crime lodge

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
act

crime lodge

Post by act »

since the crime lodge is mentioned in the syndicate rules story arc in JLA,how can i create my own members of the team,using the dc adventures heroes handbook,and which names should i use?,sorry to ask this question.
Davies

Re: crime lodge

Post by Davies »

act wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:50 pm since the crime lodge is mentioned in the syndicate rules story arc in JLA,how can i create my own members of the team,using the dc adventures heroes handbook,and which names should i use?,sorry to ask this question.
I would suggest using whatever names you think are appropriate and using builds of the Justice Society (in the DCA Heroes & Villains books or elsewhere) as a starting point. Nothing has ever been revealed about them, so they can be whatever you want them to be. Have confidence in your creativity.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

No problem. The first question is, which heroes do you want to mirror? Or are you looking to create original characters? What PL do you want them to operate at? Are they PCs or NPCs?

For characters not covered in the DCA Heroes Handbook (there were Heroes and Villains supplements, but Green Ronin no longer has the license to sell digital copies and the physical copies aren't cheap due to scarcity), Jab's thread is pretty comprehensive.
act

Post by act »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:01 am No problem. The first question is, which heroes do you want to mirror? Or are you looking to create original characters? What PL do you want them to operate at? Are they PCs or NPCs?

For characters not covered in the DCA Heroes Handbook (there were Heroes and Villains supplements, but Green Ronin no longer has the license to sell digital copies and the physical copies aren't cheap due to scarcity), Jab's thread is pretty comprehensive.
here are the heroes i want to mirror:
wonder woman(diana)
green lantern
the flash
doctor fate
the sandman
the atom
hourman
hawkman and hawkwoman
the spectre
johnny thunder and his thunderbolt
starman
doctor mid-nite
black canary
mister terrific
wildcat
superman
batman
liberty belle
johnny quick
they are pcs.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I think all of those exist on Jab's thread, but at various PLs. Batgirl III's thread has PL 10 / 150 PP versions of several of those, and you could probably change a few descriptors for the rest of them. Do you know who your players want to play? Or do you have a few dozen players? :)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I am pretty sure that Black Canary, Dr. Mid-Nite and Starman's Anti-Matter versions were call White Cat, Dr. Noon and Spaceman. Granted it's been a while since I read that story, so my information might be off. But I agree that using some of the suggested builds would be a good way to go.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

act wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:19 am
FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:01 am No problem. The first question is, which heroes do you want to mirror? Or are you looking to create original characters? What PL do you want them to operate at? Are they PCs or NPCs?

wonder woman(diana)
green lantern
the flash
doctor fate
the sandman
the atom
hourman
hawkman and hawkwoman
the spectre
starman
doctor mid-nite
black canary
mister terrific
wildcat
superman
batman
liberty belle
johnny quick
they are pcs.
If you want some names for the Crime Lodge, I would suggest the following (some of these names are suggested by background scenes in the Earth-Two graphic novel by Morrison and Quitely: Dr. Fate = Dr. Caprice (based around "chaos magic", make use of the Luck power and various "bad luck" Afflcitions), The Sandman =The Dream Devil (his "sleeping gas" should have an Alternate Effect that causes frightful hallucinations), the Atom = Mr. Nitro, the Hawks=Black Eagle and Lady Eagle, the Spectre =Wraith, Johnny Thunder = Johnny Genie and his Djinn, Starman =Spaceman, Dr. Mid-Nite =Dr. Noon (uses light-based weapons like lasers and blinding strobes), Black Canary -White Cat (maybe use Catwoman's character sheet as a template), Mister Terrific = Mr. Malefic (maybe drop a couple skills and advantages, give him some extra weapons and traps that let him "cheat" and "not play fair"), Wildcat = Doberman, Liberty Belle =Femme Facista The (get rid of the "Adrenaline Rush" power, add a gimmicked up whip, maybe give her some Ranged Combat ranks and a machine pistol, and some henchwomen). The others would be Golden Age versions of the Crime Syndicate, Johnny Quick, Owlman, Power Ring, Superwoman, and Ultra Man, just look at their DCA stats and scale down their PLs a little bit.

Hope that helps a bit.

All my best!
act

Post by act »

greycrusader wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:38 am
act wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:19 am

wonder woman(diana)
green lantern
the flash
doctor fate
the sandman
the atom
hourman
hawkman and hawkwoman
the spectre
starman
doctor mid-nite
black canary
mister terrific
wildcat
superman
batman
liberty belle
johnny quick
they are pcs.
If you want some names for the Crime Lodge, I would suggest the following (some of these names are suggested by background scenes in the Earth-Two graphic novel by Morrison and Quitely: Dr. Fate = Dr. Caprice (based around "chaos magic", make use of the Luck power and various "bad luck" Afflcitions), The Sandman =The Dream Devil (his "sleeping gas" should have an Alternate Effect that causes frightful hallucinations), the Atom = Mr. Nitro, the Hawks=Black Eagle and Lady Eagle, the Spectre =Wraith, Johnny Thunder = Johnny Genie and his Djinn, Starman =Spaceman, Dr. Mid-Nite =Dr. Noon (uses light-based weapons like lasers and blinding strobes), Black Canary -White Cat (maybe use Catwoman's character sheet as a template), Mister Terrific = Mr. Malefic (maybe drop a couple skills and advantages, give him some extra weapons and traps that let him "cheat" and "not play fair"), Wildcat = Doberman, Liberty Belle =Femme Facista The (get rid of the "Adrenaline Rush" power, add a gimmicked up whip, maybe give her some Ranged Combat ranks and a machine pistol, and some henchwomen). The others would be Golden Age versions of the Crime Syndicate, Johnny Quick, Owlman, Power Ring, Superwoman, and Ultra Man, just look at their DCA stats and scale down their PLs a little bit.

Hope that helps a bit.

All my best!
Thanks,but what about the other JSA and all-star squadron members?
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Well, I’d just call the Hourman counterpart 60 Munute Man or Miraclo Man, and since the evil Flash is Johnny Quick, you could do a supervillain Flash who is the GA Quick’s counterpart, but with flight and time manipulation powers, activated by speaking an equation like Johnny/Jesse Quick. If you don’t want to reuse the Crine Syndicate’s names, I’d suggest Mighty Man, Moonlighter, Green Glow, and Invincible Woman.
act

Post by act »

thanks,i should avoid legal issues with warner media and dc comics
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

In that case, I’d suggest Johnny Velocity and/or The Charger for the speedster names.
act

Post by act »

Thanks for the suggestions,guys.
Here are more heroes I want to mirror:
Iron Munro
Amazing man
Uncle Sam
Both firebrands
The ray
Blue beetle
Bulletman
Bulletgirl
Spy smasher
Ibis the invincible
Minute man
Mister scarlet
Pinky
Green arrow
by the way,i am thinking of using any other role-playing games other than dc adventures including hideouts and hoodlums.
act

Post by act »

please help me out with mirror names for those characters
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Sure thing: how about, in order, “Brick” Bronson, Mr. Miraculous, the Nationalist, Pyro and Pyro-Girl, Steel Scarab, Mr. and Mrs. Missile, Spy-King, The Incredible Imhotep, Militia Man, Captain Cobalt and Blue, Emerald Archer.

Do those help?
act

Post by act »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:12 am Sure thing: how about, in order, “Brick” Bronson, Mr. Miraculous, the Nationalist, Pyro and Pyro-Girl, Steel Scarab, Mr. and Mrs. Missile, Spy-King, The Incredible Imhotep, Militia Man, Captain Cobalt and Blue, Emerald Archer.

Do those help?
cool,man,yes