For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
CND: Haunted
Form: Mist

If they had to fill up, going back to a place they used before was a bit risky. Time was coming for them to rest though, so some risks had to be taken. If needed, Diego could lie about it all. "If no other gas station is close by that will suffice, we will need to risk it. I assume you can pilot this plane so that we avoid patrols as best as possible. At the gas station, everyone stay down. I will handle it. Remember the line is we all partied a bit too hard. If no other remarks, let's head out.", says Diego.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 2, Condition: Fatigued

Aiden nods to Diego and heads to the cockpit to pilot Shrike close enough to the gas station so they can get there relatively easily.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 1
VP: 0
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
EP:3
Dominion Point: 0

Iona stands with her melanin-cream in one hand and a handful of padding in the other. Looking to both Aiden and Diego, she speaks up. "May we not spare one more hour for me to complete mine and Officer Steiner's disguises?", she says with a barely noticeable tone of irritation in her voice. "With just a little effort we could avoid awkward seating arrangements in the back and...purposefully vomiting in the floorboard of the car." She utters the last sentence with revulsion. "I believe this small investment of time will pay dividends."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Mist

Iona was being herself. Again. "Vomit is meant to not have any possible stops stay around the vehicle too long. Even the best of lies do not stand under too long of questioning. The two of you will also be laying down in the back as well. Once again to help sell our story. An hour with the search going on plus a lack of rest over the last 24 hours is not a small ask. Not everyone here is a machine created an egomaniac traitor genius. John is already frayed. An hour longer plus travel time, even if shorter will only add to his deteriorating state.", explains Diego. He really didn't think he needed to, but Iona was relentless. She wanted what she wanted.

His native state didn't betray any visual clues, but he was on the verge of dropping Iona and John off in the desert somewhere while the mission progressed. Both were proving liabilities. Iona could still hold some value however and John would be useful fall guy if it came to it. The more Iona pressed though, the more Diego was inclined to see their upside as not so much of an upside.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden pauses only briefly at the door to the cockpit as Diego speaks. He smiles as Diego digs in again. He even lets the slight against Dr Sokolov go this time.

Once Diego is finished, Aiden opens the door.

"Strap yourself in," he says before entering the cockpit and preparing to take off.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The cockpit seals behind Aiden, segregating his from the passengers and their cargo. His awareness expands as displays in front of him feed his sensor data. Preparations for the flight are made quickly. When the Shrike takes off there is almost no sense of movement for Diego, John, and Iona. In a matter of minutes Aiden is landing the Shrike in the desert again. About a mile out from the road leading to your first waypoint: the run-down gas station you had visited the previous day.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Solid

Diego didn't expect a long ride. The jet had to go slower, but not that slow. Even as it flew, Diego was giving out direction. "Lets make sure the vehicle is loaded. The two of you will be in the back quiet hopefully. Unfortunately, we are short on blankets.", says Diego assessing the items at their disposal. "It may work out better that the two of you will be covered in the tarp with various items on top of it. There will be no need for vomit.", adds Diego.

When the plane lands and Aiden returns Diego nods to the pilot. Along the way, Diego shifted back into a thirty year old ex soldier modeled after some of the soldiers he served with before except abstracted out. If the cameras saw an impala being lifted into the plane, the cops would have scoured various dealerships and he was certain the shady one they bought from would sell them out in an instant. So, better to be safe than sorry and use a new face. For his outfit, he formed some jeans and a Gun's and Roses shirt with some grease stains on it. "Are we ready to depart? Was their any indication of planes nearly detecting us or close by?", inquires Diego of Aiden. Pausing for a moment, he adds another SA query. "Is there a radio on this plane or can the vehicle pick up radio? News radio might be talking about increased check points or something relevant.", adds Diego.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden nods. "I can scan the radio frequencies, but if they are using an encrypted channel, we are probably out of luck."

Aiden also reports any flight patrols he picked up and/or avoided on the way in.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:The patrols are on going. "Nearby" is relative when you are dealing with jet fighters. One hundred miles is about thirty seconds of travel. There wasn't any suspicious response to you movements.

As for checking unsecure radio channels referencing things relevant to your situation, the news is reporting that the police have setup roadblocks leading into Las Vegas. There is also mention of Stronghold being called in to assist with the situation. Though it sounds like there isn't a notable Stronghold presence currently in the area.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:4
Cnd: Fatigued; Impaired (-2 circumstance penalty to all skill rolls)

"Miss Iona, I don't think my big ass is gonna fit in the floorboard of the car. I'm too big and the Ascendant and Aiden will have to move their seats all the way forward to accommodate me. If you don't mind, could you take the floorboard while I lie flat on the back seat?" Even though Iona is a cyborg, John feels weird about asking a "female" to endure less comfortable traveling arrangements than himself. Some of it is concern, but much of it is his own ego...he should be the one enduring more of the hardship.

Once Iona gets comfortable, John lies prone on the back seat and helps to pull the tarp over himself and his teammate. Then he remains still while AIden and Diego pile various travel bags and other items on top of them. Damn, I hope this works. It's gonna be a hell of a mess if it doesn't.
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP: 1
VP: 0
Cnd: Normal
EP:3
Dominion Point: 0

Iona's slender frame fits much easier than John's between the rear seats and the back of the front-passengers seats. Without responding to John, she crawls onto the rear floorboard of the car. When the tarp is placed over them, she helps adjust it properly in order to completely cover herself. After the various objects are piled on, she lies motionless. She does not need to breathe, so no feelings of "claustrophobia" arise. The things I do for this cause. Someday it will all be worth it.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden goes back into the cockpit, peels off his jumpsuit and puts on a plain t-shirt and pants. He stands at the door and sighs.

He is taking a ridiculously stupid risk for the crystal, and if things go south again, he might need to put Shrike in serious jeopardy to save his skin. And his backup consists of them. He shakes his head before exiting.

As he re-enters the main area, he tosses his jumpsuit in the small closet by the cockpit and grabs a clean set of clothes for after the shower - assuming they even make it to the hotel. He gets in the passenger seat and engages the virtual controls ready to drop the car out and fly Shrike safely away.

"How far out you want me to park her?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Solid

When everyone seemed ready, Diego got into the vehicle himself stashing the bag he had brought. "Park the plane in the middle of nowhere 200 miles out. It should be sufficient radius to find a spot so long as it stays cloaked. Would your connection with the plane allow for it's systems to alert you of impending detection?", inquires Diego settling into the car. He wasn't a fan of having to drive, but they needed to get within the city lines to the motel if that even was an option anymore.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

"I need to stay passively connected. Not to the same degree piloting requires, but there will be some distraction."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You disembark from the Shrike, driving out of the desert and to the road. Aiden is distracted for a while, staring off into the middle distance while waving his hands around in bizarre gestures. No one but he is aware of the stealth aircraft taking off and flying away.

The trip to the gas station is uneventful. You fill up the Impala's gas tank and move out. On the second leg of your trip a police car passes you by, but nothing comes of it. The closer you get to Las Vegas the more traffic things out. Both coming and going. Until it is just you on the road. At some point you are able to spot a police car i your rearview near. Just as a road block of police cars and an armored personnel carrier come into view on the road ahead at a choke point where metal guard rails have kept the paved road ways confined.