riri here was egregious in particular because . . . well, she's someone who acted extremely spoiled and entitled while demanding to be treated like the victim, despite all the privileges she enjoyed. She went to good schools, she got scholarships into MIT, Tony Stark personally endorsed her to be a hero, she was chosen by A.I. Tony and Tony's retconned mom to have access to Tony's resources, etc. But she demanded to be told she was a victim in order to motivate herself. She stole from MIT, who was already giving her a free ride. She created a knock off of Tony's original "box of scraps" armor. One of her first acts as a "hero" was to take over a sovereign country.

Basically, Riri felt like one of those internet slactivists who want to be the ones to punch through a glass ceiling that had already been shattered decades ago.

It got so bad they had to retcon a lot of tragedies into her backstory to help explain things. As of now she's basically a bratty teenage genius, not as bad as she was initially but not someone I particularly care for. Honestly, based on her history, if they ever wanted to have her go full supervillain, there's a strong case for it.

The really sad thing is that if they wanted to have a young black woman temporarily take over the role of Iron Man while Tony was incapacitated, they already had someone who not only fit that bill but had a connection to James Rhodes already built in. Lila Rhodes was Rhodey's niece, established a full two years before Riri was created, she was a teenage genius who helped modify and enhance her uncle's armor, defended her uncle against accusations, escaped from supervillains, and was able to hack/control a spare suit of Iron Patriot armor. Tony even offered to help train her and improve her abilities.

If Lila had been the one picked to take over, it would have been a bit smoother since she was established beforehand, she had Tony's blessing and personal training in a story from before she got picked for the role, and she's someone who could combine the genius of Tony with the grounded morality of Rhodey. Lila Rhodes could have potentially been a solid temporary replacement hero without all of that stupidity, honoring the legacy of her uncle and mentor.

But Bendis is going to Bendis.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Bendis likely didn’t even know about Lila Rhodes; which is probably nothing egregious, since it sounds like she was a briefly appearing minor character. I think I remember reading Riri was inspired by an actual MIT student (just the part about her being a young black engineer who built an exoskeleton, not her background or personality).

I don’t think there was anything wrong with the aforementioned characters, per se; it was the way they were presented and the writers’ assumptions that any negative fan reactions were attributable to bad motives that was objectionable.

All my best.
Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

greycrusader wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:36 pm Bendis likely didn’t even know about Lila Rhodes; which is probably nothing egregious, since it sounds like she was a briefly appearing minor character. I think I remember reading Riri was inspired by an actual MIT student (just the part about her being a young black engineer who built an exoskeleton, not her background or personality).

I don’t think there was anything wrong with the aforementioned characters, per se; it was the way they were presented and the writers’ assumptions that any negative fan reactions were attributable to bad motives that was objectionable.

All my best.
I'm gonna fix that for you.

"Bendis likely didn't care about any character who was in a book he wasn't writing."
Jabroniville

The Death Squad (Mercenaries)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE DEATH SQUAD
Created By:
Kurt Busiek & Sean Chen
First Appearance: Iron Man #1 (Feb. 1998)

-In a pretty funny coincidence, these guys share the ultra-generic, uber-nineties name as a group of guys who temporarily befuddled Spider-Man on behalf of The Foreigner in the early '90s. I would imagine Kurt Busiek was definitely self-aware over how ridiculous the name "Death Squad" sounded, yet it doesn't seem like the team was a joke. If anything, they actually proved how clever a writer he really was- how a group of low-powered guys could befuddle and even threaten a top-tier Marvel hero like Iron Man.

So the death with this Death Squad was that they were a band of mercenary "Army Guy" types set up with their own gimmicks, and hired by Count Nefaria to kill Tony Stark in the debut of Iron Man's new series, post-Heroes Return. Led by Firefight, a basic "Gun Guy", they utilize a variety of tricks- Airborne is the getaway person, Boobytrap sets up a variety of traps and hindrances for our hero, and more. Tony ducks out quickly and turns into Iron Man, and the villains give him a good challenge- Rocket Launcher hits him hard, Boobytrap messes up his boot jets, and more, but he soon starts taking the guys out. Firefight then calls it off, and everyone hooks up to Airborne (who, notably, is FASTER than Iron Man, especially with the aforementioned boot jets being gummed up), who flies them away.

But surprisingly, the group doesn't appear again until 1999's Iron Man '99 (an Annual- they'd been renamed by this point). Iron Man, investigating some ionically-powered people, is attacked by a band of old enemies- Nitro, Whiplash & the Death Squad. However, Nitro's stupidity hampers everyone, as Tony makes him explode again and again, and Iron Man quickly routes the Death Squad until Nefaria betrays them- he activates a huge ionic shock from the floor, badly damaging Iron Man's armor and seemingly killing the entire Death Squad. They have never appeared again, despite the Marvunapp writer really being impressed by them and how clever they were.
Jabroniville

Firefight

Post by Jabroniville »

FIREFIGHT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Kurt Busiek & Sean Chen
Role: Mercenary, Gun Guy
Group Affiliations: The Death Squad
PL 8 (106)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Mercenary) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Leadership, Ranged Attack 7, Set-Up, Teamwork

Equipment:
"Guns" Blast 4 (8)
"Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
"Automatic Weapons" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (11)
"Grenades" Blast 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (17)
"Grapple-Wire" Swinging (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Knife +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Guns +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Automatic Weapons +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Death Squad are mercenaries.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (106)

-Firefight is a very basic guy- I just use my "Punisher Foe Template" for him, with a few modifications. He's a good gunfighter but makes his bones by being smart and clever, as well as a good leader. When the fight against Iron Man goes against them, he makes the call to bail- his men hook themselves to Airborne, who flies them to safety.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Rocket Launcher

Post by Jabroniville »

ROCKET LAUNCHER (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Kurt Busiek & Sean Chen
Role: Mercenary, The Ranged Damage Guy
Group Affiliations: The Death Squad
PL 8 (109)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Mercenary) 5 (+6)
Insight 1 (+3)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [30]
Enhanced Strength 3 (6)
Protection 5 (5)

"Missiles & Rockets" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24) -- (26)
  • AE: "Short-Range Rocket" Blast 9 (Inaccurate -1) (17)
  • AE: "Grapple-Wire" Swinging (2)
-- (37 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Missiles & Rockets +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Short-Range Rocket +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +4 (+9 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Death Squad are mercenaries.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 7 (109)

-Rocket Launcher was the damage-dealer of the group, stunning Iron Man with an early blast. He proved durable enough to take one of his own rockets exploding at point-blank range as well, but appears doomed with the rest of his group. He's a PL 8 "Area Attacker" with some Burst Damage, a more powerful Blast than the others, and enhanced durability.