Heavy Hitters and Skillmonkeys (Atom Eve, Rex Splode)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Harnos

Re: Marvel and DC Heavy Hitters

Post by Harnos »

Captain Marvel- Billy Batson PL 15
Strength 19 Stamina 17 Fighting 9
Agility 2 Dexterity 4
Intellect 2 Awareness 3/8 Presence 2

Powers:
Strength of Hercules: Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Lifting (200.000 tons) (4)
Stamina of Atlas: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 12 (Stops 11 or less, 24 pp) (41)
Immunity 11(Life Support, Aging)
Enhanced Advantages: Great Endurance, Diehard, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort(Toughness Save)
Speed of Hermes: Enhanced Advantages: Accurate Attack, Evasion 1, Improve Initiative 4, Move-by Action (54)
Quickness 8
Movement 1 (Rock of Eternity)
Flight 17, Subtle
AE: Flight 14 (32.000 MPH), Subtle, Quickness 6(Stacks with Quickness 8)
AE: Speed 14 (32.000 MPH), Subtle, Quickness 6(Stacks with Quickness 8)

Wisdom of Solomon: Enhanced Awareness 5 (21)
Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak and Write All Languages)
Enhanced Advantages: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Jack of All Trades
Enhanced Skill 4: Expertise 4-Magic
Courage of Achilles: Enhanced Advantages 2: Fearless, Ultimate Effort (Will Save) (2)

Power of Zeus: Ranged Damage 15, Linea Area 1 (120 ft) [45 points array] (47)
AE: Lightning Bolt; Ranged Damage 16, Accurate 2
AE: Groundstrike; Burst Area 2 (60 ft) Affliction 15 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and
Prone) Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to targets on the ground, linked with Close Damage 15, Burst
Area 2 (60 ft), Limited to targets on the ground

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion 1, Improve Initiative 3, Great Endurance, Diehard, Ultimate Effort(Toughness Save)
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Jack of All Trades, Fearless, Ultimate Effort (Will Save)

Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown,Teamwork

Skills: 18 ranks
Acrobatics 3/5
Athletics 1/20
Close Combat: Unarmed 2/11
Deception
Expertise: Magic 1/3/7
Expertise: Pop Culture 1/5
Insight 1/9
Intimidation 1/3
Investigation
Perception 2/10
Persuasion 2/4
Ranged Combat: Throwing 2/9
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 10 Parry 10 Toughness 19 (Impervious to 11 or less)
Fortitude 17 Will 13

Offense:
Initiative +18
Unarmed 11, Damage 19
Throwing 9, Damage 19
Lightning Bolt 11, Damage 16
Lingthning Line -, Damage 15

Abilities 116 + Defenses 14 + Powers 169 + Advantages 7 + Skills 9 = 315 pp

Complications:
Enemy: Black Adam and Dr. Thaddeus Sivana.
Power Loss: No powers as Billy Batson. Captain Marvel can lose his powers if tricked into saying his magic word.
Secret Identity: Billy Batson. In his normal identity, Billy has Str 0, Sta 1, Ftg 2, and Awe 3 with corresponding adjustments to his skill ranks and defenses.
Young: Captain Marvel is really just a kid at heart, and sometimes makes foolish or impulsive choices.

Another PL 15 definer is Captain Marvel. His durability, speed and strength is just a notch below Superman, though his lightning equals his heat vision. He doesn't hit his PL caps on dodge-parry and toughness but I might upgrade him and Superman later. I like him with and without hood. Alex Ross' drawing made him look more dangerous and cool while the hood compliments his youth.
Last edited by Harnos on Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Harnos wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:01 am Another PL 15 definer is Captain Marvel. His durability, speed and strength is just a notch below Superman, though his lightning equals his heat vision. He doesn't hit his PL caps on dodge-parry and toughness but I might upgrade him and Superman later. I like him with and without hood. Alex Ross' drawing made him look more dangerous and cool while the hood compliments his youth.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:59 pm
Harnos wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:01 am Another PL 15 definer is Captain Marvel. His durability, speed and strength is just a notch below Superman, though his lightning equals his heat vision. He doesn't hit his PL caps on dodge-parry and toughness but I might upgrade him and Superman later. I like him with and without hood. Alex Ross' drawing made him look more dangerous and cool while the hood compliments his youth.
Ken wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:11 am
Harnos wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:20 pm Superman PL 16 (367)

I gave him 20 Str, so he ... is little bit stronger than Black Adam and Captain Marvel.
Them's fightin' words in these parts, pardner. ;)
Okay, maybe "fightin' words" was too strong a phrase.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Hey, everyone's allowed their opinion. It's what keeps these builds interesting instead of them just being copy/pastes of each other. :)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

True.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Ken wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:55 pm True.

To be fair, that's Captain Thunder right there, not Captain Marvel, but for most of their history the pair have been considered equals, especially Pre-Crisis. But I don't want this to get into a debate on character Power Levels. This is Harnos' thread and his interpretation of these characters.

Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Ares wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:59 pm
Got it and appreciate it. :)

My most concerning reason for this statting is my own wish. I want to see Superman above the other leaguers. The only time I read them fighting was in Kingdom Come and I don't remember Superman having upper hand in that fight, though my memory is blurry about this.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Also I pretty much like Centurion, so I wanted my Superman to be based on his character sheet.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Flash PL 12
Strength 2 Stamina 3 Fighting 7/13
Agility 4/8 Dexterity 3
Intellect 4 Awareness 4 Presence 2

Powers:
Fast Metabolism: Regeneration 1 (Once in a minute), Enhanced Fortitude 4 (5)

Untouchable: Enhanced Agility 4, Fighting 6 (74 pp)
Enhanced Dodge 8, Parry 3
Immunity 80 (Dodge and Parry based attacks), Unreliable:%50 chance
Protection 5, Sustained, Limited to attacks he can dodge and parry

Fastest Man Alive: Speed 20 (2.000.000 MPH), Quickness 20 (2 months to 6 seconds) (68)
Movement 3 (Wall-crawling 2, Water Walking), Limited to while moving
Enhanced Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 12, Instant
Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Ultimate Effort (Dodge saves)

Super-speed Stunts: Rapid Attack; Strength-based Damage 6, Multiattack and Selective on Strength Damage 8 [22 pp aray] (30)
  • Hit Everyone: Strength-based Damage 5, Burst Area 1 (30 ft) and Selective on Strength Damage 8
  • Infinite Mass Punch: Strength-based Damage 11, Inaccurate 2
  • Hand-made Tornado: Cone Area 1 (60 ft) Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength) (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone),Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery
  • Movement (Safe Fall), Affect Others, Burst Area 1 (30 ft)
  • Block Attack: Deflect 16
  • Throwback: Deflect 16, Reflect, Limited to Projectiles
  • Hyper-fast Throw: Ranged Damage 7, Quirk (Requires Objects)
  • Vibration: Insubstantial 4 (Intangible)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 12, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2
Contacts, Equipment 2, Great Endurance, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills: 48 ranks
Acrobatics 1/9
Athletics 6/8
Close Combat: Unarmed 2/15
Deception 2/4
Expertise: Forensics 8/12
Expertise: Natural Sciences 6/10
Intimidation
Investigation 10/14
Perception
Persuasion 3/5
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6/9
Sleight of Hand
Stealth 2/10
Technology 2/12
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 16 (Immunity, Unreliable) Parry 16 (Immunity, Unreliable) Toughness 3/8
Fortitude 9 Will 10

Offense:
Initiative +56
Unarmed 15, Damage 8
Infinite Mass Punch 11, Damage 13
Hyper-fast Throw 9, Damage 7

Abilities 58 + Defenses 8 + Powers 177 + Advantages 6 + Skills 24 = 273 pp

Complications:
Enemies: The Flash has an extensive Rogues Gallery of foes out to get him.
Relationships: His wife, Iris, grandson Bart “Kid Flash” Allen, Wally West, and the greater “Flash family.”
Secret Identity: Barry Allen, Central City police scientist.
Weakness: Extra effort involving Speed Force threatens to draw the Flash into the Speed Force.

Flash is another important cornerstone for builds because he is the speedster that created and defined the speedsters. He should be a good example of what a fast and agile character could accomplish. Official build for him is quite terrible because he lacks multiattack and area extras on melee and Batman could easily hit him. Logic-wise no "normal" human should be able to hit a guy who watches bullets in slow motion, however since this is comics they can, but this should not be an easy feat. So I left his PL as official build suggested but gave him Immunity and multiattack, so he is more effective than his PL 12 would suggest. His immunity is unreliable, works %50 of the time so elite martial artists and other talented fighters have a chance too hit him. However, hitting him is hard even with a +20 attack bonus because he is the guy who can reach or surpass light speed. I think this reflects his portrayal in DC animations and the limited number of DC comics I read.

He doesn't fully reach his offensive cap because he is more used to dodge and run that hit people. I thought about making him PL 13-14 defensively but I didn't want to create a visible gap between his abilites. Also Power Profiles book gave us immunity to dodge and parry based attacks and if Flash himself don't have it, no one is qualified to have.

I've drunk a little bit while writing this so I hope there aren't a lot of mistakes. :D
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Ares wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Ken wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:55 pm Image
To be fair, that's Captain Thunder right there, not Captain Marvel...
Far be it from me to doubt the Marvel family's biggest fan but... are you sure? We can't see all of it, but that looks suspiciously like a Marvel Family lightning bolt on his chest, not Captain Thunder's... ball-thingy. (What is that supposed to be? A mace?)
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jack of Spades wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:25 am
Ares wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Ken wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:55 pm Image
To be fair, that's Captain Thunder right there, not Captain Marvel...
Far be it from me to doubt the Marvel family's biggest fan but... are you sure? We can't see all of it, but that looks suspiciously like a Marvel Family lightning bolt on his chest, not Captain Thunder's... ball-thingy. (What is that supposed to be? A mace?)
I'm pretty sure. It looks like an edit someone made to the original image:

As for the symbol, I'm guessing it's either some kind of stylized thunder cloud or a 'thunder burst'.

Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Aquaman PL 13
Strength 12 Stamina 12 Fighting 11
Agility 5 Dexterity 4
Intellect 1 Awareness 2 Presence 5

Powers:
Aquatic Physiology: Immunity 3 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold), Movement (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-light Vision) (6)
Atlantean Paragon: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 6, Enhanced Strength 3, Limited to Lifting (800 tons) (15)
Aquatic Movement: Swimming 10 (500-MPH) (11)
AE: Leaping 10 (1 Mile)

Talks to Fish: Comprehend 2 (Animals), Limited to Marine Life (75)
Communication 2, Area, (Limite to Marine Life)
Enhanced Skill: Persuasion 15, Limited to Marine Life (-2)
Enhanced Advantage: Animal Empathy
Ranged Affliction 10, Burst Area 5 ( 500 ft radius), Cumulative, Limited to Marine Life (-2) (60 pp)

Trident of Atlan:
Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage: Improved Critical 1 (5)
Reach 1, Feature 2: + 10 Toughness , Easily Removeable

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack,
Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Takedown
Benefit 5 (King of Atlantis), Connected, Fearless

Skills: 56 ranks
Acrobatics 3/8
Athletics 3/15
Close Combat: Unarmed 1/12
Deception
Expertise: Atlantean King 12/13
Expertise: Ocean and Sea Lore 12/13
Insight 3/5
Intimidation 7/12
Investigation
Perception 6/8
Persuasion 3/8
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6/10
Sleight of Hand
Stealth 1/6
Technology
Treatment
Vehicles 1/5

Defenses:
Dodge 11 Parry 11 Toughness 14
Fortitude 12 Will 9

Offense:
Initiative +13
Unarmed 12, Damage 12
Trident 11, Damage 15
Throwing 10, Damage 12

Abilities 104 + Defenses 13 + Powers 110 + Advantages 12 + Skills 23 = 264 pp

Complications:
Relationships: Aquaman has a wife, Mera, ties with his former ward, Tempest, and his friends in Atlantis.
Responsibility: As King of Atlantis, Aquaman must attend to the needs of his people and his duty to the Seven Seas, which can occasionally come into conflict with his responsibilities to the JLA.
Temper: Aquaman is known for his fierce temper.
Weakness: Aquaman dehydrates when away from water for an extended period of time, becoming impaired, disabled and finally incapacitated before his condition becomes life threatening. Immersion in water immediately removes all accumulated conditions.

Aquaman was a little bit confusing for me, because interpretation of his power level and variety of powers vary wildly. I choose his warrior with a trident version as I'm most familiar with this. His strength level was hard to determine, official build gave him a mere 25 tons lifting capacity while he traded blows with Supes and lifted sub-marines and ships in some stories. So I gave him just enough to lift this vehicles. He is PL 13 only with his trident and PL 12 otherwise. Since I uplifted Superman and some others, I gave him a PL upgrade too. I considered giving him Minion advantage bu it would require statting them and I'm not sure how many minions I can give with that advantage, so I decided not to do that.
Last edited by Harnos on Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I would argue that some of Aquaman's Toughness should come from the bronze scale mail he's been wearing since 1941.

Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Ken wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:30 am I would argue that some of Aquaman's Toughness should come from the bronze scale mail he's been wearing since 1941.
I thought about this but I wasn't sure if it is just a traditional and ceremonial dress or a really effective armor. Is it made of something special like orichalcum, durasteel or something like that? If you are sure I can edit the build.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Darkseid PL 18
Strength 21 Stamina 19 Fighting 12
Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Intellect 8 Awareness 6 Presence 8

Powers:
Huge Size: Growth 4, Innate, Permanent (9)
New God: Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging), Immortality 1 (2 weeks) (13)
Invulnerable: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 15 (Stops 14 or less, 30 pp), Regeneration 1, Feature 1: Regrowth (35)
Incredible Strength: Enhanced Strength 4, Limited to Lifting (800.000 tons)
Enhanced Advantage: Improved Hold (5)

Levitation: Flight 6, Subtle (9)
  • AE: Space Travel 3
  • Dimensional Travel 3
Omega Effect: [81 pp array] (84)
  • Destruction Effect; Ranged Damage 22, Multiattack, Accurate 3, Homing 3, Reversible, Dimensional 3, Affects Insubstantial 2, Enhanced Advantage 1: Precise Attack (Ranged-Cover), Extended Range 2 (2200 ft, 4400 ft, 8800 ft)
  • Teleportation Effect; Teleport 22 (16.000 Miles), Attack, Accurate 3, Homing 3, Reversible, Dimensional 3, Affects Insubstantial 2, Enhanced Advantage 1: Precise Attack (Ranged-Cover), Extended Range 2 (2200 ft, 4400 ft, 8800 ft)
  • Pain Effect: Ranged Affliction 22, Multiattack, Cumulative, (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: Dazed, Stunned), Limited to Two Degrees
  • Boomtube: Teleport 16, Extended Only, Portal, Accurate, Feature 1:Increased Portal Size (10 ft)

Advantages:
Benefit 10 (Lord of Apokolips), Diehard, Fascinate (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 6, Power Attack, Second Chance (Mind Control), Startle, Withstand Damage 1 (+2 Toughness, -2 Dodge/Parry), Ultimate Effort 2(Toughness Checks, Will Saves), Takedown

Skills: 58 ranks
Acrobatics
Athletics
Close Combat: Unarmed 2/13
Deception 8/15
Expertise: Space and Dimensions 12/20
Insight 9/15
Intimidation 14/22 (24 with size)
Investigation
Perception 3/9
Persuasion 5/13
Ranged Combat:
Sleight of Hand
Stealth
Technology 5/13
Treatment
Vehicles

Defenses:
Dodge 8 Parry 12 Toughness 22 (Impervious to 14)
Fortitude 19 Will 15

Offense:
Initiative 10
Unarmed 13, Damage 21
Omega Beams 14, Damage 22 and other effects

Abilities 156 + Defenses 19 + Powers 155 + Advantages 29 + Skills 29 = 388 pp

Complications:
Obsession: With discovering the Anti-Life Equation and extinguishing free will throughout the cosmos.
Arrogance:Darkseid is supremely arrogant and confident in his position as a god.

My Darkseid is based on more of Omega from Freedom City than the official build in DCA. He is PL 18 with his Omega Beams and PL 17 without them. He can overpower Superman and fight Justice League alone. In official build his strength was lower than Superman's for a reason I don't understand. I think he should be a little higher than him. His toughness should also allow him to endure hits from several PL14-15 leaugers. I also added a slow flight: I saw it in Justice League: War, which was a nice movie. He would also withstand nuclear weapons with 22 toughness and Ultimate Effort, as a world conqueror supposed to do. I slightly lowered his melee attack, I don't think it should equal the accuracy of Omega Beams. I significantly lowered the ranks of Homing so agile characters like Flash have a decent chance to dodge the Omega attack.
Last edited by Harnos on Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.