[IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Mechanically, the healing is; "Uncontrolled(5 uses only, reduced by Chyenne even further) Limited to damage taken within a round Healing 5", and has been bought up to a free action per use. She's been using a different part of that array previously.

The buckshot is more a distraction then actual damage. It's built as an affliction. You pass either way.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 5863
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: -2 Toughness | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Vicissitude


Phillip saw his chance solidifying and giving a 'hold off' gesture to the cat ninja. He pulled upon the Dark Seductive gifts of which he used sparingly (they were usually a little too 'rohypnol-esque' for his sense of morality).

Phillip cast his mind back to that diner and Ahnah's shell-endowed boyfriend, Haru. He adopts the worried tone and the natural rhythms that the kappa used in hopes she would respond to that in her wounded state. He was careful not to claim to be him but her comfort-seeking mind might come to that conclusion.

"Ahnah... No one here wants to hurt you anymore. We just... we just want you to come home. Please, just... let me lead you to a place you can lie down and rest... You must be so tired!" Phillip says eyeing the truck's bed. "And... we can even get you something to eat." he says, intensely aware of the many dead coyotes around. "Let me take care of you." he offers, lightly touching the back of her hand with his own - an offer of guidance - though he was ready to switch back to empowering his muscles with Potence if she collapsed on to him.
Deception to adopt Haru's speaking cadence and pattern
Deception: 1d20+6 9 I'll HP that
Deception: 1d20+6 15 +10 is 25, with +5 from attractive 2 is 30 (justified by this being a speechpattern/voice she's attracted to).
then Persuasion
Persuasion: 1d20+17 35 if the attractive 2 is still included that's a 40, lucky roll!
He hoped this worked.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy fires up her electricity again. "I tried to stop this peacefully."

(Still DC 18/23 dodge/tough area selective damage 8)
User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 3038
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

As Faith jumped up and fired, something shimmered into view on a ballistic leap right at her. Shotgun pellets splattered off her with a mild sting as Cheyenne yelled a warcry and 380 pounds of muscle speared Faith in midair before angling them both towards the ground with Faith on the bottom,

Cheys dodge check _: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 passed

Cheys fort check _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 passed

Chey will drop predator to regain her full movement

Chey will all out for +2/-2 and do a leaping slam on Faith _: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27 thats a Crit her damage is her strength +1 for the full movement thats a DC 31 when she hits her in the air then whatever she takes when they hit the ground

Cheys toughness save against DC 21 _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
passed

Small end note I want to see if the spear KOs her if it does I have one more action to take namely if shes KOd Chey will twist in mid air and use her leaping to land so that both land safely Leaping is a safe landing by RAW but if an acrobatics check is required to land while carrying her then _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 should be sufficent

if shes not KOd then its powerbomb off the top rope time

and for further info Chey has leaping 5 which means a 900 foot leap
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1, Fatigued
HP: 0


Felix struggled to catch his breath. The energies above him were diminishing, spent by times he'd called them down to power his attacks. The smell of ozone and burnt electronics assaulted his nose.

He wanted to stop, and yet the undead abominations still stood beneath him.

With a grimace he reached up on last time, calling down the lighting and unleashing the explosive force of his magic.

"Begone!"
OOC:
30 foot blast centered on him, DC18 dodge save, DC23 toughness save.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Magic slams down into the undead abominations with frightening force, a bounty huntress lunges upward to knock down a killer, while a paramedic tries to talk a young girl out of becoming one herself.

"Want- want-" Ahanah stutters and stumbles, her grip on the carcass strengthening with a sick display of cracking bone. A flash from the center of the clearing as Felix blasts away the last of the hungered spirits, enough to illuminate her face. Bloody tears run the curvature of her skull from emptied sockets. "Want... I want... t-to go home."

The body in her hands falls to the ground in a wet puddle of mud. A howl tears through her throat, and those nearby couldn't help but tense in response before the meaning dawns on them. Animalistic terror mixes with womanly despair as the events of the past few days finally have a chance to catch up with the young wendigo. Her knees start to shake and buckle as the strength of adrenaline fades away.

Claws dig into the ground as the crying continues, sounding increasingly human with each passing moment. Her body shudders, Ahanah's enraged form having lost its supernatural integrity. Before the eyes of those nearby, she starts to shrink. Skin ripples and pulls taught, her arms cracking and popping as they're forced out of their unnatural shapes. Where a bloodthirsty beast had been moments ago now lays a broken girl who curls inward, body shaking as sobs wrack her body. The clothing she wore before her transformation is largely in tatters, doing little to protect against the rain's chill.

In the forest, Cheyenne stands above the unconscious form of Faith, her weapons and equipment largely stripped away. She'd put up a hard struggle while they were both in the trees, but the slippiness of the branches had proven to be her downfall. When both women tumbled downward another shot managed to punch into the heroine's stomach just as they slammed into the ground in a tangle of limbs. There was no more strength left in the killer's hands as she tried to pry the larger woman off, her arms slowly becoming limp as the pain became too much.

Distant thunder, a storm starting to recede, the woodland lapsed into momentary silence.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 5863
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip takes off his own light coat and puts it around the girl's form as his hands smooth over any remnants of open wounds his claws may have caused. He sweeps Ahnah easily into his arms, discarding manipulation ability for undead strength. Using the keys he took off Faith earlier he'll put Ahnah in the cab of the woman's truck, at least until the Battle Jenny get's here. Pretty sure he'd find some sort of emergency food like a Cliff bar or something in the glove box he'll set that near the young girl.

He'll walk over to Edmund's Jeep. "Faith needs to be brought in for her crimes. We won't have any opposition to that, I trust?" The question was not a question but the tone held more finality to it than menace. "She may even be able to get professional help with her phobia... I imagine that's why you taught her all the skills you did, right?" Phillip asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'll presume you instead put her in the cabin where it's warm, as the truck was utterly destroyed by Felix's magic.

Ahanah doesn't seem entirely aware of what's going on but seems appreciative of having an extra layer of clothing. When Philip checks, he does indeed find a spare cliff bar in the wrecked remains of Faith's truck which is handed over to her. It's accepted and grasped weakly in her hands yet doesn't make to open it just yet. By the time Ahnah is somewhere safe and secure within the cabin, exhaustion has caught up with her. She's asleep by the time he closes the door.

For his own part, Edmund seems to be experiencing some shock of his own, grasping his chest with one hand in a way that pings Philip's instincts as a paramedic. The other remains white-knuckle secured to his jeep's steering wheel, though there's no safe way for him to move it right now. "I... Phobia?" He blinks, looking over to Philip. "Crimes. You said she's been committing crimes. What... What's going on here? I look on the news and see my home on fire, had to sneak out of the hospital just so I could rush over here to check the cabin when they didn't find a body, and then there's... All of this going on."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 3038
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Chey had pushed this fight hard and she was feeling the fatigue but they'd won and as she stood over the fallen hunter the adrenaline still pumping she growled as the urge to just end the killer rode high in her mind. the military training said kill the threat the Huntress said take the prey. Ironically enough it was part of the military training that kicked in and left her to drop her fist.

She reared her head back and HOWLED her victory to the sky as loud as she could letting all the anger bleed off into the storm. She stood there for a few moments letting the rain fall on her face the drops cutting through the mud and dirt and blood in streaks like teardrops.

then she knelt down and stripped Faith of everything she could find that might be a weapon or magical doodad. Shed let Felix have a go at them he'd like that. then she restrained her as best she could and lifted her carefully to her shoulder and turned and walked to the cabin, when she arrived she put faith down near Phillip.

"Got another one for you. Broken ribs, most likely concussion."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1, Fatigued
HP: 0


Felix let out a sigh of relief as the coyotes crumpled to nothing.

The hoverboard slowly lowered him down, where he stepped back to the earth on shaky legs. The hoverboard shifted back to the twisted metal staff with the glowing crystal on the top, which he leaned heavily on as he made his way over to the truck.

He considered going to check on Ahanah, but he'd never been good with women.

Leaning heavily on his staff he looked at the old man. He felt bad for the guy, he was obviously sick and had come running out looking for a lost family member only to find out...

"Somebody has been hunting people. People who don't look human anymore. Mythics. One of those people went missing and her boyfriend asked us to find her," Felix says quietly, "When we went looking the evidence brought us back to your place. It had been heavily boobytrapped, and the basement..."

He looks at the old man, "I can show you what we found. If you want. But you don't have to see this."
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He breathes deeply through his nose, letting go of the steering wheel and his chest upon release. "I have to. I need to see it for myself."

When Felix provides photos taken from and of the basement, Edmund's face becomes harder to look at as each images flits by. "Faith really did all of this? I was only hospitalized for a few months, how did it all go wrong so quickly?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
jmucchiello
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by jmucchiello »

"Are we sure the cabin isn't booby trapped?" Foxy, still looking like a fox, says.
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1, Fatigued
HP: 0


"I don't know. I heard a little about what she wrote, it sounded like she was having visions? Myths indicate that can be hard on a person's mind," Felix looks down, "If I had to guess, I think she thought she was killing monsters to save people."

"But I really don't know. We only just met her before you arrived and she wasn't inclined to talk to us, as we were coming to find the girl she was after. You'd have to ask her to know for sure."
Flynnarrel
Posts: 5863
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: -2 Toughness | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Vicissitude


"You can show him the pictures." Phillip advises. He'd sent all the photos of the taxidermy shop basement to Felix for an occasion not unlike this.

"Neko, I'll need your help restraining and watching Faith. I don't want her in the cabin with Ahnah and I don't want her escaping again." Phillip says.

"The Cabin seemed okay, but if there's anything she could set off manually I don't want her near it, either." he says in answer to the talking fox's question.

"And Edmund, keep calm, your heart is beating fiercely." Phillip says, tapping his ear.
"Something pithy this way comes."
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 5463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He grimaces at Philip's last comment, but does stop for a few seconds to control his breathing. It seems like a well practiced exercise at a glance, and after a moment he seems to calm down just enough. "He showed me the pictures. Visions... I had no idea. Everything started happening at once, even before that 'Inheritance day' thing happened. I guess-"

Pausing, Edmund tries to think back on the first few months. "She had been acting... Skittish. I think. I thought it was the normal thing, for most people. Suddenly learning monsters are real and are your neighbors. Maybe it was something more. God..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play a more reasonable amount of characters then before.
Post Reply