[IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Phicksur

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Phicksur »

Name: DeeCee
HP: 3
Status: Uninjured, 0 Luck available, Impaired entire encounter

DeeCee continues his theme song, with all appropriate hip thrusts and gyrations, while waving his hands around and creating a ceramic boat around Tom Cyprus and himself, close enough to the column/pillar whatever that Medea and the others are fighting atop.

"When the vill'ns break and tear it down
I come along, rebuild the town.
Don't ask for thanks, nothin' to prove
I'm a buildin' man, now check my moves.

Now it's alright, I understan',
you may not care about the man,
who builds the things,
that you live in,
whether you're a Jane or Benjamin!

Whether you're a wizard or a lightnin' breathin' lizard
I'm just the buildin' guy. Buildin' guy.
All the city's shakin',
'cause someone started quakin',
I'm still the buildin' guy. Buildin' guy.
Oh yeah, stand by, the buildin' guy, buildin' guy.
Oh yeah, stand by the building guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Oooh, yeah!
"
Does this sand-thing look like his Doppleganger attack would work on it? The power technically does not require grabbing, or he would have taken that as a disadvantage on the power.
Scyblue

Re: [IC] [3E] The Neophyte Freedom City Experience - The Assault on the Nerian Nexus

Post by Scyblue »

Libra
HP: 1

It looked like Medea had summoned another lackey, but that didn't matter. Libra would take her out the same way she disposed of her pudding demons. She tried speeding up towards Sandstone, but no matter how much strength she put behind her flight, she couldn't shake of the arms holding on to her. Before she could build up momentum, another managed to grab her, making her punch miss by more than a bit.
"Alright, enough of this." And she flew up, twirling mid air, causing the arms still on her to tangle up. Finishing up with a corkscrew, Libra finally managed to free herself, leaving a tidy knot of arms behind her.

"You know what would be really embarrassing, Master Mage?" Libra said as she flew back down again. "If the little mageling managed to out-mage you. If you studied for millennia and you only have pudding and a ball of arms to show for it, that's really sad."
She placed herself between sandstone and the rest of the team. "Don't worry about the pile of sand, blast Medea to bits!"
OOC wrote: Unarmed attack against sandstone, but I don't think this hits.
attack: 1D20 + 8 = [2]+8 = 10
Natural 20 on breaking from the snare, though!
strength: 1D20 + 12 = [20]+12 = 32
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

"Talk, talk, talk," Medea says, rising once more on her pillar. "Is that your idea of repartee? The standard of education has dropped since the Lyceum. Which is particularly impressive because that was a first stab of formal education. But no... better for children to be gently pushed to one award to another rather than to educate. It is pitiful that such a strong young woman has been twisted into something so worthless." Her every word beats down on Libra, conjuring a headache as images flash through her head of all of the times her father has urged her to take a greater interest in the company, his disappointed face those times that she blew him off, her lingering fears that, were her powers to leave her, she'd be nothing special...

"Keep her down," she hears Medea say, before the towering figure of sand dissolves into a solid mass onto Libra, hitting her like a ton of bricks, and then slithering up to attempt to hold her in place.
OOC wrote:Medea uses her Crushing Will attack on Libra, which is Perception-range Damage 10 with an Alternate Save of Will.

And then Sandstone will use a different sort of crushing attack, using Power Attack 5. Attack roll (Unarmed): 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25 will hit for a Toughness DC of 28 and then a Grab resistance check against DC 23. Sandstone also effectively goes Prone in the process, although her Slithering negates several of the negative effects.

Initiative - Round 4
Sandstone: 21
Aeon: 20
DeeCee: 12
Libra: 11
Medea: 10 (Bruised)
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra

"That rant about the education system is something you wanted to get of your chest for a while isn't it?" Libra snapped back. "You sound a bit like grandma in that regard; you'd be talking to her about summoning pudding and suddenly she started ranting about today's lazy generation. She suffers from Alzheimer's, by the way--"
Her last word got cut off as Sandstone crushed down on her. A loud clang sounded on impact, as if a piece of metal took the hit instead of a person.
"Rude." Libra managed to get out before she got engulfed by sand again.
Unfortunately for her, Sandstone managed to grab her legs first, which she couldn't pull out on her own. Trying to pull them out with her hands had the opposite effect as she hoped, as now all her limbs got stuck.
OOC wrote: 1 degree of failure on the Crushing Will attack, and 2 degrees of failure on the different sort of crushing attack, as well as the grab:
will save: 1D20 + 8 = [10]+8 = 18
toughness : 1D20 + 12 = [8]+12 = 20
resist grab: 1D20 + 12 = [1]+12 = 13
I forgot to subtract 1 from the second check against damage, but the result should be the same.
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Name: Aeon
HP: 2

"Your right about one thing, talk has little meaning in a fight" Flashing into existence a new lance. "The power of a star on the other hand, now THAT'S something to watch!" As he throws another all-out-attack solar lance at Medea and then looks down at Libra "Come on! A ranting hag and an angry sandpit isn't going to keep you down is it?" Says Aeon with a smile, but in his head its a more grim image, if Libra's held to the ground for too long she'll start losing her powers, if needed he could try to help pull her out with the hand of Bythos, but playing tug of war with the giant sand women doesn't seem like the best idea.
OOC wrote: Aeon is gonna use Solar lance (all out attack 2) on Medea
Solar lance attack roll: 1D20 + 12 = [2]+12 = 14

sadly that's certainly gonna be a miss, I could use a hero point but Aeons running low so I'm gonna hold onto those
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

HP: 3
Status: Uninjured, 0 Luck available, Impaired entire encounter

DeeCee finishes up his theme song, while walking up to the bow of his boat.

You can tell by the way I wear my clothes
I'm a building man, as ev'ryone knows
Buildin' high or buildin' low
I do it all, with just a show.

So it's all right, yeah it's okay
for you to turn and run away
the heroes come to take 'em down
and I'll be here, rebuild your town.

Whether you're immortal or a guy who makes a portal
I'm still the buildin' guy, buildin' guy
Make a run for safety while villains actin' hasty
I'm still the buildin' guy, buildin' guy
Oh yeah, stand by, the buildin' guy, buildin' guy.
That's me, DeeCee, the buildin'g' guy.
Oh yeah!

After this final verse, DeeCee slaps the column Medea and Sandstone are standing on, transforming the whole thing to hot tar, which he and Tom Cyprus float on top of, safely, with the ceramic boat, as it slowly becomes less columnar, and more puddle-like.
Realty Shift on the column. I am hoping that Sandstone being pulled away from Libra will help them separate, spending a Hero Point if necessary to cause it to happen. In any event, the sand mixing with the tar should make Sandstone more substantial and less stretchy as well, rendering them less dangerous.
Last edited by Phicksur on Mon May 30, 2022 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

As the tower collapses into about 80,000 cubic feet of tar, which generates a layer almost six feet deep. Notably, you can see where the tar suddenly stops at the edges of the feet, revealing that the room is a bit over a hundred feet wide in each direction, forming a rough square.
"Well, that will be a pain to get out of the carpet," Medea quips, safe on her tower of stone, "The house won't be happy about that... I will be sure to let it know who the guilty party is when I return from retrieving its final key, the Medallion of Modrossus so that I can fully take charge of this place. After all, someone must be Master Mage and protect this world and I have a fondness for this world, so perhaps I will step up." She then opens the book she's been carrying and begins incanting words from it.

Libra thinks she hears a startled gasp before the mass of sand hovers in mid air, trailing bits of sand leading to clumps of hardened sand on the surface of the field, but still holding her tightly. Still, there's a moment when the grip loosens...
OOC wrote:I did a quick bit of research on tar, and I'm going with a Damage 5 (Reaction, touching), and Snare 5 (Reaction, touching) effect. For the Hero Point, Sandstone insulates Libra from the tar for this round, and she'll get a free breakout check. For Sandstone's rolls: Dodge / Toughness: 24, 16 keeps her from being ensnared, and leaves her with a Bruise (-1 penalty).

After her free Grab breakout roll (which will be at DC 18 because Power Attack doesn't affect breakout rolls), Libra will get to act, and then, if still caught in the Grab, will get another breakout roll against DC 18.

Incidentally, Aeon gets an Expertise (Magic) check. Actually make two if you wouldn't mind. One is for your understanding of Medea's actions, and the other is for her mention of the Medallion of Modrossus. As before, not taking her action just yet.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra

Libra started to panic as she sunk further into the sand. She had spent such a long time in the air that she completely forgot about her crippling weakness to earth; getting stuck inside a giant pile of sand wasn't going to do her powers any good.
But then the pillar collapsed, giving her the opening she needed. The moment Sandstone's grip loosened, Libra used the extra space to swing her arms around, flinging as much sand away from her as she could manage, finally breaking free.
"That was scary." Libra said as she dusted the sand off her cape. "Why are you working for Miss Talks-a-Lot again? She ought to be your lackey."
OOC wrote: I completely forgot about Libra's weakness xd Just tell me if I have to roll that escape check with a penalty or something, otherwise she breaks free.
escape check: 1D20 + 12 = [14]+12 = 26
Immediately followed by the sand-fling attack for toughness DC 27
attack: 1D20 + 8 = [15]+8 = 23
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

As Libra swings vigorously at the sand, she feels it yielding against the attack, moving with her attacks. Her query is met with another incoherent roar.
"Oh, you'll find that she's not much of a talker now," Medea says, "I personally think this is an improvement. Some people should not be part of the conversation. Speaking of which..." She points a finger at DeeCee and murmurs a few words, and he has the peculiar sensation like tiny threads pulling at his limbs.

"Oh, and blast the other two," she says to the sand golem, whose roar widens until a massive funnel of sand blasts out, scouring Libra and Aeon. Meanwhile, she pages through the book, evidently looking for something.
OOC wrote:Sandstone's immunity applies here, I think,

DC 20 Will save for DeeCee, It's an Affliction with degrees of Entranced, Compelled, and Controlled. Don't forget you're Impaired.

And Libra and and Aeon have a DC 22 Dodge save for half damage against the DC 27 Toughness Damage attack as

Initiative - Round 5
Sandstone: 21 (Bruised)
DeeCee: 12 (Impaired)
Libra: 11 (Bruised 2)
Blazichaos

Post by Blazichaos »

Name: Aeon

Aeon stares at Medea, puzzled while saying "What on earth are you-" before being abruptly cut off as the sand wave hits him straight on. His wards, ever so more vigilant than him, flairs to life and protects him from the sandstorm of hurt, leaving him simply blinking, oh right, the sand giant still here, and flying for that matter. Then looking down at the tar floor, "well this is turning out to be a REAL mess! And I thought you liked to clean up!" says to Dee Cee with a slight chuckle Before focusing back on Medea, "better end this quick before any REAL damage is done by whatever you're doing!" Summoning another bolt of solar energy to throw at Medea's way.
OOC wrote: Ooooh boy time for some rolls
Expertise (Magic); Medea: 1D20 + 14 = [7]+14 = 21

So chances are I have no idea
Expertise (Magic); Medallion of Modrossus: 1D20+14 = [1]+14 = 15

... Whats a "med...all...lion"?

Dodge: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Apparently, Aeons loss of brain cells had hit his motor controls hard, also derp, I forgot to account for all-out attack so that's actually a result of 10, yikes.
Toughness: 1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28

YES, Good rolls!

So yet another all-out attack solar lance thrown at Medea, because god knows what shes doing as I certainly don't.
Solar lance (all-out-attack): 1D20+12 = [8]+12 = 20

If that hits, DC 25 toughness check (although its looking a bit low)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

Medea slips Aeon's attack, but only at a close margin. She looks down at him with gimlet eye.
"Of course, violence is the last recourse of the dumb male mind. Although, I must admit, rape is a close second." she says with a flat voice.
OOC wrote:Yes, that does miss, but not by much. DeeCee is up next, although he has a Will save first against her Damage attack. Then, Libra.
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

DeeCee feels Medea messing with his head, "Oh, come on now!" he yells as he tries to empty his head of whatever she's trying to fill it with, thankfully with a great deal of success. Emptying his head is something he's gotten a lot of practice at, after all.

"I'll clean it up right now, as a matter of fact," he yells to Aeon, reaching down to transform the hot tar into normal air, which he, Tom, and the boat, fall into about 5 feet.

Afterwards, he looks up at everyone fighting up in the air before yelling, "I don't suppose there's any chance we can talk this out, huh? Little miss, 'Men always resort to violence', who then proceeds to attack myself and the others? Unless you're just using stereotypes to justify being a jerk to everyone, which I can see that being the case."

DeeCee continues to stand in the boat, with an unconscious Tom, and waits for Medea's answer.
Scyblue

Post by Scyblue »

Libra

Disturbed by Medea's implication that she was magically forcing the sand woman to fight for her against her will, Libra didn't notice the giant sand funnel before it got into her face. She managed to fly out of it without too much effort, but it showed again that she couldn't do much against Sandstone. Instead she should focus on taking down Medea instead.

Flying over, Libra readied herself to crash into Medea. Hopefully the added momentum would give her punch enough oomph to distract Medea from whatever she was doing with the book.
"I suppose forcing others to do the violence saves you from becoming a brute, then." Libra said. "We met this lovely fellow a few rooms back. Called himself Dracula or something; he respected women as much as you men. So much similarities between the two of you, you ought to hook up, really."
OOC wrote:
Against the sand attack:
Dodge save: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
toughness: 1D20+12-2 = [9]+12-2 = 19

Then a all-out power attack 2 against Medea for toughness DC 29:
attack: 1D20 + 8 = [15]+8 = 23
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

GM

"Well, if you are willing to leave the premises and leave me to my own devices, given you were the one to initiate hostilities, I'm willing to— hey!" Medea's pillar dropped slightly, enough that Libra's blow glanced off of her shield. She rose back up, moving her hands as if to dust off her robes.

"And this is why I never bother negotiating with heroes. Talk on one hand, punch with the other, and then they just try to justify it all as necessary to defend truth and justice, which always seem to align with keeping the status quo." She stabs one hand out toward Libra, a torrent of flame issuing from it and licking over Libra.
"Truthfully, as I said before, I have bigger fish to fry, but I will admit that you still amuse. The mageling, the hoyden, and the jester. Speaking of which..." She gestures down toward the boat.
"Stomp that bug, and then bring Cypress back to me."

The figure of sand swoops to above DeeCee and then suddenly the sand coalesces into a solid statue of rock, which slams down with bruising force on Dee Cee before she rolls off of him, and raises her hands in a fighting stance.
OOC wrote:That will hit, with Toughness: 24 netting her a second bruise.

She will attack with Mystic Blast and then move back about 30 feet, traveling along the raised pillars. Mystic Blast (PA 2): 16 will just hit due to the All out Attack. That will be a DC 28 Toughness save.

For Sandstone, I'm going to have her do a Slam Attack against DeeCee. Slam Attack (AoA 2): 21 will hit for a DC 29 Toughness save. Her own save against half damage, DC 22, results in Toughness save (Slam): 28 and no damage.

Initiative - Round 5
Sandstone: 21 (Bruised, -2 to active defenses, stone form)
DeeCee: 12 (Impaired)
Libra: 11 (Bruised 3)
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phicksur

Post by Phicksur »

Status: -1 Bruising, 0 Luck available, Impaired entire encounter

"Again with the jester thing? Did you not hear my theme song? I am a builder, not a jester! I really dislike hurting people!" DeeCee irritatingly announces before he gets hit with a pillar of rock.