[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That's more up to the police to put toguther the case, but there's enough about that she'll likely be going away for a long time.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

And... We... are... Finished with the adventure! As usual, you all have some time during the interlude to write out any posts you'd like.

As for rewards... Let's say, 4 PP, and consider yourselves ranked up to PL 9! If you'd like to reshuffle things around any, let me know.

I'll start thinking about what the next adventure might be like in the meantime.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

One thing.

Kira probably would not have wanted to be around when the police were summoned. At a minimum, once Nolan was called, she would have teleported back to her car (a few 2 mile hops IIRC) and she would have driven it somewhere else and teleported back to meet the group wherever would be appropriate. She would not want the police seeing her parked car and getting curious.

I'd have posted about this if I'd known we were wrapping up so completely.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Not a problem. I left things vague on purpose so people could leave them how they wished, outside of what was necessary.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What's the date and approximate how much downtime are you expecting?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

May Xth, 20XX. I want to say... Friday. I usually give you guys a couple of weeks in-between major missions.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I have some ideas on reworking Chey a bit basically make her evolve from mere powerhouse to an adaptive huntress. while she'll still be an absolute unit in combat as a powerhouse, she'll show some adaptive abilities such as predator or Lightning fist or Flashstep that sort of thing just figuring out how to rework her and boost her up a notch to 9
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sounds like some good developments. The stuff learned from those coded spell-tattoo texts would be a good explanation for those changes.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:57 pm Sounds like some good developments. The stuff learned from those coded spell-tattoo texts would be a good explanation for those changes.
That was the intent yeah combined with her practicing with Felix and getting instruction from nekos grandpa among other things
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Excellent stuff guys! Great bit of personal role play. Philip and Neko of course have plenty of time to add anything of their own if they wish, but so long as I know what your upgrades are it's all good.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry for the wall of text, but this is a story I had stuck in my head for ages now. A couple months back I started writing and... well, here we are.

Special thanks to Catsi for allowing me to use Cheyenne, and for their help in getting her personality and text correct.
And an additional thank you to Doctor Malsyn for his assistance with and permission to use Antonia Rauch, not to mention a big thank you for running the game for us. I've been having a lot of fun.

I kind of wanted to have Paper Walls by Rezz & Metric playing for Felix leaving at the end, and Run Through The Jungle by Creedence Clearwater Revival for that final scene.
Couldn't really work it into the story itself without it seeming like it would just interrupt more than help set a tone.

Now to try to think up what should be next.
Road trip with Phillip? :lol:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A pleasure to have seen the final product! Amazing work, mate. More than just awarding you an extra Hero Point for the next adventure's start, I'm tempted to flat out give you an extra Power Point. But, let's keep things simple, and enjoy starting the next adventure with an extra smidgen of heroics.

If anyone else wants to put in some "Extra Credit" work during the interlude, they're free to and I'll reward you appropriately for your efforts.

Hope you guys are looking forward to what I've got in store next. I'm confident your characters are ready to take a bite out of crime too!
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

One incoming based on what Ark and I worked on

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Amazing, a pleasure to see Cheyenne at work. I imagine this Carnage guy and Longhorn could've been rivals of a sort. Well- Not really. Carnage is far too small-time for a minotaur like him.

You'll get to start with an extra HP as well, for your efforts!
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I laugh every time I see the name "Beast King Carnage" because you just know the guy's real name is like Herman Muntz. ;~)

Fun stuff Catsi!